PDA

View Full Version : Downgrade 3.03 PSP Without GTA LCS 2.00???

Nindi
April 29th, 2007, 22:08
Hi. I just recently purchased a used PSP and it came with the 3.03 firmware on it. It has been impossible for me to get my hands on a GTA LCS with the 2.00 update on it. I'm just wondering if someone is probably working on a way to downgrade without the GTA at all or using the GTA with the 2.60 update on it, which I accidentaly bought. I ask this because if not I'll have to end up buying another one on Ebay with the 2.00 update on it, and people are charging more now that they know about the need to use it for the downgrade. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this...

wolfpack
April 29th, 2007, 23:00
No, not possible, you NEED GTA LCS with 2.0 on it, otherwise youre stuck at 3.03 firmwire.

eatnooM
April 29th, 2007, 23:01
Only other way is via a modchip, which may well cost more and is definitely a lot more hassle to perform.

I'd recommend that you look for a pre-owned copy at a store, after all they charge less for pre-owned copies and as far as they're concerned there's nothing special about an unpatched version, you just have to convince them to let you look through a bunch of copies for an unpatched one.

Triv1um
April 29th, 2007, 23:18
Indeed, you need unpatched GTA to use the exploit which lets you use HEN (homebrew enabler)

without it you're stuck at the moment.

Nindi
April 29th, 2007, 23:51
Thanks for replying. My problem is that I'm in Puerto Rico and here the stores have very limited merchandise. I've looked in probably like 6 to 7 different stores and the only one they have is the one I bought to see if it worked, which is the Greatest Hits version and it came with the 2.6 update. I just wanted to know if someone had heard anything about someone developing a downgrader that didn't need the GTA. I guess I'll end up buying it for 40 dolars through Ebay because in Puerto Rico it's gonna be kind of impossible for me to find it in a store, and the Blockbusters I've gone to are not even renting PSP games anymore because they say people break them. If someone hears something about a new downgrader coming out please let me know. Otherwise thanks anyway for the reply...

SnesR0X
April 30th, 2007, 00:28
good luck on bidding

potatoman
April 30th, 2007, 07:25
try play asia

Danwill
July 31st, 2008, 20:57
can anyone tell me where in south africa i can find this game

totalwise
August 15th, 2008, 01:24
danwill this is a 1 year old thread, psp homebrewing and downgrading has changed significantly since then.

You don't need any special games any more, just a pandora kit.