PDA

View Full Version : Completly Lost

Qman46
April 28th, 2007, 07:21
Alright, I've had a PSP for awhile now and it's really just sat there because I never really have time to play it. I was surfing and this whole project caught my eye, and I want to set it up on my psp. I didn't buy a GPS Unit yet, I was planning on getting the sony one if I actually get one. I currently have the 3.40 firmware on my psp, I updated it a few days ago. Iv been googling alot and I can't find how to downgrade from 3.40 to 3.03 B from Dark Alex or whatever. Can someone set me in the right direction about how to do it? Anything else I should be aware of that's different about the sony gps unit, please tell me. I've read both FAQ's through, and they kind of confused me more. I'm totally lost when it comes to the PSP Firmware or anything about it basically. Thanks for your help.

Qman46
April 28th, 2007, 07:33
Ugh, from what I read, apperently theres no way to downgrade from 3.40 at the moment? So I guess I just have to wait?

scorpious68
April 28th, 2007, 09:26
Ugh, from what I read, apperently theres no way to downgrade from 3.40 at the moment? So I guess I just have to wait?

Currently there is no downgrader available for 3.40,
and more than likely there won't be one for quit some time, unfortunately.

Mobz87
April 28th, 2007, 09:33

Sry to say it, but I think you have to wait a long time :( because they need to make downgraders for: 3.11 , 3.30 before they can make one for 3.40 :(

Qman46
April 28th, 2007, 14:46
How long does it usually take for a downgrader to come out? I'm afraid that by the time it comes out, I'll have lost interest or forgotten about this. Downgrader makers, WORK FAST!

destructdez1
April 28th, 2007, 15:29
From what I've seen, it usualy takes 3 firmware releases for 1 downgrader to be released. :(

On the other have. I am using map this on both a 3.40oe-a and 3.03oe-a. Ill take pic to prove it if you want. I can also give you my 'actual' fodlers if you want (but not the maps).

SSaxdude
April 28th, 2007, 16:36
Your best chance is to modchip your PSP.

Qman46
April 28th, 2007, 18:19
From what I've seen, it usualy takes 3 firmware releases for 1 downgrader to be released. :(

On the other have. I am using map this on both a 3.40oe-a and 3.03oe-a. Ill take pic to prove it if you want. I can also give you my 'actual' fodlers if you want (but not the maps).

I dont really know what that means, but does that mean theres some way for me to get this to work with 3.40?

Qman46
April 28th, 2007, 18:27
I got a friend who has one that he hasnt updated in awhile. His got firmware version 2.7, is that downgradeable

destructdez1
April 28th, 2007, 19:04
Well, do you have a 3.40 firmware by Dark alex or is it bysony?

Qman46
April 28th, 2007, 19:38
Sony, I got my friends PSP, we swapped. How do I downgrade the 2.7 firmware? I'm not sure if he's got the sony version. On the memory card is "Loco Roco" and it plays off the card. That makes me think its not sony firmware?

outsider
April 28th, 2007, 20:25
on the psp go to system settings>system information

and tell me what teh system version is (EXACTLY, including letters if any), then ill tell u waht to do

Qman46
April 28th, 2007, 21:00
System Software Version 2.70

Ive been doing alot of reading, and it looks like theres a 2.71 downdater. I have to first update to 2.71 which I was about to do just now. After that, I need to user the downdater to go to 1.5. right? Then back up to 3.03 b or whatever?

Qman46
April 28th, 2007, 22:24
Ok I updated to 2.71, then I put the DOWNDATER in the root (I think?). Also put the downgrader in the root, but whenever I go to to Photos, the psp just freezes for 15 seconds then turns itself off.

Qman46
April 28th, 2007, 23:57
Alright, I've got 1.5 installed. now I have no idea what to do. I tried installing the map stuff, and it says game could not start every time I try and launch it.

destructdez1
April 29th, 2007, 02:22
Alright, I've got 1.5 installed. now I have no idea what to do. I tried installing the map stuff, and it says game could not start every time I try and launch it.

You need to upgrade to Dark Alex's 3.03oe-a. then just install mapthis to 303 folder (assuming you will run 'game' folder with 1.5 kernal) then just add your maps and run it.

ill help you out as much as i can, PM me if you want.

Qman46
April 29th, 2007, 08:38
Alright I ordered the PSP Gps adapter thing from ebay, hopefully will get here within the week. I got the Mapthis installed and it opens up, I created a map and can view it fine. It seems to be working without any error so far. We'll see if the same continues to be true once I try it with the GPS adapter. Was I supposed to install the green proggie? I didnt do that, All I did was put those 2 files that the faq said I needed if I was going to use the 290 into the root.