PDA

View Full Version : PSP-290 Hopefull Updates

destructdez1
April 27th, 2007, 17:59
After reading all the posts that i could find, i have found that the PSP-290 doesnt have the hype I would like it to have. And so i have come up with some "Hopefull Updates".

#1. Sound! I wish it had turn by turn voice directions.
I know the bottom USB jack GPS's dont support this but does the 290?

#2. I would like to click on the map and tell it to "Direct me to this location" (aswell with adress lookup). I know this migh cause some problems but so did homebrew emulation. I sure theres a way.

#3. POI Search. It would be great to be able to look up a POI by specific search and also by list ("Search POI"->"Find on list"->"Press start to open an menue for POI"->"Show on map" or "direct to location"). It would'nt hurt is you could be directed to the location either :thumbup: .

For now thats all I can think of for improving my PSP-290's functionality. Feel free to post other "Hopefull updates".

deniska
April 27th, 2007, 19:16
Basic sound support is coming in the next version
I already explained problems with route calculation..
POI search is already there (search by name) for quite some time...

kaffie
April 27th, 2007, 19:27
#1. Sound! I wish it had turn by turn voice directions.
I know the bottom USB jack GPS's dont support this but does the 290?[/QUOTE]

heh, I came here just now to start a thread on possible sound support - nice timing.

My idea to implement would be using Square as left, Circle as right etc. to place a marker on the map and then trigger a corresponding sample when in a certain range of that marker.

Nice to hear that sound is in the pipeline. Now to go get me a car mount - the arkon one with psp charger anygood?

destructdez1
April 27th, 2007, 20:04
Basic sound support is coming in the next version
I already explained problems with route calculation..
POI search is already there (search by name) for quite some time...
Sorry. I didnt know that was in there :D

kaffie: I dont know much about car mounts but I've also seen a basic car mount by Cobra that seems to be working out preaty well.
I actualy made my own window hung mount out of a clothes hanger:thumbup: :See pics below:

Pics in .rar 4.14 MB (http://files.asystol.net/psp/psp_car_holder.rar)

kaffie
April 27th, 2007, 21:52
destructdez1: nice job!

I'll have a go at that tomoz.
I still think i'll go for a mount (I like my toys) next weeek but that will sure beat my carpet tape mount I have set up at the moment.