PDA

View Full Version : Go!Cam Euro Announcement

wraggster
May 1st, 2007, 13:21
PSP Owners in Europe can now join in with our Japanese friends with the announced today release of the PSP Camera in Europe:

Heres some screens

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/na-1-20070501100719_35_jpg_100.jpghttp://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/na-1-20070501100719_43_jpg_100.jpghttp://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/na-1-20070501100719_65_jpg_100.jpg

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/na-1-20070501100719_66_0004_jpg_100.jpghttp://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/na-1-20070501100719_67_jpg_100.jpghttp://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/na-1-20070501100719_68_jpg_100.jpg

Heres the press release:

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced the arrival of the PSP™(PlayStation®Portable) camera, Go!Cam.

To be released on 16th May 2007 across Europe and the PAL territories, Go!Cam promises to bring the creativity of film, photos and the fun of PSP together to create a camera for all ages and all occasions. With a retail price of €49.99 (£34.99), Go!Cam is yet another example of how PSP is a mobile entertainment system with no limits.

With up to two and half hours video recording time and the ability to take and store over 40,000 photos*, Go!Cam seamlessly converts PSP to a portable, functional and fun camera.

Go!Cam offers a built in microphone to ensure continuous audio, the ability to change the direction of the camera lens vertically by 180 degrees and Go!Edit, an editing software package which allows users to save and edit photos, video and audio clips.

"Go!Cam is fantastic news for all those PSP owners looking for something new, fun and creative,” said Stephane Hareau, PSP Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. “With Summer around the corner and the ability to turn your PSP into a mini camcorder and capture all the best moments in your life, this is yet another reason to get a PSP and to take advantage of truly portable entertainment. It demonstrates yet again the potential, versatility and evolving nature of PSP."

Go!Edit software

Go!Edit editing software, bundled free with Go!Cam allows you to transform your PSP into a portable editing suite, letting you edit on the move. With the ability to enhance movies and photos with sounds and graphical effects, Go!Edit provides everything to make a mini masterpiece. Go!Edit also allows the option to upload creations onto the internet directly from the PSP, meaning that nothing need stand in your way to share your masterpiece with the world.

*Based on a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™

Go!Cam requires PSP firmware upgrade Ver. 2.80 onwards

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Go_Cam_Euro_Announcement)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Go_Cam_Euro_Announcement

JesusXP
May 1st, 2007, 13:59
how many megapixels?? (is it even applicable to this camera?)

Avi
May 1st, 2007, 14:12
Last I checked I think it was 1.3MP but it comes out looking quite nice.

Was just skimming over the article. LOL @ firmware 2.80 onwards.. homebrew users won't have a problem with that =P

JesusXP
May 1st, 2007, 14:17
maaaan... 1.3 megapixels?!?! There is no excuse for carrying around an attachment that big, for a result like that. My cellphone camera (sonyericsson w810i), has 2.0mp and they could easily have adapted a camera like that instead. If its true, it seems pretty rediculous. When they announced the camera it was about 1.3mp, however that was like 2 years ago, and it hasn't seen a real release yet anyways. Now that its in europe, they should have for sure upgraded the camera... We all know the psp2 will include a camera inside, and will definately be 2.0 or over (wrt megapixels). Kinda lame... I bought the GPS, (imported), but I wont be getting this..

Baboon
May 1st, 2007, 14:32
Is this just aimed at kids then?

1.3 mega pixels is like Toys R Us - Fisher Price stylee! ...My Sony Ericsson k800i has got 3.2 mega pixels! lol

The only thing I want is the Sat Nav for PSP... I just hope the GPS isnt too far off from a Europe release?

Basil Zero
May 1st, 2007, 14:49
has a camera ever come out for psp in the US?

If it did, am I the only one who didnt know 0_0

blackrave
May 1st, 2007, 15:03
No, no camera in the US yet. Only in Asia and now Europe. America will probably get it soon, but this time, Europeans get a thing before Americans for once.

It isn't all about the megapixel count, you know. The quality and colours and other things are a lot more important. You should look for photos and videos taken by the Chotto Shot. They look great!

I'm a bit confused by one thing, though. GameSpot says in this article (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6169941.html) that it will come bundled with a 4 GB memory stick.

As well as a 4GB memory stick that can hold over 40,000 photos, Go! Cam will also come bundled with the photo, video, and audio editing software Go! Edit.

Reagrdless of whether this is correct or not, I'll definitely get this. Both games and VoIP applications will take advantage of this camera in the future, so it's a must for me.

Abgoj
May 1st, 2007, 15:16
The picture quality should come out good on the psp, even if the camera is only 1.3 MP. Like when you load phone pic's on a computer, the picture quality comes out much better when put on the computer.

ayhoung
May 1st, 2007, 16:40
I can definitely say this is true. I live in taiwan and i have a psp cam, and the pics come out looking quite nice. The one thing that definitely stands out for the cam is video function. it really is a great video recorder rivaling earlier handycams albeit lower resolution, but its comes out great even on a computer. Also, it comes witha small cute box that you can put ur cam in. i bought mine for about 37$ US and it really is a great toy that you and ur friends can play around with for a long time. Plus, the editing software is NEAT! Simply put, this is the best mini cam u can get.

SpooForBrains
May 1st, 2007, 16:44
They're a bit late to the party with this aren't they? I mean, after all the time that people have been waiting, they could at least have bumped the resolution a little. I can't imagine public reaction to this is going to be too great.

Although I would love to get one, having seen the quality of the photos that others have posted. Especially if it comes bundled with a 4GB stick.

Boopop
May 1st, 2007, 17:13
GPS would be much more useful.

yoshinatsu
May 1st, 2007, 18:14
What the... Look at the pictures of the black PSP. they're showing a black theme the PSP doesn't even have:rolleyes:

titch.ryan
May 1st, 2007, 18:14
i did thinks this looks good but not too sure after reading the comments about megapixel cmon the latest phones have 5 megapixel cameras up your game sony!

DarthPaul
May 1st, 2007, 19:31
What the hell!? What about us?[USA,UK] Hell,this isn't fair. I want one badly. But I don't want to take the risk and import it. I don't trust the shipping thing.

Can anyone sugest a good site where I can import things? That's reliable and fast?
Hm...can I ask this here? Lol,but I want the camera and the 4gb memory stick cheap.

fpcreator2000
May 1st, 2007, 19:48
I imported the camera to the U.S. from Japan. The hardware is region-free so it works fine.

The picture quality is good as long as you don't move too much. You can increase the quality of the shot, 1024 x 768 (i think, i could be wrong), but it is sufficient for the psp. If you want great shots, get a real camera, otherwise the camera is sufficient.

I also have a question.
I have 4gb memory stick pro duo, the camera, and my psp is running 3.40OE (the best thing since sliced bread), but the camera will give me a delay after 5 to 10 seconds of recording. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can someone help.

The King
May 1st, 2007, 20:11
too low mp it thout this would have like 5 mp

my pc camera cost me like 50 and it has 5mp
tihs is wak whoever buys this will be getting riped badly

Buddy4point0
May 1st, 2007, 20:19
im def gonna get this.
like the sec. it comes out

IM back!
May 1st, 2007, 21:13
im getting it now

wolfpack
May 1st, 2007, 21:29
id buy it if it had more mp to it, because my digital camera beats this

Basil Zero
May 2nd, 2007, 00:41
I hear its as worse as a cell phone camera...

ayhoung
May 2nd, 2007, 13:35
no d00d its hella good quality, u can expect it at least form sony

kam30en
May 2nd, 2007, 18:56
I bought this on ebay for 50 dollars, and its not that bad. I also bought an extra 4gb stick for 30 dollars, this cam can take an hour of video (on the highest quality) on an empty 4gb stick....which is awesome. The pictures aren't that great, but its still pretty good. The reason I bought it was that it also works as a microphone for the Talkman series of translator games.

SpooForBrains
May 2nd, 2007, 19:38
I think the poster that mentioned this coming bundled with a 4GB memory stick was getting his wires crossed. You'll just be getting the camera and the software (and possibly a case for the camera).

blackrave
May 2nd, 2007, 20:04
Yeah, seems so. GameSpot has changed the article, although there is still a little sign that it used to say that it came bundled with a 4 GB memory stick.

Before:

As well as a 4GB memory stick that can hold over 40,000 photos, Go! Cam will also come bundled with the photo, video, and audio editing software Go! Edit.

Now:

When used with a 4GB memory stick, it can hold more than 40,000 photos. Go! Cam will also come bundled with the photo, video, and audio-editing software Go! Edit.

It was too good to be true.