PDA

View Full Version : Attention all coders..............

fatcat04912
April 26th, 2007, 22:40
I had a massive idea you know some of the best home brew were Dungeons 3d and iris right. so why don't we take the first person of Dungeons 3d with the "free environment" of iris We could make so many different mods..... "Palo" psp Halo Or something neat just think about it wouldnt it be just be like taking snippets of cod and joining them....... well it was just a thought...

fatcat04912
April 26th, 2007, 23:04
AL so im new to coding and i was wondering if i could get some help with this project
God i hate being a noob

max_hempfling
April 27th, 2007, 00:27
wut format models dus dungeons take?

fatcat04912
April 27th, 2007, 00:32
Quake 3 But mainly i want to use just the first person from dungeons

PSPdemon
April 27th, 2007, 01:32
Ive thought of this too, but i looked at both.... heres what i can tell you

Iris wasnt completed, but we have to remember, .BSP uses up alot of resources ( esspecially when using lots of textures, and if you want quality....your talking about 256x256 textures which puts a tremendous load on ram [ if im not badly mistaken ] )

so if you want more open world maps, your going to need to look at a different solution.

Iris used a much easier supported model format ( MD2 ) but MD2 looks like jello, esspecialy when in FP mode...

Now, Dugons uses MD3 as its model support, which is much better than MD2 ( though really MD5 is much better... esspecialy since it uses bones better ) though the mapping format for Dungons is simple ( except i like the animating and laying of the textures :D )

Basically, what im trying to say is, you may want to instead work on making a new engine rather than trying to combine 2 sources... also, you may want to try to do somthing else than halo on psp.... as of Microsoft gets quite mad at doing that kind of stuff... id say try to be original with your games... ive learned that its better to be the first than a poser.

Anyway, thats my input on this...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Gizmo356
April 27th, 2007, 01:36
I had a massive idea you know some of the best home brew were Dungeons 3d and iris right. so why don't we take the first person of Dungeons 3d with the "free environment" of iris We could make so many different mods..... "Palo" psp Halo Or something neat just think about it wouldnt it be just be like taking snippets of cod and joining them....... well it was just a thought...

Thats an awesome idea:thumbup:

fatcat04912
April 27th, 2007, 01:54
so you tried iris in first person because how else wold you know it looks like jello and im not referring to just making a halo clone im talking about generic So any body could make mods

Gizmo356
April 27th, 2007, 02:27
so you tried iris in first person because how else wold you know it looks like jello and im not referring to just making a halo clone im talking about generic So any body could make mods

I actually like the models for iris they are awesome and I don't see there resemblance to jello lmao.

fatcat04912
April 27th, 2007, 03:28
i Just set up my sdk environment im still a lost noob .... drat im going to need alot of major help to finish this project..........

BlackShark
April 27th, 2007, 05:47
Im sorry but, you are not going to finish this project. there is no way some one completely new to programming will be able to even start something like this, Start with a simple 2d game first. Its worth it, Trust me. Dungeons 3d and Iris were created by experienced programmers, and, unlike them, thats somethime you and me lack :S

dark heart
April 27th, 2007, 07:53
nah! something like this (with more) is coming out later.

fatcat04912
April 27th, 2007, 11:50
well tink about it why would i name it Ayttention all coders enless i needed alot of help i know i cant do this Mainly because im a noob but withthe help of semi porfessional coders.............

Gizmo356
April 27th, 2007, 14:26
I hope you can get some help.

gpeters
April 28th, 2007, 03:35
I hope you can get some help.

LOL!

PSPdemon
April 28th, 2007, 04:18

no.... just that if you look closely ( or if you get it to a wall in a certain angle ) it'll show it in FP mode... but in some cases, you dont even need to do that to see that the models move like jello....

also, i was refering to people trying to do mods as well, as of lots of people seem to be interested in making mods off of halo, but i see more and more people putting in ripped models than fanmade ones... thats what makes microsoft mad....

Im sorry but, you are not going to finish this project. there is no way some one completely new to programming will be able to even start something like this, Start with a simple 2d game first. Its worth it, Trust me. Dungeons 3d and Iris were created by experienced programmers, and, unlike them, thats somethime you and me lack :S

im also agreeing with this one... as of you really should get your mind set on starting 2D games...

Also, with the request part of coders, most coders wont help because they are working on their own projects....

Please, dont think im trying to down you on this, and i think its a nice idea, but really you need to start small....

Anyway...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

max_hempfling
April 28th, 2007, 04:33
pspdemon was of course reffering to me, when he said "but i see more and more people putting in ripped models than fanmade ones" XD..... anyway, since the elites skin is still screwed up, im reskinning it to see if it works. any1 know how to make the skin metallic? even if it works, itll look like crap if its not all mettaly :P

max_hempfling
April 28th, 2007, 04:40
and does it still count as original if i changed it a bit? i chnaged his arms to remove the spikes XD... and who are u to talk mr i-stole-master chief-and assault rifle-from-counter-strike???????????

max_hempfling
April 28th, 2007, 06:18
well guys, sorry bout the 3 posts in a row, im just here to say TAHT IVE DONE IT AT LAST!!!!! i figured out the bug in the elites ski, and with a lil tweakin itl be ready to use in a day

PSPdemon
April 29th, 2007, 01:28
and does it still count as original if i changed it a bit? i chnaged his arms to remove the spikes XD... and who are u to talk mr i-stole-master chief-and assault rifle-from-counter-strike???????????

A.) they were fan made

B.) i gave proper credit to the guy who made the fanmade models

C.) yes, it does still count, as you are still using the ripped models

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

P.S.

Please dont double and triple post..... there is a edit button for that

max_hempfling
April 29th, 2007, 04:29
stop bein such a poo. i made a nice skin for elite. need to make it look metally tho

rbervoets
May 2nd, 2007, 16:00
that would take a while to do