PDA

View Full Version : pokedex spinoff

IAmRetardMan
May 1st, 2007, 00:32
someone should make an app that simulates a pokedex with game info such as stats, D/V values, types, movesets, item lists...ect

it'd be quite useful to have for those of us who look up that info online for when were not near an internet connection ^_^

what do people think?

grantlionheart
May 1st, 2007, 04:46
i think it wouldnt be too hard to do just time consuming
theres so many pokemon it would take so long to have a page on each displkaying all info about them
itd probably be not worth the time

Tesseract
May 28th, 2007, 07:22
Heh... I'd started writing one to teach myself XML, but as I mentioned in another thread, the PSP browser doesn't like XML.

If it DID, it would be easy to run off-line as well as online. I want a handy PSP-PokeDex, too! Having it web-based would also open it up to those poor souls who aren't homebrew-capable.

Since I was keeping it to the right aspect, all it has is name, picture, number, Elemental types and how to find them in the Advance/DS generation.

I have most of the info entered already, and if it ends up working on the PSP somehow, I'll probably increase the functionality. I can't program worth a damn, but HTML is my beeyotch. :D

-Xandu-
May 28th, 2007, 09:31
i think it wouldnt be too hard to do just time consuming
theres so many pokemon it would take so long to have a page on each displkaying all info about them
itd probably be not worth the time

Not really if you know how to code. Mainly just copy, paste the info.

parkermauney
May 28th, 2007, 14:57
Heh... I'd started writing one to teach myself XML, but as I mentioned in another thread, the PSP browser doesn't like XML.

If it DID, it would be easy to run off-line as well as online. I want a handy PSP-PokeDex, too! Having it web-based would also open it up to those poor souls who aren't homebrew-capable.

Since I was keeping it to the right aspect, all it has is name, picture, number, Elemental types and how to find them in the Advance/DS generation.

I have most of the info entered already, and if it ends up working on the PSP somehow, I'll probably increase the functionality. I can't program worth a damn, but HTML is my beeyotch. :D

IE is, No Good!

acn010
May 28th, 2007, 15:20
use that to port it for the browser on the psp, i may even help you

Gold Line
May 28th, 2007, 16:05
sounds great, please make it :D

Shadowblind
May 28th, 2007, 16:07
Actually...even I could do that. It'll be in LUA though :p

But that'd be amazingly easy to do. I'll do it if no one else will. And I've got a few ideas ;)

Gold Line
May 28th, 2007, 16:11
it would be easy but it would take so much time even if you do copy and past it.

Shadowblind
May 28th, 2007, 16:15
I shall take the project :D

I haven't done anything for the PSP community since I started Doom Zero (still under production). I feel worthless, so I gotta do something :o

Gold Line
May 28th, 2007, 16:25

I haven't done anything for the PSP community since I started Doom Zero (still under production). I feel worthless, so I gotta do something :o

thats great :D
and you know a lot about pokemon anyway :thumbup:

-Xandu-
May 28th, 2007, 16:39

We'll see ;).

Shadowblind
May 28th, 2007, 17:12
Yeah, we'll see...

Tesseract
May 28th, 2007, 20:01
IE is, No Good!

If you like, I can post a screenshot of it in Firefox. It'll work both ways. Is there any particular reason that this matters when talking about porting it to the PSP, though?

-Xandu-
May 28th, 2007, 20:32
Just started an hour ago and I'm almost done, how about you Shadowblind? :p.

Gold Line
May 28th, 2007, 20:41
name it the PSPokedex :D
and who is coding this?

Shadowblind
May 28th, 2007, 22:01
I dont know. Im on 20. I've named mine PSPokedex already though.

This is depressing. Finally get to a thing I like to code and some1s beaten me to the punch?

Gold Line
May 28th, 2007, 22:32
shodow blind you know more about pokemon so your pokedex will be better, dont give up :D

Tesseract
May 28th, 2007, 22:45
*sells popcorn, takes bets*

You two should both continue anyway. There's something to be said for a clean and easy to navigate app that takes more time to code than something that's butt-ugly and slapped together in an hour.

GO GO, GADGET CODERS!

As for the information, serebii.net is a good resource, even though the layout has something to be desired.

-Xandu-
May 29th, 2007, 09:12
As for the information, serebii.net is a good resource.

Well no, that would take a hell lot of time to code.

I finished mine in about 30-50 mins (info).

Check my blog (http://xandu6a.blogspot.com/) for screenshots/info ;).

Tesseract
May 30th, 2007, 05:13
Lookin' good! The GUI seems decent enough. Hopefully the text will be easier to read by the end of the project.

Keep it up!

-Xandu-
May 30th, 2007, 08:56
Well yeah, I was looking for a better font. Any one know which one would be appropriate?

parkermauney
May 30th, 2007, 17:08
Judjing by this:
http://208.109.97.61/games/shots/pokemon-pokedex.jpg
It seems to maybe use Impact. I'm not sure though.

Gold Line
May 30th, 2007, 17:32
Well no, that would take a hell lot of time to code.

I finished mine in about 30-50 mins (info).

Check my blog (http://xandu6a.blogspot.com/) for screenshots/info ;).

wow only 1 hour and it already looks great, well done :thumbup:

Tesseract
May 30th, 2007, 23:34
The font's OK, the text just seemed to run together and was difficult to read simply due to formatting.

The stock PSP fonts should be OK once you clean up the presentation a little.... But if you want to use something more universally readable (I generally try to use Arial in my webpages) that'd be a bonus!

ijustwantdownloads
September 19th, 2008, 00:53
Please do :D