PDA

View Full Version : Ken Kutaragi bails out

Sonicboy 101
April 26th, 2007, 19:26
via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162847)

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Corporation have jointly announced that Ken Kutaragi, representative director, chairman and group CEO of SCEI will retire from his executive position effective June 19, 2007.

Kutaragi is known as the "father of PlayStation" and invented and launched the original PlayStation in 1994 as well as the PS2 in 2000.

Kutaragi will step back from his executive management role to serve as honorary chairman of SCEI and provide insight and support Sony boss Sir Howard Stringer as senior technology advisor.

According to Sony After launching the PlayStation 3 worldwide. Kutaragi has decided to "pursue his dreams beyond PlayStation and to accelerate his network vision."

Kazuo Hirai, president and Group COO at SCEI will be promoted to president and Group CEO, continuing his responsibility as the leader of the PlayStation business.

"I am happy to graduate from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. after introducing four platforms to the PlayStation family," said Ken Kutaragi.

"It has been an exciting experience to change the world of computer entertainment by marrying cutting edge technologies with creative minds from all over the world. I'm looking forward to building on this vision in my next endeavors."

Buddy4point0
April 26th, 2007, 20:24
lol, this dude is the father of playstation. i wanna see a pic

DarthPaul
April 26th, 2007, 20:58
Kutaragi!! I hope he has a good life from now on.

Cho Aniki
April 26th, 2007, 21:21
http://beconfused.com/images/2005/11/Ken%20Kutaragi%20is%20proud%20of%20Playstation%203 .jpg

pkmusicmaker
April 26th, 2007, 21:32
It's disappointing to see him go, but as long as he's still working on things, I'm interested in seeing what he comes up with next.

SSaxdude
April 26th, 2007, 22:59
This can't mean anything good for the PS3.

Basil Zero
April 26th, 2007, 23:32
This can't mean anything good for the PS3.

Actually it wouldnt matter since he didnt make the design for ps3.

Besides its listed he'll provide insight, which is somewhat good.

INixxI
April 27th, 2007, 04:01
I wouldn't say his departure wasn't good for the ps3, I'd say the ps3 wasn't good for his career. Wasn't he one of the strongest proponents of blueray when it was being designed?

Oh, and I suppose I should pay my respects for all he has done. Here I go.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!! RIDGE RACER!