PDA

View Full Version : How about a new web browser?

camcorderdoctor
April 26th, 2007, 20:08
It would be nice if someone could write a new type of web bowser for the psp. The sony default one sucks - maybe one that has plugin support and stuff.
Any coders working on this yet?

PLZKLLME0080
April 26th, 2007, 20:35
i dont see whats so bad about it. then again, i dont use it that much. a newer one may be better.

camcorderdoctor
April 27th, 2007, 17:56
well ... the thing is that i am happy that there is a browser at all ... but unfortunately it doesn't seem to fully support java or flash - i also use gmail (flash based, i think) alot - nescafe's sight won't work properly (java based nes emulator), and 'VNC' (remote desktop App) page won't load for remote pc action (also java based) . i don't see this as being too improssible to achieve - I'm probably wrong though.

ICE
April 27th, 2007, 18:44
the browser is fine.. its just SLOW.

try link's web browser

cnewhall
May 25th, 2007, 19:44
Gmail will work. They have a low-fi version too made for loading fast on cell phones or psp's.

parkermauney
May 25th, 2007, 20:19
TightVNC was actually ported to psp.

Cap'n 1time
May 25th, 2007, 20:34
The links browser loads things very fast... or at least a lot faster than the Sony one. It doesnt have a ton of features, but it works much better for your casual browsing.

potatoman
May 25th, 2007, 22:49
i think there is already one, check qj.net

Ranmax09
June 2nd, 2007, 14:01
AnonymousTipster is already creating a browser for the PSP called Elipse. Check QJ.net in Developers Dungeon.

lilbart90
June 23rd, 2007, 05:38
i use the links2 browser, its the best browser out for game consoles, ive got it on my XBOX too. It works for everything and even offers some cool plugins

Tesseract
June 23rd, 2007, 09:34
I'm looking forward to a better browser, as well. Links is OK, but the GUI is a little annoying to use. Hopefully Tipster's project will result in a browser that I'd actually be willing to use in lieu of the Official one.