PDA

View Full Version : PSP PaRappa confirmed for North America

wraggster
April 30th, 2007, 21:19
via gamespot (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6169909.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;2)

While Paper Mario is perhaps the best-known dimensionally challenged mascot, he wasn't the first. Designed by New York artist Rodney Greenblat, PaRappa the Rapper debuted on the original PlayStation in 1997 and is set to celebrate his 10th anniversary with a return to the spotlight.

Sony Computer Entertainment America today announced that the PlayStation Portable edition of the paper-thin puppy's premier game will find its way to North American retailers this July. PaRappa the Rapper on the PSP will feature the original PlayStation game, along with a handful of new tweaks and features. Notable additions include a four-player rap battle mode and eight downloadable remixed versions of the original game's songs.

Basil Zero
April 30th, 2007, 21:50
AWESOME

Always wanted to play this game

Abgoj
April 30th, 2007, 21:53
Great news

Triv1um
April 30th, 2007, 21:56
' Kick, punch its all in the mind '

LEGEND.

ricki_b
April 30th, 2007, 22:19
Now that be news

Buddy4point0
May 1st, 2007, 00:19
sweet, i cant wait for this game

devmas
May 1st, 2007, 01:52
I played the Japanese version, which has English language settings in it.

The game is exactly like the original, except widescreen and with downloadable songs. Except that the downloadable songs are not good, becasue they are not new songs, just new music to go the main 6 songs. Plus, it also has multiplayer which is basically two people playing at the same time, seeing who gets the higher score. It is not a battle thing, like Um Jammer Lammy is.

Basically, the main game is very good, but the extras are not all 100% great but still cool.

Now, if they were to re-release Um Jammer Lammy... with its Lammy mode and Parappa mode, and Lammy-Parappa co-op and battle and other multiplayer options...

VFerg
May 1st, 2007, 04:43
Since the first week of PSP going on sale I stated that this game is the perfect port for psp! I can't believe I will finally get my wish. I tried to use it with the psp emulator but it didnt work that great. Anybody who has not played this game should, its a classic that I think a lot of people missed out on. Every song was really clever and very catchy.

JKKDARK
May 1st, 2007, 06:31
I remember the PSX version. It was good :)