PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] Claxor v0.1

Freshmilk
April 29th, 2007, 21:30
It's now been about a month since I've released anything, and it seems as if TTR is getting a little old now, even for me. So, I decided to look back through some of my unfinished projects, when I came across this one, that I scrapped because I simply couldn't be bothered to finish it, it was too complex. 2 Hours later, here we are, a whole new game. Claxor was one of my first ideas for a game that I ever had when starting LUA. Give or take a few months, and here we are.

Claxor is quite a simple game, you basically need to draw lines and bounce a ball off them to get the ball into the red box, using only straight lines, and with a limited number of them. Since this is a BETA, its still a little buggy, but nontheless quite enjoyable.

Just a few screenshots...

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4894/screen1fy1.png

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/Freshmilk_07/Loading.png

The game's GFX don't look like much now, once again having to be done in MS paint, so don't even bother commenting on them. They will be much improved for the next version, when I have someone to work on them for me.

The game's controls areactually quite complex for the minute, as what with being quite glitchy, I've had to incorperate a lot of choice to still make it enjoyable.

The controls are as follows:

X - Start/Stop drawing line
R - Next level/Re-randomize level
L - Previous Level
Select - Change View

^ This is just a cool trick I figured out how to do whilst playing around with the game's collision. There are 3 viewpoints, Normal lines only, Construction lines only, and both. The construction lines basically show where the ball will collide, but what with them refreshing every milisecond or less, the tend to move around the screen to hit the ball, and it looks quite cool. I've left them in just for you to see, although drawing whilst only viewing construction lines is not recommeded. :D

Some known glitches to be fixed include that the ball passes straight through straight lines, horizontal or vertical, and that the ball can't tell if a line tries to deflect it downwards. Also, a few more levels would be good to. Expect to see all this in the version, which should be out sometime soon.

Well, with all that said, have fun.
Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3yaept or get from the attachment

Buddy4point0
April 29th, 2007, 21:40
looks nice, downloading now

IM back!
April 29th, 2007, 22:17
cool, very original

Man
April 30th, 2007, 10:22
I LOVE THIS GAME, is it a port of the flash game, or one that you have made your self, i cant wait of this game to be done, its soooo addicting

Zion
April 30th, 2007, 14:17
I love the way you coded this man :) its a great piece of coding to achive a game like this :D

Great work :)

quzar
April 30th, 2007, 14:25
FreshMilk: Your sig is WAY too big. Please modify it.

Zion
April 30th, 2007, 14:27
who me? or "Man" ?

Edit : Thanks for clearing it up Quzar ;)

Freshmilk
April 30th, 2007, 15:58
Fixed up my sig, sorry about having it too big. How's the new one?

quzar
April 30th, 2007, 16:11
The size limit is 500x120 pixels and 75kb (total, not per-image). Sorry for raining on your parade, if it's any consolation, the game name and image is what caught my eye, looks good (no psp here though =P).

Freshmilk
April 30th, 2007, 22:11
Well, thanks for the complements for the game, but I'd also like some criticism - What could be made better in the game...? What do you dislike? (Excluding GFX and some glitches - there covered)

Buddy4point0
May 1st, 2007, 01:36
changes? the ball should always roll of, never make it melt threw like u did

Zion
May 1st, 2007, 09:51
changes? the ball should always roll of, never make it melt threw like u did

He said its a bug ;) its not supposed to do that, he says hes working on fixing it though ;)

@ Freshmilk :

With better gfx and maybe some cool sound effects. this could be a very addictive puzzle game :D

also analog support is a must man, hit me up on msn if you want to know how to implement it ;)

Freshmilk
May 1st, 2007, 11:59
Lol, sorry, i forgot about analog - I do know how to implement it. Having a broken analog stick myself, I tend not to put it in whilst making the games... I'll add it as an optional feature. Anything else?

Zion
May 1st, 2007, 13:17
Thicker and more fancy lines perhaps? :p

hatebreeder
May 3rd, 2007, 01:52
you could put in a limit on how many lines you can use to make it more of a challenge