PDA

View Full Version : Elite Won't Transfer XBLA Games

Shrygue
April 30th, 2007, 19:25
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/that-would-have-been-too-easy/elite-wont-transfer-xbla-games-256434.php)

Last week, Crecente went into how to tranfer data from you Xbox 360 to your Xbox Elite by using a a free migration kit that is available on the Microsoft site. What happens when you don't heed the Lord Crecente's words? Apparently, you get all of your arcade games back as demos:

"All the games, all of them, turned into demos that asked me to download the full version. This is very unhappy making. I plug my cable back in and get on the phone.

I'm told by customer service that the only way to get the games working is to get my free data migration cable, and then he asks me to register my system to get the cable... I'm a little upset that among the many cables that come with the Elite they don't give you the data cable like they do with the stand-alone hard drive--and in fact many people online have been talking about their plans to buy the stand alone and return it after using the cable--but I'm even more upset that the cable is reportedly causing the same DRM to kick in with your games... If I bring my Elite to a friend's house that doesn't have ethernet in the living room, we can't play Geometry Wars? That's silly."
Silly and mean.