PDA

View Full Version : DSOrganize 2.7 Released

TeenDev
April 27th, 2007, 22:38
Here's the info from his blog:

Hey folks. Just popping in to let you know that DSOrganize 2.7 and the source for 2.7 have been released. I gave up waiting for you guys to find the easter egg because noone bothered to try hard enough. Version 2.7 includes a web browser with forms support. As always, get it on http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize.

To access the easter egg: Make sure you have a proper install, because resource0.bin is required. Edit your sound.dat file so that the only character is a questionmark (?), and then save it. Start DSOrganize up, go to the main screen, and press start (normally pulls up the about screen). I decided to give up waiting for you guys to find it because you were taking so long that its becoming irrelevant.

To compile the source: I don't know why the hell you would need to do this. DSOrganize already includes DLDI support and you know my stance on modifications. If you absolutely must compile it, you need all four libraries off of my site, as well as DKA r17. DO NOT INCLUDE DSORGANIZE IN YOUR FLASHCARD COMMERCIALLY WITHOUT PERMISSION. Basically, do not make me regret putting this out.

For those who had alpha 3, this is what changed on the browser:

- Added link color changing when you click or if it's visited.
- Added very simple utf-8 support for some sites (no extended codepages).
- Added anchors.
- Made links more sensitive to clicking.
- Added forms support.
- Fixed & problem in some URLs.
- Fixed non breaking spaces ( ,  ) showing up as '?'.
- Fixed bullets and dashes on wikipedia for all fonts.
- Fixed html rendering for sites with bad tables.

Just a reminder...What works:
- Normal HTML rendering
- Clicking links
- Server redirects
- Forward/Back history
- Basic caching
- Forms

What doesn't:
- Cookies
- Images
- Meta Tags
- Javascript and CSS

DanTheManMS
April 27th, 2007, 22:49
Just tried it on my card and all seems well. I'm liking the updated browser features, especially the ability to determine whether I've actually clicked on a link or not. Forms is another huge plus. Hopefully images will come in a future update.

nannys_hedgehog
April 27th, 2007, 23:21
Sounds nice, thanks Dragonminded.
But it freezes on R4 when I try to lunch the Browser (not the webbrowser).

DanTheManMS
April 28th, 2007, 00:01
That happened to me, and it turns out that I forgot to patch it with DLDI, a silly error on my part. Make sure you patch it correctly and try again.

assclown1
April 28th, 2007, 02:26
Does the web browsing work for M3DS Simply? Because it's not working on mine. I already patched the file using DLDI. I'm using a SanDisk 2GB microSD.

saicrazyfire
April 28th, 2007, 06:26
dsorganize works well with supercard lite rumble except the webbrowser part. i dont mind much because dsorganize works better and can run homebrew that the supercard cant normally run. the microsd card gets corrupted whenever you finish with the webbrowser and whenever you finish downloading something from the hombrew database

nannys_hedgehog
April 28th, 2007, 06:42
That happened to me, and it turns out that I forgot to patch it with DLDI, a silly error on my part. Make sure you patch it correctly and try again.
If tried running both (dsorganize.nds and dsorganize_patched.nds). When I use the unpatched version I'll get an error during start. I checked the filesystem with chkdsk /f. Still the filemanager is not working.:confused:

Edit: Now it is working. Chkdsk didn't show any more errors but I couldn't believe it and so reformated the card. Now everything works fine for me. Thanks Dragonminded!

Nold
April 28th, 2007, 07:21
Hi,

this update just rocks!
The speedup is great it boots so much faster now but the best is the Internet-Radio Funktion! Now I can listen to my favorit radio station everywere in my house *~* but keep working on it it's a little bit to slow for the most inet radio stations but you will fix it i know it!

12/10 Points!

Just a TOP homebrew programm

Bye Nold

DragonMinded
April 28th, 2007, 07:22
dsorganize works well with supercard lite rumble except the webbrowser part. i dont mind much because dsorganize works better and can run homebrew that the supercard cant normally run. the microsd card gets corrupted whenever you finish with the webbrowser and whenever you finish downloading something from the hombrew database

You can thank your friendly devs at the supercard headquarters for their fantastic drivers! If it weren't for them you wouldn't be able to experience corruption firsthand!

Echo1
April 28th, 2007, 13:35
You've added M4A! (was it on the previous release?) Anyways, that's great.:D

Junixx
April 28th, 2007, 18:27
Time to pull our my GBAMP again....dont want to corrupt my SD card on my supercard >.<

TeenDev
April 28th, 2007, 19:55
btw, custom HBDB are broken so you will have to update your srvers with the newest software avalible on the DSO Wiki

adamned
April 29th, 2007, 02:13
awesome, works on max media dock, im very happy/impressed.

TeenDev
April 29th, 2007, 17:15
its work on MMD since 2.4

saicrazyfire
April 30th, 2007, 02:10
lol thanks alot DragonMinded. corrupted cards isnt that bad if you have backups.

sunnywala
April 30th, 2007, 02:26
wow, i think this is my first post...anyways
love the update, just wondering how the streaming radio works..where do i go?

LRicke
May 13th, 2008, 21:22
I can't get the Web browser to work on my M3 Real. I've tried a few things, but nothing seems to work... All I get when I try to access a web page is "a" "b" "c" etc. with a few of the DS's keys thrown in. Is this an easy? Am I just doing something stupid? I've got the newest release...?

DanTheManMS
May 15th, 2008, 03:25
"I've got the newest release" - that's why. 3.2 is buggy since he rushed it out before quitting with DSOrganize. Use the previous "birthday" release instead.