PDA

View Full Version : New on the forum + few questions :)

AmatsuHikari
April 29th, 2007, 11:33
hey there, I've been reading the forum for a while but I couldn't find the answer of my questions so I have decided to subscribe ( btw moderators, the no-spam question was a pain in the arse...)

I don't understand the oe-a and oe-b things are, but i've got a 3.40firmware psp, and I was wondering if I need 3.40 to install the 3.40oe-a, 3.10 to install the 3.10.

but from what I've read, I can't install 3.10 if I have 2.10 ( for exemple ) that can "brick? " my psp?

anyway, thanks and have a good day

eatnooM
April 29th, 2007, 11:52
I'm afraid that in order to run a custom firmware installer, you need a PSP with either 1.50 firmware or another SE/OE custom firmware.

As of yet, there's no way to get a 3.40 PSP to 1.5 short of splashing out on and managing to install a modchip or trading with a friend/returning and buying another one in the hope that it has 3.03 firmware as most (Highest downgradable firmware).

Soo unfortunately you're homebrewless for now. There may never be a 3.40 downgrader, however it's even less likely that you'll be able to downgrade your PSP if you update any further. It's your choice what you want to do about the situation, I hope I've been of some help. :)

Triv1um
April 29th, 2007, 13:44
Like eatnooM said...

You need to already have a homebrew compatable firmware.

And by the way, welcome to the forums ;)

AmatsuHikari
April 30th, 2007, 08:04
thanks !

that really answers my question, I don't know if emulators count like a homebrew, but all I want for now is the snes emulator.

and what does SE/Oe mean ?

thanks

grantlionheart
April 30th, 2007, 15:38
its just different versions of the same firmware
like say 3.40oe might be changed in the future just slightly to incorporate a different emulator and be called 3.40oeb or somthing (atleast thats what i think it is)

BurningRage
April 30th, 2007, 17:02
SE stands for special additíon i think and OE for open edition. these firmwares can do everything the appropiate sony-firmware can do plus play homebrew and emulators.

AmatsuHikari
May 1st, 2007, 18:38
ah sweet, then i'll just wait for the updates of the 3.40...

darn, and I have updated just before I subscribed