PDA

View Full Version : RCO Edit 1.14 Now with more Customization!!

DarthPaul
April 28th, 2007, 00:47
I was looking for news around the web,and I found over a french site that Z33 and jas0nuk released the new RCO Edit. They found out that the 3.40 has font customization,it looks like the font color can now be changed,and even the visualizer!

Note: Please be careful. This was only test on firmware 3.40 OE. It could be dangerous on firmwares below 3.40 OE,so don't be dumb.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

steve520
April 28th, 2007, 01:10
thanks for the heads up

snuffster
April 28th, 2007, 01:44
the visualizer...sweeet!
ive been waitin for this

Sousanator
April 28th, 2007, 01:57
it would be helpful if you posted the source, even if it was a french site

Anger
April 28th, 2007, 01:57
i would just like to point out the program was actually made by ZiNgA BuRgA. z33 and jas0nuk helped with the decompression of the 3.40 rco's, and maybe even helped with this program but they did not create it.
it is a really good program and i think one of only 2 that can edit rco's.

DarthPaul
April 28th, 2007, 02:17
i would just like to point out the program was actually made by ZiNgA BuRgA. z33 and jas0nuk helped with the decompression of the 3.40 rco's, and maybe even helped with this program but they did not create it.
it is a really good program and i think one of only 2 that can edit rco's.

Yup. Thanks for clearing them that. I forgot to add it. jas0nuk and z33 made the new RCO's thing,and ZiNgA BuRgA added that to the new Editor. They found it that the visualizer was customizable and found that the 3.40's RCO are a bit different. And I read something that custom gameboots would not affect the PS1 Emulator anymore.

mfz64
April 28th, 2007, 02:44
awesome dude....the visualizer!?!? That's crazy!

Mr. Shizzy
April 28th, 2007, 03:01
Yup. Thanks for clearing them that. I forgot to add it. jas0nuk and z33 made the new RCO's thing,and ZiNgA BuRgA added that to the new Editor. They found it that the visualizer was customizable and found that the 3.40's RCO are a bit different. And I read something that custom gameboots would not affect the PS1 Emulator anymore.

Actually, ZiNgA BuRgA compiled the latest 3.40 topmenu, as well as making this and ALL versions of RCO Edit. jas0nuk and z33 helped him figure out alot of stuff though...

Here is ZinGa's official release thread:

http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=167

comicgeek
April 28th, 2007, 05:47
where can we get the decrepted RCO for 3.40?

tophead420
April 28th, 2007, 07:38
I'v known how to change my font color for a few days had to hex edit it lol. Just changed my visualizer today with rco edit 1.13b. But I'll try this

F9zDark
April 28th, 2007, 07:51
So where can I find a decrypted 3.40 topmenu??

F9zDark
April 28th, 2007, 08:07
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yro5xo

This will take your 3.03 topmenu_plugin.rco and convert it into the 3.40 format, keeping all the icons in tact. Works great as I just did it with mine.

Question: is there any way to change the icons for the music? Like that big square next to the folder names?

Anger
April 28th, 2007, 11:22
the problem with converting a 3.03 topmenu is that sometimes it can cause a crash. when i converted my own topmenu from 3.03 it had the strangest crash in that it would not even boot if the region code was set to japanese (or default as it is a japanese import). but with the decompressed topmenus we now can have a 100% stable topmenu with all our old icons. yes it takes a little bit of work but it only needs done once.

also i forgot that zinga was the first one to make a 3.10 3.30 3.40 compatible topmenu tho his was a little unstable as mentioned however it was still a major breakthrough. they all deserve the credit as each has done a lot of work, without them we wouldnt have custom icons, we wouldnt have a way to dump psars, hell we wouldnt even be able to decrypt prx's.

i hope sony doesnt release a new update any time soon as im now happy with what we have right now - it would probably mean that we would have to start again with all this customising if they did. it would be better if sony bit the bullet and actually let us fully customise our psp's but we all know that aint gonna happen.

Buddy4point0
April 28th, 2007, 13:15
the visuallzer!
and the font color!
i prefer the defult font, but the font color is awsome!!!!!
thanks man!

Solidsnake3000
April 28th, 2007, 17:08
well if i up grade i might get this

well this is for psp users only any way i made this because i was boared enjoy this give me rep if u
want and tell me if i did a good job or not

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

dragonballz223
April 28th, 2007, 22:00
What's different from the customized top_menu.rco in 3.03 oe-c and the one in 3.40 oe-a. (ex. what files need to be taken out, edited, or added.) I'm asking this because I want the ultimate naruto xmb theme 2.0's top_menu.rco on my 3.40 oe-a. (Currently Gears of War)

F9zDark
April 28th, 2007, 23:31
So how do we:

-Change font color

-Change the visualizers