PDA

View Full Version : PSPSSH : SSH2 Client for PSP v1.0.5

zx-81
May 1st, 2007, 11:43
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspssh-snap-v3.jpg

Hi All,

For those who haven't seen the previous version, Dropbear is a small SSH2 Server
and Client running on a variety of POSIX-based platforms.
It has been mainly developed by Matt Johnston (see matt's web site (http://matt.ucc.asn.au/dropbear/dropbear.html)).

PSPSSH is a port of the version 0.48.1 to the PSP.

This ssh client gives you a remote access to your PC (if you have a SSH server installed of course),
and you can then enter commands and run scripts as if you were directly in front of your PC.

This software is usefull for linux users who might want to connect to their PC/server
from anywhere using a wifi connection, and then read their mail using text based tool
such as pine, elm or mutt, run text irc client, watch log files, edit configuration files, restart services etc ...

* Change log : *

What's new in version 1.0.5 :

- Improve vt100 emulation, the following attributes are now supported :
+ underline
+ blink
+ brightness
- Bug fix in vt100 colors
- Little modification of the keyboard mapping depending on usage frequency,
for example it's now easier to use keys '\' and '|'.

* Credits and license : *

The terminal Vt100 emulation part of PSPSSH is based on the work
of Danzel for his Telnet client for PSP.

This software is distributed under several open-source/free software
licenses, and mainly the MIT/X Consortium License.

See LICENSE.txt file for all details and information about it.

It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 3.03-OE.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Thanks to Matt Johnston for Dropbear, to Danzel and Jeff Chen for their virtual keyboard,
thanks once more to Danzel for the VT100 emulation, and thanks to all PSPSDK coders.

Special thanks to Cool Matty and Delight1 for their feedback, and Dmitry for testing !

Enjoy,

Zx

slayer3d
May 1st, 2007, 13:34
Hi ZX81,

Great program! Works fine except for one thing...

Please try to get this compatible with pikey (psp ir keyboard driver) - when pikey is enabled in 3.xx or 1.5 then pspssh hangs at 'connection part 4 of 4'. This would be amazing if we can get it to work!

Thanks

zx-81
May 1st, 2007, 13:43
Hi ZX81,

Great program! Works fine except for one thing...

Please try to get this compatible with pikey (psp ir keyboard driver) - when pikey is enabled in 3.xx or 1.5 then pspssh hangs at 'connection part 4 of 4'. This would be amazing if we can get it to work!

Thanks

Yes for sure it would be great, but i have no keyboard to test with, and i haven't PDA so i don't plan to buy a keyboard only for testing purposes ;). May be if a coder is interrested in this kind of stuff, it could be cool yes, to have this homebrew working with a real keyboard.

pspfan
May 1st, 2007, 22:54
slayer3d,
You might want to talk to Fanjita about getting it to work with piKey. It would be better for Fanjita to fix piKey than for each dev to fix their programs to support it.

slayer3d
May 5th, 2007, 17:22
pspfan: That's what I thought too; I emailed Fanjita @Noobz and he said it was one of the things he wanted to be compatible with pikey and he would look at it, but understandably both these guys are very busy and things take time. I've sent zx-81 and fanjita both a fiver through paypal - not much but it's a start eh?

I read in an interview with fanjita that his philosophy was to give people the tools to create great homebrew rather that just doing it himself. Hence an input/output framework to support ir keyboards - so it seems to me since pikey is compatible with any program that uses the built-in psp osk keyboard, if zx-81 can make psp ssh use the standard osk then pikey will work fine. Or even better if pspssh talks directly to pikey so we could see the command line (pspssh screen) while typing realtime. Easier said than done I know, but then I'm not a coder, just a sysadmin who would get a kick out of using my psp to remotely admin over 200 servers :D

It is worth saying that psp ssh 1.05 works ok with pikey's button emulation only (you can use the keyboard to navigate up and down the menus in ssh) but then ssh freezes at 'Connection state 4 of 4' so it's not a fundamental incompatibility. I have faith that it will get sorted out eventually, Thanks to both for all their great work so far!

zx-81
May 5th, 2007, 17:34
I will integrate / test pikey with pspssh as soon as i received my Targus keyboard (should arrived soon).

pspfan
May 6th, 2007, 01:17
Nice. Looking forward to it! I'll have to get me one of those keyboards soon now that so many homebrews can use them.

NeonLightning
May 9th, 2007, 20:07
i seem to be having an issue where when i start pspshh first time it asks me to do the key presses ofcourse then it says it loading then i see the blue screen thats supposed to list the connections but only for a half a second then it goes black for a second then its on the xmb agin any clue?

zx-81
May 9th, 2007, 22:49
i seem to be having an issue where when i start pspshh first time it asks me to do the key presses ofcourse then it says it loading then i see the blue screen thats supposed to list the connections but only for a half a second then it goes black for a second then its on the xmb agin any clue?

It never happens to me ... have you unzipped the archive properly ? Do you have any wifi connections configured ?

NeonLightning
May 10th, 2007, 21:38
as i said on qj i have 3.10oe and i have tried with one and two connections setup

zx-81
May 10th, 2007, 22:02
as i said on qj i have 3.10oe and i have tried with one and two connections setup

Ok .... i don't understand what happens ... i works fine on my psp. Are you sure you have unzipped all directories (even empty directory ?).

NeonLightning
May 13th, 2007, 19:52
i'll give it another shot when i get back to my place(its sad i have to goto my dad's to use my computer but at my house i have a wifi spot near by)