PDA

View Full Version : Contest + News IRIS

fatcat04912
April 30th, 2007, 00:34
Many people who still visit the iris mod forum have seen many of the new stuff people have been Releasing. Forums (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=124)

Their have been new maps :

Wizard From Noobtaculus
HaloCity From Noobtaculus
OuterBase From $n!pR
Cold Fusion From Buddy4Point0

http://i12.tinypic.com/4r26czm.jpg

Contest

The contest is for New maps And or New Characters
Just remember no all ready posted material
No Ripped Material

You Will Be Judged On the Following
1. Quality of map or Character
2. The In game speed
3. Size of the map (weather to crowded or to open)
4. Playability
5. Not to many glitches

No more entry past 05.27.07 (todays 04.30.07)

PRIZES
1. Unpatched copy of Grand Theft Auto Liberty City
2. Psp Parts
3. Prince of Persia Donated by PsMonkey
4. Socom psp head phones
5. Umd Movies
6. Umd Games
Other numerous prizes

Now im just trying to get iris back on the map

Special Grand Prize
Rules for grand prize

Must make and iris "update"

Now really i just want new bullets and maybe a gui for the update.

They get a grand prize the grand prize is worth about 80 - 120 dollars So what are your waiting for get out and map model or program :thumbup:

NO RIPS PERIOD!!!

max_hempfling
April 30th, 2007, 01:11
yay, i was mentioned !!!!!!

ryan2006
April 30th, 2007, 01:20
nice to see iris is still going and i like the idea of the competition good luck ppl

Buddy4point0
April 30th, 2007, 02:05
very good idea to get iris back up.
<opens radint>
<opens milkshake3D>

fatcat04912
April 30th, 2007, 02:12
Thanks guys Just remember quality is the best policy

fatcat04912
April 30th, 2007, 02:16
Oh you can enter more then one But you can only win one prize

buildit92
April 30th, 2007, 02:21
sweet it sorta reminds me of when some people were trying to make halo for the psp

DPyro
April 30th, 2007, 02:32
People always spell my name wrong :o It's $n!pR!

PSmonkey
April 30th, 2007, 02:44
Ok i'm contributing

I'll throw in a new copy of Prince of Persia Rival Swords for PSP for the winner.

Buddy4point0
April 30th, 2007, 02:54
hawwwwwww (supposed to be that hevenly sound)
<psmonkey rises from white mist>
<we all get on our knees for the creator of iris.>
<that sound at the halo 3 comercail plays (the daaa da daa da da daa daaaa)

fatcat04912
April 30th, 2007, 02:56
Thank you PsMonkey Its much appreciated if only sum one could hget rid of those red suares thats all i really want

Nikolaos
April 30th, 2007, 03:03
wow, great and awesome textures... amazing

max_hempfling
April 30th, 2007, 03:04
if sum1 makes the guns shoot things, ill contribute a few bullet models ( i realy wasnt to contribute a plasma bullet model cause my elites plasma rifle cant shoot little red squares) also im gonna win cause i have a bunch of cool models hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

PSPdemon
April 30th, 2007, 03:05
added to the rules... just to make it so that it can be put on here...

1.) Do not use copywrited material nor ripped material ( art, maps, models, ect ).

It can have fanmade textures and fanmade models as long as proper credit is given.

fatcat04912
April 30th, 2007, 03:09
If you edit the model So That its not a complete ripp or copy right infringement you may enter

Cloudhunter
April 30th, 2007, 03:16
Even if it's edited, it is still a rip...

Cloudy

Buddy4point0
April 30th, 2007, 03:30
using textures from quake is ok right?

fatcat04912
April 30th, 2007, 03:33
Its funny because legally its not and yea quake textures are fine

Pspdemon Freaking out because bungie sent him a C&D on his halo mod Were he used Fully ripped material Not modified material. And he doesn't want to see that happen again

Cap'n 1time
April 30th, 2007, 03:45

Edited ripped models are still certainly not legal, and we will not host or allow links to them regardless of whatever loophole you feel you have found. That includes the model you have a pic of on the front page.

If you want a contest here thats fine, but the content must be created completely by you or your buddies and 100% legally. If you feel you cannot obey our policies do not argue, you may be better off somewhere else.

fatcat04912
April 30th, 2007, 03:51
[QUOTE=Cap'n 1time;417079]Edited ripped models are still certainly not legal, and we will not host or allow links to them regardless of whatever loophole you feel you have found. That includes the model you have a pic of on the front page.

If you want a contest here thats fine, but the content must be created completely by you or your buddies and 100% legally.[/QUOT

Lawl LAWL lawl LAWL "Edited ripped models are still certainly not legal" it turns out thier right it is illegal

PSPdemon
April 30th, 2007, 03:55
Even if it's edited, it is still a rip...

Cloudy

very good point, even if its edited... its still using a copywrited model

Legally it is...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

edit: sorry i posted this after everyone posted... ( was in the middel of a conversation..... ) sorry for the lag )

Cap'n 1time
April 30th, 2007, 03:56
[QUOTE=Cap'n 1time;417079]Edited ripped models are still certainly not legal, and we will not host or allow links to them regardless of whatever loophole you feel you have found. That includes the model you have a pic of on the front page.

If you want a contest here thats fine, but the content must be created completely by you or your buddies and 100% legally.[/QUOT

Lawl LAWL lawl LAWL "Edited ripped models are still certainly not legal" it turns out thier right it is illegal

Our site, our rules. We want you to enjoy our forums, and we are glad that you have come up with a way to bring the community together, but you WILL obey the site policy. That means NO RIPPED CONTENT PERIOD.

Buddy4point0
April 30th, 2007, 03:57
so is this only a mapping compo now? also after all the arguing is done edit your first post with clear proffesionall sounding rules, prizez, and what its being judged on

fatcat04912
April 30th, 2007, 04:14
all ready edited first post

Buddy4point0
April 30th, 2007, 04:26
the size of the map should not matter.
refrase the part about remaking maps like beaver creek

max_hempfling
April 30th, 2007, 04:36
since im not allowed to do any halo stuff (there absolutly NEVER be anything REMOTLY close to any type of halo mod comin outta this member) im thinkin simpsons mod... no1 copy me!!!!! seriosly

max_hempfling
April 30th, 2007, 06:52
so i know how long i have, when does this end?

dark heart
April 30th, 2007, 07:29
sweet map!

ALF
April 30th, 2007, 08:56
Interesting... When does this end?

(I never released "it") :D

Hope its not like the last Comp... that was a complete failure, No offense to the person who set up the first Iris comp...

NSCXP2005
April 30th, 2007, 10:18
would somebody consider making halo using this engine, obviously we would have to make custom textures from scratch. it would be fantastic if somebody did.

what do people think?

IM back!
April 30th, 2007, 11:47
ill see what i can make.

Cap'n 1time
April 30th, 2007, 17:20
would somebody consider making halo using this engine, obviously we would have to make custom textures from scratch. it would be fantastic if somebody did.

what do people think?

Even from scratch you would still be violating Intellectual property. In fact the project PSdemon received a C & D letter for consisted of PD models maps. It's better to come up with something original anyway. :)

ExcruciationX
April 30th, 2007, 18:47
How does one create IRIS maps?

DPyro
April 30th, 2007, 18:51
Their Quake 3 maps, using their map editor.

ExcruciationX
April 30th, 2007, 19:30
Their Quake 3 maps, using their map editor.
Oh, okay.

Maybe I'll make one. ;)

tophead420
April 30th, 2007, 21:08
I thought Iris was dead there hasnt be an news on in a long ass time. I hope this contest carries on and i hope ti see an update of iris and not just new models I think there are enough as is. So sum one please pick this project up and make this better. If it was still being workd on and production hadn't stopped this could have been the best homebrew games ever. Hope someone has the balls to start a new update.

fatcat04912
May 1st, 2007, 00:43
Hey even if you make it a basic fps but using the same Engine id be happy So dont just make a ripp off of a great game be original

ish420ism
May 1st, 2007, 08:39
Even from scratch you would still be violating Intellectual property. In fact the project PSdemon received a C & D letter for consisted of PD models maps. It's better to come up with something original anyway. :)

by your description, most of the homebrew games and themes featured on this site violate copyright laws. please explain.

Buddy4point0
May 1st, 2007, 18:33
so it says "no previously reliced material", can we make an update to our maps then realice it?

Cap'n 1time
May 1st, 2007, 18:41
by your description, most of the homebrew games and themes featured on this site violate copyright laws. please explain.

You are technically free to make a clone or fan game so long as no ripped content goes into a game BUT the original authors (Bungie in this case) can stop it at any time they wish. A lot of the time companies are pretty friendly when it comes to fan games (see HaloUT and the 2D halo game which actually received some praise by bungie) but if they feel threatened they can cut the project down any time and claim they are violating Intellectual Property. In this case they felt threatened by the fact that a fan game was to appear on an rival console... or at least thats what it seems to be.

max_hempfling
May 4th, 2007, 01:28
updating a map is cheap, i dont htink anything made before the comp started shouild be allowed

BrooksyX
May 4th, 2007, 02:00
Too bad I lost all the maps I was working on about a year ago. Oh well, Ill probably enter a few maps. Hopefully Iris will be updated too.

carlitx
May 4th, 2007, 02:14
what is IRIS? pm me cause ill forget i asked lol

Noobtaculus
October 25th, 2007, 20:53
is this still on going?