PDA

View Full Version : Gizmondo hits North America on August 11th

wraggster
May 20th, 2005, 21:56
We know it’s been rough not knowing exactly when Tiger Telematics was going to introduce their Gizmondo portable game console over here, but they’ve finally confirmed a US release date: August 11th. Their ridiculously over-the-top booth here at E3 notwithstanding, there hasn’t exactly been an overwhelming amount of buzz about the Gizmondo since it debuted in the UK a couple of months back. They did score commitments from both EA and Ubisoft to release games for the Gizmondo, and they’re touting the console’s GPS capabilities, which’ll let you do some interesting stuff when it comes to location based gaming, and its multimedia functions, but it’s hard to imagine anyone, short of Microsoft themselves (or maybe Apple or Samsung), coming out with a portable console that could grab the spotlight away from the twin juggernauts of the Nintendo DS and the PlayStation Portable.

slayerpsp
May 27th, 2005, 08:56
who is going to sale it in the usa gamestop hasent said a thing about it so its kinda strange they have a release date but no stores to sale it in yet.and how much are they going to sale it for if its more then 150 its not going to sale at all it will be just like the n-gage nobody cares

ptr.exe
May 28th, 2005, 17:59
it's sell not sale.

Cross
June 22nd, 2005, 06:31
I would like to see gamestop carry it and its around 250 to 300 depending on the package from what I have seen. This portable plays to a different market, maybe u should read up on it. its not ment to play with the PSP or DS arena's its made spec for those who like to do homebrew/Emulation, like the many other systems in this thread that do that and seem to sell just fine to those who know about it and buy them.

slayer2psp
June 23rd, 2005, 07:10
I would like to see gamestop carry it and its around 250 to 300 depending on the package from what I have seen. This portable plays to a different market, maybe u should read up on it. its not ment to play with the PSP or DS arena's its made spec for those who like to do homebrew/Emulation, like the many other systems in this thread that do that and seem to sell just fine to those who know about it and buy them.
i know all about it but if its just a online only thing they dont stand a chance and the price will be 229.00 in the usa with the ad thing we will see i havent seen any emus or homebrew games for it yet nothing at all maybe it sells in england but from what i hear its not doing very well at all. less then two months from the usa launch and still nobody knows were in the hell they are going to sale the thing. seems a little strange to me that they havent got there retail partners figured out yet in the usa

Trevsweb
June 23rd, 2005, 22:52
sad thing is there is no real development user base yet.. well none that i know of.
gizmondo could do well on the homebrew front it has the resources to power most if not all the emulators. price yup seams steap but theres alot of substance in why it costs that much.

check their press site they have mentioned there that they will be opening flagship stores and already shipping through online and offline retailers here in the UK. there are many interested retailers looking for the US release but it will most likly end up in a large computer chain like compusa or walmart electronics section :P

i still would love to see homebrew make an apperance on the giz tho.

Velo
July 9th, 2005, 08:56
Finally, I am also hearing that it is going to cost a ton. 400$-500$. A worker at Tiger said something like, " After a year or so, we will have it down to 50$ or close to it." Too bad the thing is butt-ugly. It is also said to have better graphics than a PSP, and it looks like it does from what I have seen. It is most likely to bomb in the game department because few companies are signing up with it in America.

I suppose it will have the same fate as the virtual boy and such, rarely seen by most gamers eyes.

-James