PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion PSP goes AWOL

wraggster
April 27th, 2007, 16:13
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162896)

The PS3 version of Oblivion launches across Europe today, but what ever happened to the lonely old PSP version that was unveiled last year?

Just over a year ago we reported rumours of a PS3 and PSP version of Bethesda's hit action-RPG series. Last September saw the PSP version announced to the world alongside official confirmation of the PS3 version.

Since then we've been patiently waiting for any info on the handheld version, in development at Climax. We called publisher Ubisoft yesterday to see if there's any update on the game, and just to check that it's still in development. We were met with a "no comment" from a Ubi spokesperson.

Make of that what you will, but it looks like the game's been put quietly on hold to us. We'll continue to chase a real update, but file the PSP version under missing in action for the moment.

xela
April 27th, 2007, 16:38
is that even posible those graphics on a psp? or are they going to super 5#!7 the graphics up.

Shadowblind
April 27th, 2007, 16:44
No, they were dimming the graphics a bunch. They also made no outside levels... :(

jupchinbom
April 27th, 2007, 16:48
I hate dungeon crawlers.Oblivion without its stunning outdoor environment is shit IMHO.

SnesR0X
April 27th, 2007, 17:42
The same was thought about Silent Hill, but now it's back. So, it's possible either way...

Galiano
April 27th, 2007, 17:58
the main thing people seem to be missing is that the ps3 version is basically a port of existing software. and the psp one will have to be built from scratch so its obviously gonna take longer

Basil Zero
April 27th, 2007, 18:37
I hope it comes out, at least i'll be able to play it lol

Solidsnake3000
April 27th, 2007, 21:00
well iam still going to get it but i hope it comes out with good graphics because to me psp graphics is kinda bad but i still like it

mfz64
April 28th, 2007, 01:04
hope this is as good or even better than the one on Xbox

emuking
April 28th, 2007, 15:53
it will never be better than the one on xbox, i think this game on psp is now canned

Buddy4point0
April 29th, 2007, 13:28
well i would like to get this on psp

Narcotize
April 30th, 2007, 14:09
I hate dungeon crawlers.Oblivion without its stunning outdoor environment is shit IMHO.

I agree with this. The thing that makes a TES game is the ability to roam and wander to your hearts content.

Here's hoping to a change of heart, its not like the PSP can't have a massive streaming environment if you take Test Drive for an example.