PDA

View Full Version : How would you change the PlayStation 3?

wraggster
April 27th, 2007, 23:02
via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/27/how-would-you-change-the-playstation-3/)

Remember how would you change? It's the feature where we ask you, the oh-so-demanding reader, how you would change a particular gadget, service, device, etc. Well, how would you change has been on vacation a while, but it's finally friggin back, and since everybody's got video games on the mind this week (and because our last how would you change was for, you guessed it, the original Xbox 360), we're happy to ask: how would you change the PlayStation 3? As usual, we'll get you started with a few of the more obvious changes we'd go with. Personally, we'd really like the PS3:

Gain rumble
Lose a few bucks off the pricetag.
Tie down some additional codecs, and perhaps a decent home media streaming system.
Ready, steady, go!

Ci5tm Konfliqt
April 27th, 2007, 23:05
I'd give it some kind of customisable face place that doesn't look tacky, make it more resilient against scratches, BRING BACK THE RUMBLE, make motion sensing up to WII standard.

o and I'd forward the release dates of GTA, MGS and Mercenaries 2. if that counts.

ICE
April 27th, 2007, 23:13
um make it do less crap that my pc can do so that it wouldnt be so freaking expensive.

10shu
April 27th, 2007, 23:30
I would remove the expenssive Blueray drive and remplace it by something actuelly usefull to make games. Like an extra 512mo of video memory...

hexmex357
April 27th, 2007, 23:36
Rumble is #1 right know for me!!! MLB 2k7 sucks with out rumble. Better online I know HOME is coming, but September is so far away. Also a way to customize the XMB to your liking. As far as better games they are on the way!!!

Demibeard
April 27th, 2007, 23:59
There are a number of things, in no particular order...
1, Make connect.com work with the PS3, oh and firefox, I really think Sony are missing a trick.
2, Get rid of the green mode for DVD/Blue Ray movies on RGB output, not everyone has a HD telly, I'm saving up, I've just bought a £425 consol!!
3, Let the Linux users/Devs have access to the RSX. PS3 running a Beryl enabled desktop, yummy.
4, Maybe music videos on the store?

lmtlmt
April 28th, 2007, 08:13
they are already adding rumble so really i dunno yer make it not scratch so easy

mnuhaily22
April 28th, 2007, 09:32
Well, I really don't care about the scratching thing, because really it's just gonna be sitting there for like 5-10 years, I would like to have rumble back. I would also like to have a decent WWE game come out, dunno if there is, but I'll buy in when it comes out and when I buy a PS3 in the summer hopefully...
I would also like it to have a better browser, not that it sucks, but Firefox is a much better browser.
I would also like to make games a little more like Wii, it has sixaxis, so what the F*ck are they waiting for.
Also, this is wishful thinking, but I would love to have homebrew up and running on the PS3.

PLZKLLME0080
April 28th, 2007, 16:58
make it cheaper. :)

Gold Line
April 28th, 2007, 16:59
make it cheaper. :)

much cheaper :)

PLZKLLME0080
April 28th, 2007, 17:02
much cheaper :)

more than that. :D

mike03$$$
April 28th, 2007, 18:27
i have a ps3 they just need a better web browser and allow us to play music in our games

mastersho
April 28th, 2007, 19:47
I'd change the price....600 bucks is way too much!

lmtlmt
April 29th, 2007, 03:18
its $999 here so i dont know how you can complain about the price.

knight of video game
April 30th, 2007, 20:48
i would make it cheaper

Triv1um
April 30th, 2007, 20:53
For god sake, the prices ain't expensive to say what it is.

Accordion
April 30th, 2007, 21:26
For god sake, the prices ain't expensive to say what it is.

very true

its stupid to repeat 'lower price' when sony already lose a large amount of money on each console sold. its simply no feasible, and if your living in NA then you dont understand what expensive is.

though i do wonder how much of the price is profit for the stores...