PDA

View Full Version : 80GB PS3 revealed?

wraggster
April 26th, 2007, 20:27
Rumors of Sony's plan to releae a new 80GB PS3 have been fueled by a photograph of what appears to be the box of one of these high-storage machines.

As you can see in the image, picked up by Kotaku (and can be viewed just below this story), the PS3 box snapped clearly displays the increased size of the supposed new model.

Sony itself re-ignited speculation when SCE spokesperson, Satoshi Fukuoka, revealed that a bigger hard drive was being considered by the company.

SCEE were unavailable for comment at the time of writing but we'll keep on 'em. We'll remain sceptical for the moment though.

Screens Here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162805)

Demibeard
April 26th, 2007, 21:12
I'm going to get flamed but, am I the only one who thinks big whoop?
If they had put a 120 or 160 inside that would be both interesting and frankly annoying, but 20gig more? What's the point. I bought myself an enternal USB drive (£85 for 400Gb) and I just backup and store my media files on that.
If you can't be bothered to press the triangle and 'view all' from the XMB, create the folders 'Music', 'Video' and 'Pictures' on any external device and your PS3 will show the respective folder when you select the device.

Triv1um
April 26th, 2007, 21:30
I bought myself an enternal USB drive (£85 for 400Gb)

I brought the same one, from pc world? =p

anyway, just annother way of sony to take money out of our pockets.

pkmusicmaker
April 26th, 2007, 21:37
The only people left who want a PS3 and don't have one are people who find it too expensive. A more expensive model would be useless since everyone who would have bought one already owns one. If this is all true, Sony made a horrible decision.

F9zDark
April 26th, 2007, 21:38
I'm going to get flamed but, am I the only one who thinks big whoop?
If they had put a 120 or 160 inside that would be both interesting and frankly annoying, but 20gig more? What's the point. I bought myself an enternal USB drive (£85 for 400Gb) and I just backup and store my media files on that.
If you can't be bothered to press the triangle and 'view all' from the XMB, create the folders 'Music', 'Video' and 'Pictures' on any external device and your PS3 will show the respective folder when you select the device.

You won't get flamed, cause I feel the same way. (Aside from the fact that the image is a forgery).

If Sony wants to trump the Xbox360 Elite, they will have to do better than a paltry 20gb increase. Hell, if I were Sony, to combat the Elite, I'd throw in a 300gb hard-drive and removable shell pieces that can be swapped around (similar to 360's faceplates).

And really, it doesn't matter if Sony releases a PS3 with a larger disk, we can easily upgrade the drive ourselves.

Accordion
April 26th, 2007, 21:43
those boxes look...old!

i doubt very much they would be shipped before an announcment as well

Hiei311
April 26th, 2007, 22:39
ummm really on the 360 elite wtf r u going to do with a 120gb hard drive?????? u cant save a full game on there and movies r only rentals witch is bullshit, and like the guy said 2 post above me just remove ur damn hdd its better that way and it dosnt void warrnety

mnuhaily22
April 27th, 2007, 06:30
^^^You stole my words buddy, they don't even allow you to put music unless it's from an audio CD, and I can't put all my movies, and tv shows, while even my PSP can do that...