PDA

View Full Version : Bgotm

ACID
April 30th, 2007, 19:05
OK i know theres a lot of people that like to play around doing Sig's and stuff. So here it goes instead of a Sig how about a competition on BG,s and for the first task i was thinking a set of icons and bg,s for the psp emulators. I also know that lots of people own both the DS and the PSP so as a price i will give the winner a DS LINK & a DS ONE card. Why that because i have too many of this cards laing around doing absolutely nothing. I guess it beats 20 usd.
And the set will have to be a set of at least 15 emulator bgs and like it says it has to be a set. So what do you guys think is it worth it or no.

Bruce.Lee
May 1st, 2007, 00:53
Whats a DS LINK and DS ONE card?

And yeah, I'd be interested. Do you have any specific emulators in mind?

ACID
May 1st, 2007, 08:16
They are slot one cards used for homebrew and all that kind of stuff for the NDS. But if atleast 6 people dont join the comp i wont give them out.

Malksta
May 1st, 2007, 12:26
Interesting.

ACID
May 2nd, 2007, 17:07
Well i geuss noby is interested. To bad thats over a hundred dollars worth of cards. in usd.

bandit
May 2nd, 2007, 18:15
So this is a contest to see who can come up with the best looking background? I noticed that you said icons and backgrounds for PSP. Considering the prize is for DS Link and SuperCard, might want to keep the contest along the lines with DS related.

Let me know. I would like to help spread the word or maybe work together on this. Ive been trying to think of some ways for contests.

Malksta
May 2nd, 2007, 21:14
Well i geuss noby is interested. To bad thats over a hundred dollars worth of cards. in usd.

1 post before you, : "Interesting"

ACID
May 2nd, 2007, 23:56
Sorry bout that MALK & BRUCE dint mean you guys. Bandit i sayd PSP because this is the art forume and i know most peoplehave bouth systems and since the price is a desent one id figure so should the work to earn it.

bandit
May 3rd, 2007, 17:04
I guess but not everyone has both. Working on something for the PSP and winning a DS product when that person doesnt have a DS would do that person no good. If it was a contest on a PSP for a PSP product, than I can understand. Same for DS...DS contest for DS product.

my 2¢

ACID
May 4th, 2007, 06:23
Well how about the full set of BG's for the R4DS is that better. But wont the price be to much then. Just help me out here bandit

bandit
May 4th, 2007, 07:23
Well how about the full set of BG's for the R4DS is that better. But wont the price be to much then. Just help me out here bandit
Full set of BGs for either the R4DS or M3 Simply is a good idea. There are now 12 themes (1 for each month).

As for price, if you're giving SuperCard DS One away, there is no need for DS Link. Unless DS Link does something that DS One doesnt? Dont own a DS Link so I dont know. I would give one and not both.

Bruce.Lee
May 4th, 2007, 07:26
I dont own a DS myself, but I dont quite care whether or not the prize correlates with the contest. The fact that you would be generous enough to give away the prize for the contest is good enough for me.

And if you want more people to participate, you might want to advertise the fact that there is a prize, it gives people more of an incentive.

ACID
May 4th, 2007, 07:28
Ok sounds good will you spread the word. i will give away the DS LINK first as a price and if it goes well i will make another for the DS ONE. And actually the OS for the DS LINK is one of the best. thats about the only difference. and you can also replase the bg's. So pass the word if you can help me out id apreciated. I just thought it be something neet to do. and oviesly ill be paying for the shipping as well

bandit
May 4th, 2007, 20:03
Ok sounds good will you spread the word. i will give away the DS LINK first as a price and if it goes well i will make another for the DS ONE. And actually the OS for the DS LINK is one of the best. thats about the only difference. and you can also replase the bg's. So pass the word if you can help me out id apreciated. I just thought it be something neet to do. and oviesly ill be paying for the shipping as well
OS is better on DS Link? I'll have to see if I can get my hands on one and see for myself.

So are we definitely going with backgrounds for the R4? Maybe someone should come up with a banner of some sort to help and a title? I guess I can host the contest on my site. We'll have a poll for voting.

ACID
May 4th, 2007, 20:16
OK sounds cool bandit. I can make a banner , but i also cant because i had to ruturn my notebook to ailien ware HDD was fried still waiting for my new one.:(

bandit
May 4th, 2007, 22:09
You in a rush to unload these? I'll see if I can come up with a banner or something.

ACID
May 6th, 2007, 10:18
No rush Bandit no rush at all take your time.

bandit
May 8th, 2007, 05:48
Writing up rules and all that mumbo-jumbo. Been slow at work so I started working on the banner for the competition

http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk/contest/contest.gif

Let me know what you think and any changes. Also, PM me your email so I can email you what rules and stuff I have so far.

ACID
May 8th, 2007, 19:53
Dude that looks sweet.

Malksta
May 8th, 2007, 21:40
Indeed it does, although the Contest, ACID, Presents and the link text seem squashed

bandit
May 8th, 2007, 22:18
Indeed it does, although the Contest, ACID, Presents and the link text seem squashed
Thanks. i think thats how the font is. I'll take a look when I get home.

*edit*
Fixed image