PDA

View Full Version : Sega Phoenix Rumors

rmedtx
May 20th, 2005, 21:15
Hey guys,
I found this while surfing the net. I don't know if this is something you have heard about. The picture they have of the console looks fake to me.
Here is a link to the picture they are showing:
Link (http://img269.echo.cx/img269/9387/segaphoenix8cf.jpg)
Here is a link to the forum:
I found the info in this site:
Site (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/)
I was trying to get the direct link to the forum where I found it but I couldn't. :confused:

FrierTuck
May 21st, 2005, 17:34
looks like a fakey cgi image made for suckers, it would be nice though

ptr.exe
May 23rd, 2005, 15:45
obvious fake, even if the picture looked half decent Sega would never risk making another console. Does anyone else see the resemblance between this and the Xbox 360?

btw, the game your working on in your sig looks pretty cool.

Mental2k
May 24th, 2005, 14:52
Jus look at the size of the USB ports on that thing. Course its fake. I reckon sega will make a new console in the fullness of time. This mainly due to Yuji Naka saing it in a magazine once other than my own speculation.

Darksaviour69
May 24th, 2005, 15:20
what mag and when did Yuji Naka say that?

ptr.exe
May 24th, 2005, 17:01
I reckon sega will make a new console in the fullness of time

I can't see that happening there comfortable now in a purely games market, i can't see them risking releasing a console for at least a couple generations. Their main problem is that the home-console market is already packed, maybe once someone drops out they may try again, but this won't be any time soon.

Is there a link to the interview? sounds interesting.

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2005, 17:28
obvious fake, even if the picture looked half decent Sega would never risk making another console.

Thats what they said after saturn. I think they MIGHT decide to create another console, but not for a while, as they are making a killing on software, both money and reputation wise.

WHurricane16
May 25th, 2005, 10:44
Just as I said before, the market is flooded with consoles. Sega would be a fool to make another console unless it start making kick ass arcade games again. Since the arcade gaming market is becoming increasingly ancient, Sega wouldn't have anything to stand on. Sega will never make another console again unless Sammy wants it so. They have the money, but i guess it can be in the future if console gaming evolves into a platform Sega can make such a return.

MasterChafed
July 28th, 2005, 19:12
www.hardwareanalysis.com:

SEGA's REAL REVOLUTION!
Hi Again!

I see that this page has attracted plenty of attention, and my colleagues and I at Sonic Team are thrilled to hear that so many of you are eager for information on our future plans.

It has been a tough couple of years for Sega Fans - and for all of us who care about Sega. But please trust that we are working hard to create a new experience for you and the entire gaming public. It has been a difficult journey, but as I mentioned in my previous message on this page, we are getting very close to a major announcement to the world at large. Through venues like this one, however, I hope to reach you - the faithful Sega fans - for your thoughts and feedback.

In the coming months, my colleages and I will be releasing information on our plans through forums such as this one. As we do so, please continue to read and respond with your suggestions, because as we have learned time and time again, we can't achieve success without our fans!

As for now, let me assure you that the Sega Phoenix will be an experience beyond anything you've yet experienced.

Infact, this will not be a games console at all, in the traditional sense. We are going to pioneer an entirely new concept in video games that will revolutionize the entire industry.

This is out of necessity - as we realized that we will not be able to re-emerge as the number one console maker through conventional means. The trend of other manufacturers, such as Sony, Microsoft and even Nintendo, has been to try to achieve the "Next Generation" by taking the conventional approach of the console and adding more graphics performance, and, more troublingly, multimedia capabilities that do nothing to improve gameplay. This will not be Sega's approach. On the contrary, The Sega Phoenix will create an entirely new paradigm for videogames that will remind everyone why we love videogames in the first place.

We are tremendously excited about the Sega Phoenix and look forward to your continued support! - by Nathan L
this post was made on the 18th of July 2005.

So do you think it could be real after all?

MasterChafed
July 28th, 2005, 19:19
addition to above post.
www.geek.com :

(7:33pm EST Tue Jul 26 2005)
i have been informed that the sega phoenix is red and silver with a way of playing all sega games excluding handheld
but it has a amd athlon5000xp proccesor and runs like a pc it will have a microsoft fel to it and it will be a success 'cause now there is more game developers and the release is next october 2006 - by calleo

Soundws more like a gaming computer to me. If this is real I will prolly pick it up. :)

quzar
July 28th, 2005, 23:03
that is most certainly complete BS. Athlon 5000xp? wtf is that supposed to be. And why wouldn't it emulate GG games when they can be almost exactly played on SMS hardware? Just doesnt add up.

MasterChafed
July 29th, 2005, 02:38
listen i didnt make the posts just found them anyway the highest athlon goes to is Athlon XP isn't it? I have never even heard of a 5000xp. there is an Athlon 64 3600. Well anyway sorry to make you so mad, i was just trying to find some info if it were to truly come out.

djeff95
June 19th, 2006, 05:55
i heard sega is coming has made a new vitrual reality system but its only in use by the military for training because it is very dangerous

dc.hack
June 19th, 2006, 07:36
Too dangerous, eh?

"But mommy, please!!!!"

"NO! You know what happened to your dick last time!"

The image is crap. However, if this is real, heck yah I'm getting it.

ACID
June 19th, 2006, 09:05
It will be nice to see sega back in the consil bis again. Before they didnt have the games to keep track with the NES and NEC counsils of that era. And for the home counsil there reale is only one PS2 the xbox has never had a big library of games and the 360 is even worse so that doesnt look like a crouded market . it will be nice to have all thoes sega arcade games in 3d.

yoshiherder
June 25th, 2006, 21:27
could be a really quick concept drawing did on the computer fast. but it definately looks pretty fake. BUT then again who would care to make a fake story about a new sega system.............hmmmmmmmmmm..........

Gizmo356
June 25th, 2006, 21:59
fake............or is it

gunntims0103
June 25th, 2006, 22:05
this is definitly FAKE if it were real this would have made it in at leased one gaming mag.........look at how long ago this thread was posted not to mention how old the pic is for somthing that would draw alot of attention you would think sega would be telling and showing off the project this is oviously FAKE

The Hombrew Hunter
June 26th, 2006, 04:45
BUT then again who would care to make a fake story about a new sega system

I'll tell you. A son of a b*tch...Who would like to mess with old sega fans.

If only kick ass things like these existed... Damn microsoft to hell.