PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Xandu's Media Player 2 (XMP2)

-Xandu-
May 1st, 2007, 19:34
Xandu's Media Player 2

Introduction:
I am currently working on XMP 2, and I announce that it's almost done and to be released soon :).

XMP 2 is a huge update to XMP, it features Album Art preview, iPod GUI and functions (this means you can use analog as an iPod scroll wheel!), Lyrics(USLT) using iTunes and more!
Visualizations,Playlist and Photo viewers will be added in future releases.

Screenshots:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/XMP2.png

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/lib2.png

Trailer:
Here's a little trailer, it shows a few of XMP 2 features.
http://www.youtube.com/v/2biejUab4l0

BETA testers:
D0N - Official BETA tester atm, but will add more once BETA is out.

Special thanks to:
Homer - For his great help and support.

http://digg.com/gaming_news/XMP2_Ipod_media_themed_player_on_PSP

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 1st, 2007, 19:37
Looks sweet what formats are suported ??.

Airdevil
May 1st, 2007, 19:38
Looks great! cant wait for a release!

Really professional. What formats are supported?

DarthPaul
May 1st, 2007, 19:42
Oh My God Xandu I love the first one but it surely looks like it has improved a lot. O_O Nice.

drock82
May 1st, 2007, 19:45
in the words of shoa kahn- Superb!!!!

-Xandu-
May 1st, 2007, 19:47
Currently it supports MP3,WAV,MOD,OGG,XM,IT,MTM,S3M.

More formats will be added future releases.

DarthPaul
May 1st, 2007, 19:51

Awesome.

Question: Do you think it would be possible to add OMG[SonicStage's format] support to any application for PSP sometime?

gunntims0103
May 1st, 2007, 19:56
Wow, Xandu this is great work!

Can't wait for a release :)

tvrstl
May 1st, 2007, 19:57
Nice!!

Zion
May 1st, 2007, 19:58
Looks stunning man :D Id be happy to beta test this beauty :)

saqib154
May 1st, 2007, 20:03
this is the best media player i have seen for the psp!

maybe you can add video support for future releases

-Xandu-
May 1st, 2007, 20:06
Question: Do you think it would be possible to add OMG[SonicStage's format] support to any application for PSP sometime?

Sure, but I don't think I'll be adding that to XMP soon;)

gunntims0103
May 1st, 2007, 20:14
Hey Xandu will this media player be able to swich from the Ipod theme to the Windows media player theme? Or will this release be strictly Ipod themed?

Erban
May 1st, 2007, 20:14
Well I must say I dont comment very much here (I keep my opinions to myself) But THIS has got to be THE best media player for psp and I havent even tried it....anyway Like I said I usually keep my opinions to myself but VIDEO would be great But shoot I could care less the psp scean has been waiting for this for a LONG time......DJSP anyone??? while nice this KICKS the SH!T outta that by far GREAT WORK and thanks again.....The scean needs this in this time of slowness!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackrave
May 1st, 2007, 20:18
This media player looks extremely polished with support for many formats. To be honest, I have not yet tried your previous media player, but I will definitely try this one out.

I guess this settles the PSP to Compete With Ipod ? thread. :)

Prasoc
May 1st, 2007, 20:19
Get an iPod -.- lol ipods own

-Xandu-
May 1st, 2007, 20:21
Hey Xandu will this media player be able to swich from the Ipod theme to the Windows media player theme? Or will this release be strictly Ipod themed?

Well XMP2 is iPod based, but I'll add theme support in the future. :)

Airdevil
Get an iPod -.- lol ipods own

....they really dont.....

over-rated garbage

Buddy4point0
very cool man.
thanks

gunntims0103
May 1st, 2007, 20:31
Well XMP2 is iPod based, but I'll add theme support in the future. :)

Great to hear. Really stunning work, i simply can't wait for a release. Have you thought of posting this on digg. I could try to put it up there if you like im on the internet via my Wii so it might be difficult but il give it a try if you like :)

-Xandu-
May 1st, 2007, 20:39
Great to hear. Really stunning work, i simply can't wait for a release. Have you thought of posting this on digg. I could try to put it up there if you like im on the internet via my Wii so it might be difficult but il give it a try if you like :)

Sure, go ahead ;).

Forgot to mention, Folder support now added :).

D0N
May 1st, 2007, 21:06
Looks sweet Xandu! Thanks for letting me BETA test! :D

gunntims0103
May 1st, 2007, 21:15
Finally i got it up on digg and edited the post here for the digg entrie. mind you only using a PSP and Wii. :p

Now users can digg this news :D

Rafaelfrota
May 1st, 2007, 21:35
That's awesome =D
The lyrics feature is something that I was looking for ^o^/
I hope I don't get frustrated when it releases.

Lukeson
May 1st, 2007, 21:48
That iPod-Wheel-Thing for the PSP is kind of a two-edged sword. I mean it surely is nice to use, but think about how long your stick will make it if you use it frequently like this... . This was also a common problem with the analog-stick of the N64-Controllers

Man
May 1st, 2007, 22:36
This is freaking sweet, i have been waiting for somthing like this ever since my ipod video broke.

Nikolaos
May 1st, 2007, 22:59
cant wait :) looks good so far!

On The Rise
May 1st, 2007, 23:01
this is really sweet nice work looking forward to it.:)

pspfan
May 2nd, 2007, 00:06
Very nice. Maybe it could be expanded to be a complete iPod clone, with all the games, stopwatch, etc. Anyway it looks very nice just like the last release did. I hope the WMP theme will also be included in a new release liek gunntims0103 said.

Edit: Also, if you need another beta tester after the release like you said...I'd be happy to help :D

bpatel4069
May 2nd, 2007, 00:14
wow looks really cool, i dnt have an ipod but an iriver becos the quality is so damn good and no1 knos about it. but i gues it mite be nice to have ipod display for music on the psp looks realy cool ! lol

psp411
May 2nd, 2007, 00:25
this looks really promising... ive been looking for a more user friendly media player w/ the abilities to view lyrics at the same time but i havn't found anything like it... until now (b4, id use irshell w/ the music playing then read the txt docs with its built in bookr function... very cumbersome but it did the work) thank you in advanced Xandu :D :cool:

mike03$$$
May 2nd, 2007, 00:47
It will be hot if it loaded into itunes when in usb mode

dmac
May 2nd, 2007, 01:02
looks awesome..can't wait to get this one.

Video_freak
May 2nd, 2007, 01:12
Are you thinking of any video type support one day?

Looks awesome btw.

Harshboy
May 2nd, 2007, 01:14
Just when i thought that iPod DS Homebrew was teh pwnage, this comes to the face of the World! Woo!

pt9087
May 2nd, 2007, 02:26
Wow keep up the good work dude! i love it!

aznflameboy
May 2nd, 2007, 05:59

Nobody has mention this yet, but any chance of WMA playback? Cuz all my songs r WMA to save space. Ive been waiting for this ever since the first release, Im kinda sad that there still isnt WMA playback, but u did do a great job on it. Thnx Video support would be wicked though but the main thing is music first.

SnesR0X
May 2nd, 2007, 06:11
you should make it support .MKV files :)

dark heart
May 2nd, 2007, 07:05
lookin good Xandu!

-Xandu-
May 2nd, 2007, 07:21
this looks really promising... ive been looking for a more user friendly media player w/ the abilities to view lyrics at the same time but i havn't found anything like it... until now (b4, id use irshell w/ the music playing then read the txt docs with its built in bookr function... very cumbersome but it did the work) thank you in advanced Xandu :D :cool:

XMP2 will eliminate the use of external TXT files, all the lyrics will be shown directly from the MP3 itself ;).

btw, thanks gunntims for the digg :).

aznTerz
May 2nd, 2007, 08:18
lol ive alwaiiz wanted to hav an ipod theme....
every since that fake one... i been realli lookin forward to it....
lol
but anywaiiz i was reallii glad that u implied lyrics.....
alwaiiz wanted to hav a player that could display lyrics...
this is goin to be a wonderfull application....

tvrstl
May 2nd, 2007, 12:46
when is this released?

and is it possible to try any Beta versions??:P

looks real nice:)

looking forward to release;)

-Xandu-
May 2nd, 2007, 13:00
"Coming Soon"

And yes, I'll be needing BETA testers when the first BETA is out .

tvrstl
May 2nd, 2007, 13:12
"Coming Soon"

And yes, I'll be needing BETA testers when the first BETA is out .

I'd like to be one of those;)

ayhoung
May 2nd, 2007, 13:31
d00d gimme gimme gime now!

eldj
May 2nd, 2007, 14:10
looks good, i'd also like to beta test this one, btw does this one have file browsing???,

tvrstl
May 2nd, 2007, 15:36
looks good, i'd also like to beta test this one, btw does this one have file browsing???,

I think he wrote that file browsing were added.

gunntims0103
May 2nd, 2007, 16:38
I would have loved to beta test this -Xandu-, or even try it when it comes out. Unfortunately i have no computer. Im usually on the internet via my Wii or PSP. I hope ill be able to try this soon :)

ish420ism
May 4th, 2007, 03:05
sounds great. avi support, even better

PSPHax0r9
May 4th, 2007, 05:32
Hey Xandu! Great job completely and obviously ripping off the code from youresam's ipodmock, which you scammed an early alpha of!

You are a douchebag. You are usually on the QJ forums, yet, for some ODD reason, you decided to make a thread on dcemu this time. hmm...I wonder why....Oh! Wait! because THE ORIGINAL CODER OF THIS (YOURESAM) GOES ON THE QJ FORUMS. I can't believe how blatant this is, too. Seriously, I would have expected more than changing the font and making the top bar larger. Oh, wait, no I wouldn't.

In conclusion, great job stealing code from an early version of youresam's ipodmock, keep up the great work! :rolleyes:

youresam
May 4th, 2007, 05:33
iPodMock (the code you stole from) still kicks this apps butt.
Mine features everything yours has (how ironic!) except for that crappy lyric support, which you just kinda dumped everything onto the screen...
Oh, and mine has games (breakout, pong), themes (linux theme shown at bottom of post), calendar, tasks, notes, remote support, fullscreen/inscreen visualizer, spatial (surround) sound, ipod transition between menus, USB mode, and other cool goodies.
I cant wait to see how you are the only lua player coder (besides me) in existance to get the scrolling code on your own.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9306/screen516za5.png

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5885/screen979ke1.png

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2504/screen241tj1.png

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6549/screen655vq6.png

To all the non-believers, yes, its real, and its spectacular! (Especially the surround sound mode!)

PSPHax0r9
May 4th, 2007, 05:35
Oh, wait, Xandu, I forgot, you stole a very early version of ipodmock without all the features. Sucks for you.

youresam
May 4th, 2007, 06:06
***the XMP2 theory***

Lets compare images from the video and the ones he posted.
Now Playing
Screenshot
Video
http://img.youresam.com/img/untitled43382.PNG

Library
Screenshot
Video
http://img.youresam.com/img/untitled92313.PNG

RESULTS:
omg look at the size of the font...and like on the library, the video has a shadow and overlaps the next track..
Xandu got lolhax'd

Memento
May 4th, 2007, 08:02
Im getting it but wens it comin out?

aznTerz
May 4th, 2007, 08:20
lol...
youresam sounds jealous though....
no offence.....
but if it was a rip who cares...
as long as it is RELEASED...
lol....
ipodmock didn even hav a proper version release

-Xandu-
May 4th, 2007, 08:44
Hey Xandu! Great job completely and obviously ripping off the code from youresam's ipodmock, which you scammed an early alpha of!

You are a douchebag. You are usually on the QJ forums, yet, for some ODD reason, you decided to make a thread on dcemu this time. hmm...I wonder why....Oh! Wait! because THE ORIGINAL CODER OF THIS (YOURESAM) GOES ON THE QJ FORUMS. I can't believe how blatant this is, too. Seriously, I would have expected more than changing the font and making the top bar larger. Oh, wait, no I wouldn't.

In conclusion, great job stealing code from an early version of youresam's ipodmock, keep up the great work! :rolleyes:

It's not the same you retard....

I haven't stole anything off iPodmock..
Plus XMP1 is already released you can take a look at that :rolleyes:

yongobongo
May 4th, 2007, 10:13
youresam, why dont you take a look at the code when it's released? :) Or even look at XMP 1 if you want..
And at least its going to be released.. :)

Im looking forward to using this :) Keep up the great work

HomerSp
May 4th, 2007, 12:25
***the XMP2 theory***

Lets compare images from the video and the ones he posted.
Now Playing
Screenshot
Video
http://img.youresam.com/img/untitled43382.PNG

Library
Screenshot
Video
http://img.youresam.com/img/untitled92313.PNG

RESULTS:
omg look at the size of the font...and like on the library, the video has a shadow and overlaps the next track..
Xandu got lolhax'd

What's that got to do with anything?? You're saying that the screenshots and video doesn't look the same?
The screenshots are supposed to show basically how it looks and doesn't have to be exact screenshots. Who cares anyway?

And about stealing the code, you have no proof at all that he has stolen code. So before you make false accusations find the facts first.

dejkirkby
May 4th, 2007, 13:06
Having looked at both sites these look really similar, but without a release or source code, youresam hasn't got much in the way of evidence.
BUT, if Xandu did use the code without creditting youresam, (and I say IF) then that's not cool. Not cool at all!

gunntims0103
May 4th, 2007, 13:46
Lets keep it civil in here and not start a conflict, as i liked the way you all at least handled yourselves so far.

my thoughts-

It would indeed be false in my opinion to think that -xandu- stole code because this is a update to his application. Indeed XMP has been out for a while youresam you could easily go check XMP and take a look at the code if you feel so strongly.

Also about Ipodmock youresam have you even put out a release? If you haven't then theres no real reason to get upset. If you did theres still no reason to get upset because theres going to be countless coders who do media player clones and infact some might be identical. The true goal is to get it as close to imitating the theme like Ipod ect.....

Its really nothing to get upset over. Im sure -Xandu- will put a release out soon and clear everything up.

Thank you

-Xandu-
May 4th, 2007, 22:01
Having looked at both sites these look really similar, but without a release or source code, youresam hasn't got much in the way of evidence.
BUT, if Xandu did use the code without creditting youresam, (and I say IF) then that's not cool. Not cool at all!

Well XMP1 is already available for everybody you can take a look at that, youretard can even take a look and compare his code with mine(if he can actually read though).

XMP2 isn't much of a huge update besides bugfixes and lyric support and iPod graphics.

And about graphics, it's not really hard to do Apple graphics in my opinion..

youresam
May 5th, 2007, 00:49
Lets keep it civil in here and not start a conflict, as i liked the way you all at least handled yourselves so far.

my thoughts-

It would indeed be false in my opinion to think that -xandu- stole code because this is a update to his application. Indeed XMP has been out for a while youresam you could easily go check XMP and take a look at the code if you feel so strongly.

Also about Ipodmock youresam have you even put out a release? If you haven't then theres no real reason to get upset. If you did theres still no reason to get upset because theres going to be countless coders who do media player clones and infact some might be identical. The true goal is to get it as close to imitating the theme like Ipod ect.....

Its really nothing to get upset over. Im sure -Xandu- will put a release out soon and clear everything up.

Thank you
Yes, there is, because he stole an early version of it and I dont want its code being released.

When this thing is released, I'm on to you...

gunntims0103
May 5th, 2007, 01:43
Youresam, you do know that a piece of code can be figured out by someone who knows how to "code". Its just basic problem solving. Your givin a problem in your code or an optimazation that you want to implament into your code. A "coder" will find a way to implament what he wants by using the knowledge of the language and uderstanding how to tactically use the syntax to your advantage. Now on your scrolling code. youresam did you ever think that maybe someone else could figure out how to use it in there application by thinking of coming up with a solution? Even if he did use a scrolling code its something that someone with knowledge of the language could come up with for a project there doing on there own. You can't deem a "fragment" of "code". Your "code". It doesn't make sense.

-back on topic-

mike03$$$
May 5th, 2007, 05:28
Youresam your a nice coder but your ipodmack is simply sloppy look at the font and everything if you want to make a better ipod theme or mock as you say then take your time and code to make it the best you can even though you have much more compadablity like pong and solitare make it much neater so people can download and fool people in their schools or wherever right now as I speak I say xandus ipod theme is the best and every detail is correct with fonts and blue strip

lilcrazyaznboy
May 5th, 2007, 05:58
Very Nice!!!!!... I still want to know if theres a music playlist support for it yet. If there is, this homebrew is rockin!!!!!!.

lilcrazyaznboy
May 5th, 2007, 06:43
Replying to yoursam... If you got proof that xandu stole your code, thats find with me and all of us, because even if he did stole your code he have the nerve to release his homebrew... Did you ever thought about releasing your ipod mock?????... Nobody think so. Plzzz keep your bad comments to yourself...

Im Still looking forward for this release tho... Hahaha

lilcrazyaznboy
May 5th, 2007, 07:08
Ps... If im a coder. I would steal everything off of yall, but im not. So i guess you can consider yourself lucky.

Still Needs playlist EDITOR on the homebrew. Being able to select songs in the order you want. Saving these playlist might also be handy too. Mp3 fast forward+Rewind, wma support, music shuffle, Remote controll Support, And more... Imma think of something tomorrow. I'll Be Back.

If people need help coding playlist for their psp, plzzz consider the ipod, and the windows media player. Should i explain what a playlist is???????? or should i wait until the next release of this???

Plzzz... Add all of these because this homebrew is going to be so cool.

I hope xandu reads this because he can make this homebrew worth the download...

aznTerz
May 5th, 2007, 07:17
yeh i kno... ive been lookin at this thread for ages....
cant wait for it to come out....

F9zDark
May 5th, 2007, 07:18
As much as I'd like playlist support, this media player has my download. I got the first release of XMP and I intend on getting the second.

Looks great Xandu, keep it up. Hopefully you'll get a chance to throw in some WMA support before release?

SnesR0X
May 5th, 2007, 07:45
this idiot just triple posted, please ban him!

lilcrazyaznboy that is

-Xandu-
May 5th, 2007, 08:26
What scrolling code? You mean the iPod scroll wheel?

That's pretty easy, I can explain it all here right now if you want.

dejkirkby
May 5th, 2007, 09:22
Well XMP1 is already available for everybody you can take a look at that, youretard can even take a look and compare his code with mine(if he can actually read though).

XMP2 isn't much of a huge update besides bugfixes and lyric support and iPod graphics.

And about graphics, it's not really hard to do Apple graphics in my opinion..

Easy Tiger, don't be shooting the messenger. IMO, it is on youresam to PROVE you used "his" code.
I personally love XMP, it is a great app, and I agree that if you both were coding an iPod lookalike then they will look the same.
All I was saying was IF you stole his "code" then that wasn't cool.

aznTerz
May 5th, 2007, 13:35
heyz... i was just wondering....
i wanna see this media player realli soon....
wen is it goin to be released....?
i hope it 2moz along with daedalus r11...
which is suppose to be released this weekend...
but anywaiiz... dw lah....
continue with ur media player.... and make it the best one out there

Zion
May 5th, 2007, 19:25
Easy Tiger, don't be shooting the messenger. IMO, it is on youresam to PROVE you used "his" code.
I personally love XMP, it is a great app, and I agree that if you both were coding an iPod lookalike then they will look the same.
All I was saying was IF you stole his "code" then that wasn't cool.

i agree, XMP is a great app.

@ Yoursam

But really we need to think about this logically.

1 - Yoursam said he has never released it (so im asuming that means not publicly or privately)

So how could he have stolen your code when you never even made it availible to steal?

2 - I know your a proven coder (your more well known at QJ than here) but whos to say ipodmock is even real?

3 - how are you the only coder in the scene that has the talent to code a ipod scrollwheel effect? just to prove how lame that statement was, if you want i will code a ipod scrollwheel effect right now just to prove that was pure bull.

I could turn round and say ive coded this ipod like app for the psp but im not releasing it. who couldn't? I could also then turn around and say "hey you stole my code", even though i only said i made it (no physical proof)

So maybe its time to "put up or shut up" yoursam.

thats my 2 cents on the matter

SWTR392
May 5th, 2007, 20:34
Zion is totaly correct but please no argue with people this is very good application.

lilcrazyaznboy
May 5th, 2007, 22:03
stfu snesrox!!!!, you are not the boss of this site, You cant tell me what i can, and what i cant do. You retard. If i want to post how much comments i want in this site i can. This is a free site, you dumb punk.

I hope they ban you!!!!! for good!!!!!

gunntims0103
May 5th, 2007, 22:25
stfu snesrox!!!!, you are not the boss of this site, You cant tell me what i can, and what i cant do. You retard. If i want to post how much comments i want in this site i can. This is a free site, you dumb punk.

I hope they ban you!!!!! for good!!!!!

Actually you should have gotten a infraction for that triple post. Next time be sure to use the Edit button under your post if you wish to add something right after posting. Also theres no need to be angry or get upset, what you just did is called trolling and will not be acceptable here. Everyone please get along, im growing wiery of calming down such trivial quarrels. Next time infractions will be handed out. Thank you

-back on topic-

carlitx
May 6th, 2007, 01:19
dude i like, i love it i want some more of it :D:D well i just cant wait soon as i get my 4 gig MS and u release this im all over it like blood on my sword

On The Rise
May 6th, 2007, 03:27
-Xandu- says that every thing is going along and smooth. All that he has to do is to fix some little bugs and he will release it shortly. R11 and this will be a great week of homebrew for the psp.

PS: @ youresam no offense but u might want to take a look at your so called ipod mock doesn't even look like an ipodmock

lilcrazyaznboy
May 6th, 2007, 05:02
This homebrew looks really exciting..

aznTerz
May 6th, 2007, 05:03
heyz.. i agree to above....
ipodmock looked reallii bad...
its looks reallii rough...
no offence....
it seriously doesnt look like an ipod theme
but anywaiiz...
cant wait for -xandu's media player- to be released

lilcrazyaznboy
May 6th, 2007, 05:05
When is it coming out????

I hope it comes out pretty soon...

Maybe it can be a really good media player homebrew in the future....

I can't wait until it release... I am really really addicted to this homebrew... hehe

Ipod mock looks really crappy. I hope he release it to determine which is better.. i prefer xandu's media player.

aznTerz
May 6th, 2007, 08:04
yep

lilcrazyaznboy
May 6th, 2007, 09:06
Sup aznterz. You c all these low lives disrespecting me becuzz im azn. They want to ban all the azn in here. All i did was wanting to help xandu what should he add in his next release, but instead i end up having bad comments about me. Don't all u people know that if there wasn't no azn people, there would be no psp for all of yall, lol. So show some respect for all the asian community or leave your bad comments to urself, peace.

dejkirkby
May 6th, 2007, 09:12
Sup aznterz. You c all these low lives disrespecting me becuzz im azn. They want to ban all the azn in here. All i did was wanting to help xandu what should he add in his next release, but instead i end up having bad comments about me. Don't all u people know that if there wasn't no azn people, there would be no psp for all of yall, lol. So show some respect for all the asian community or leave your bad comments to urself, peace.
It has absolutely NOTHING to do with you being asian, it has to do with you trying to cause arguments and double, triple and not quint-posting. It seems you are TRYING to defy the rules on purpose. This may be allowed at other sites, but it doesn't here.
I'm sure Xandu appreciates your goodwill, but you are blatantly attempting to restart flames, which can only be bad for XMP2.
Please grow up.
And using the race card. NOT COOL!

lilcrazyaznboy
May 6th, 2007, 09:42
To djkirby. Grow up!!, you telling me to grow up!!!? It seems to me you need to grow up. You need to face the facts that so what if i tripple or quadruple my comments. Who r u to judge. My comments are reserved for xandu and for my friends that i'm making in here only. And who r u to tell me to play the rules. There are no rules saying what i can and what i cant do, man grow up. pssss anotha azn hater. Grow up!!!!

-Xandu-
May 6th, 2007, 12:45
People, please stop flaming each other, I don't want this turned into something like Zion's threads (no offence).

And lilcrazyaznboy, please stop your multiple posts... It'll be released when it's ready.

Keep it clean people ;).

aznTerz
May 6th, 2007, 13:00
sure xandu... lol
sorri if im being reallii annoying
but do u hav a release date in mind?

gunntims0103
May 6th, 2007, 15:26
geez..... any more flaming in this thread and il hand out some serious infractions.

ps. lilcrazyaznboy, if you ever post 5 times in a row like that on purpose. Il ban you!

-back on topic-

lilcrazyaznboy
May 6th, 2007, 22:16
alrighty then guntims0103!!!!.. I guess it was a little my fault, i apologize hehe.......

Anywayz back to the topic...

So xandu, hows the media player???... Is it turning out great???.

Thomly
May 7th, 2007, 21:08
Hey Xandu,

I just saw your XMP2, and i immidiatly fell in love with it... (and that didn't happen with youresam's ipod mock)

I would really want to beta test this, if you need some more beta testers.
I am waiting for a future release...

Thomly

jason215
May 8th, 2007, 06:41
so how is your media player coming along ? where all waiting ^^ so keep up the work.

And id love to beta test

-- What "coding language u used" ?

aznTerz
May 8th, 2007, 13:35
heyz... good question....
wat coding language do u use?

Cloudhunter
May 8th, 2007, 14:59
Sigh...

The only way we will truly know if stolen code was used, will be when the media player is released.

As it happens, I just think it is a coincidence, and if you are using the same theme, no wonder it looks the same?

youresam: Why are you boasting how good ipodmock is, when you aren't, and haven't released it? I respect why you haven't released it, but there is no reason to say why your app kicks his apps but.

So lets stop the flaming eh?

Cloudy

jason215
May 8th, 2007, 20:26
i totaly agree with Cloudhunter if u could some compare the code then we will believe it but he
nvm XD

aznTerz
May 9th, 2007, 13:36
heyz.... i cant wait for this media player....
i look at this page like everydaii lol

Thomly
May 9th, 2007, 18:35
I know perfectly what you mean aznTerz, this media player is as hot as can be!
-Xandu- You are my man!

-Xandu-
May 9th, 2007, 18:48
Little screenshot from inside XMP2:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap.png

This is not the final look btw.

And for all of you XMP lovers ;), it may take awhile before it's released, sorry.

I have exams this month and I still have features undone in XMP2.
So don't worry, it'll be released soon, with more and better features :).

lilcrazyaznboy
May 10th, 2007, 04:13
Wow!!!, Cool. Anywayz, take your time xandu!!!, I hope the features are really cool. Im glad to wait.

pspfan
May 10th, 2007, 04:28
Little screenshot from inside XMP2:

This is not the final look btw.

And for all of you XMP lovers ;), it may take awhile before it's released, sorry.

I have exams this month and I still have features undone in XMP2.
So don't worry, it'll be released soon, with more and better features :).

How come that one doesn't have a time bar at the bottom like the one on the first page? Looking good, though. Still looking forward to it.

youresam
May 10th, 2007, 04:39
OMG <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
THANK YOU XANDU FOR CREATING SUCH A GREAT PROGRAM!!
I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL IT COMES OUT!!!!!
YOU ROCK!!!!
THIS ISNT FAKE!!!

(ps, the screenshots were made in photoshop)

Gizmo356
May 10th, 2007, 04:56
OMG <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
YOU ROCK!!!!
THIS ISNT FAKE!!!

You really need to stop this, when Xandu's media player is released you can take a look at the code and either prove or disprove that he is stealing your code.

gunntims0103
May 10th, 2007, 05:01
-if anyone trolls or starts trouble in this thread, i will not hesitate to give out infractions. Back on topic-

I can't wait for a release -Xandu-

jason215
May 10th, 2007, 06:37
me 2 rooting for ya baby ;)

@Youresam could you please stop

1. you dont have any proof and still your claiming he "stoled" it

2. You don't even know what Coding Language he used.

3. You dont have the source of XMP2 So how could you know

4. You never released your ipodmock so how do we know its even real .

Blah.

-Xandu-
May 10th, 2007, 12:24
How come that one doesn't have a time bar at the bottom like the one on the first page? Looking good, though. Still looking forward to it.

I said this is not FINAL.

OMG <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
YOU ROCK!!!!
THIS ISNT FAKE!!!

This screenshot is not made with Photoshop and is real.
But, the ones on the first posts are, since they are concept art..

You'll see yourself when it's released ;), glad you like it youresam :p.

Thanks for the positive post jason215, gunntims.

gorkagb_89
May 10th, 2007, 17:13
I hope you're able to make it look as simmilar as the images in the first page, I mean, with time bar and the number of the song. Anyway it looks great!
If you need any beta testers please don't doubt on asking me to be one. thanks a lot and keep working on it when you finish your exams!

Zion
May 10th, 2007, 18:43
Im starting to think yoursam is right.

Xandu is a ****ing ungratefull prick whos head is so far up his own ass he cant see how much of a lying ungratefull asshole he is.

I cant wait until he releases this so we can all see how he stole ipodmocs code.

Unless he uses that encypter he is making so you cant access the code.

I wonder why that is?

pspfan
May 10th, 2007, 22:49
Zion, what changed in your relationship with youresam? At first you were completely with Xandu wanting to beta test this and you were arguing against youresam. Now the complete opposite. What happened?

Anyway, like I said, I'm looking forward to it. If he stole code it'll be found out. And honestly I just want a release of it be it ipodmock or this.

-Xandu-
May 10th, 2007, 22:54
Zion, what changed in your relationship with youresam? At first you were completely with Xandu wanting to beta test this and you were arguing against youresam. Now the complete opposite. What happened?

Anyway, like I said, I'm looking forward to it. If he stole code it'll be found out. And honestly I just want a release of it be it ipodmock or this.

Well the truth is,

Zion thinks "I'm being mean to him", so he got really mad and blocked me :confused: .

He also posted childish posts over at his forum by "Xandu" (not me).

So Zion, like everyone says, grow up.

HomerSp
May 10th, 2007, 23:01
Im starting to think yoursam is right.

Xandu is a ****ing ungratefull prick whos head is so far up his own ass he cant see how much of a lying ungratefull asshole he is.

I cant wait until he releases this so we can all see how he stole ipodmocs code.

Unless he uses that encypter he is making so you cant access the code.

I wonder why that is?

What are you trying to prove Zion? MTZ is used for packaging, not security. Which makes the XMP folder look cleaner.
I can release the mtz packer/unpacker to everyone if you'd like.

I did actually trust you for a while Zion, but not anymore.

Zion
May 10th, 2007, 23:15
Well the truth is,

Zion thinks "I'm being mean to him", so he got really mad and blocked me :confused: .

He also posted childish posts over at his forum by "Xandu" (not me).

So Zion, like everyone says, grow up.

ermmn no i didnt post anything in your name at zionmax, that was you.

And no your just a ungratefull asshole, i did loads for you and you threw it back in my face like a little baby .

grow up you loser

also i loved the pm you sent me on zionmax under the name lolhax

i quote this and it was from your ip.

"Say goodbye to Zionmax, Zion

You've been gay to me, you posted crap while I didn't post anything on you.

Alright fine then, I didn't want it to end this way.

--Xandu."

nice guy, you couldnt hack a lump of wood nevermind my site, so stfu.

+ youd have martin and dcemu to answer to (its there server) if you even attempted it you ****

kettle
May 10th, 2007, 23:28
I checked the posting ip on zionmax, and it matched your ip" it wasnt zion or anyone else who posted there it was you. :eek:

fake little bastard u need to sort ur life out baby :)

HomerSp
May 10th, 2007, 23:29
I checked the posting ip on zionmax, and it matched your ip" it wasnt zion or anyone else who posted there it was you. :eek:

fake little bastard u need to sort ur life out baby :)

Ehm, you don't think Zion could edit the post without the ip being changed?

iceman 47
May 10th, 2007, 23:30
now stop the fighting every body knos you both r losers. jus kidding

Zion
May 10th, 2007, 23:30
Ehm, you don't think Zion could edit the post without the ip being changed?

it was his ip, why the **** are you even commenting on this it has nothing to do with you so **** off

HomerSp
May 10th, 2007, 23:34
it was his ip, why the **** are you even commenting on this it has nothing to do with you so **** off

Ever heard of a thing called friends? I suppose you haven't you lonely ****.

And why would he post such a thing in the first place? You're the one who has a problem, not him.

(Sorry for the rough language, but I feel like it's required)

Zion
May 10th, 2007, 23:37
Ever heard of a thing called friends? I suppose you haven't you lonely ****.

And why would he post such a thing in the first place? You're the one who has a problem, not him.

(Sorry for the rough language, but I feel like it's required)

ermm i have a life, thats why i was helping him. but he obviously didnt appriciate it.

And how do i know, maybe he has mental issues? he must do if he doesnt appriciate help.

as i said, this isnt about you so please **** off and go back to your own lonley life you loser

wraggster
May 10th, 2007, 23:39
I suggest that those flaming stop now or be banned, these forums are for friendly discussion anyone breaking rules will be dealt with and after a long day i have an itchy ban finger

kettle
May 10th, 2007, 23:40
go homersp suck more xandu's cock i think ur having a nice taste right kiddie :P and y dont u just stfu ? kid get a life

sroon
May 10th, 2007, 23:44
homer why are you going on at zion, he never mentioned you in the first place , and xandu it seems ive misjudged you, saying your going to hack zionmax isnt funny and i think you deserve to be banned for saying that

( O ) ( O )

lilcrazyaznboy
May 10th, 2007, 23:54
How old are you people??

sroon
May 11th, 2007, 00:04
Old enough to know that Xandu is a cheating idiot..
Zion is well trusted here and we all know that.

( O ) ( O )

Ice_Cold
May 11th, 2007, 00:08
xandu, just cus ur annoyed that people found out u stole ipodmocks code is no reason to flame zion.

hes coded way more than u and is a proven dev here, your just some noob who joined here after gettin banned from qj

asshole i hope u get banned here 2.

lilcrazyaznboy
May 11th, 2007, 00:14
If he cheats, he cheats. Matter a fact, i just cheated on my math test today. I got an AT, I think i deserve it. Well, about the xandu media's player, atleast he releasing it to show how the ipod mode works on the psp. Yoursam didnt even bother releasing his crap because is fake.

So Plzzz...kids, stop the fighting in here and act like young adults.. ... I know i will.

Ps. Sroon, you do look old enough. The picture right beside you look like a 26 year old. I hope that's not you.

-Xandu-
May 11th, 2007, 00:22
XMP2 is released:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62801

Zion
May 11th, 2007, 00:23
If he cheats, he cheats.

what so if your girlfreind ****s me its ok?

cheaters suck

wraggster
May 11th, 2007, 00:25
Did i not warn that flaming will result in bans ?

sroon
May 11th, 2007, 00:26
ermm im not a kid, adults argue you know moron.

+ im not 26 so thanks for insulting me dick wad.

and ipodmock is real, people have tested it so get your facts straight before making yourself look like a noob

btw
your mother certainly was calling me a adult last night
Zion why even bother man these kids arent even men they dont even have a gf for fart sakes
u sir deff need to get laid all u lil freaks are so into yer damned kiddy ipod n video games shiit u really need to get out more::P its fu nny i havent posted here in monthes cuz im out while u lil faags are crying for some gay psp thing lol be ashamed...

and ask yer mom how it went:) boy is she tight n loud:D

Bye peoples:)
( O ) ( O )

lilcrazyaznboy
May 11th, 2007, 00:31
:rofl: Oh, well my girlfriend is not a lesbian. What the heck a lesbian doing in this thread anywayz..
Must be a he she.

I don't care, i think im in love with zion. I guess imma cheat on my girl.

Zion, baby girl, whats your 7 digits. What do i get to do with you for 5 dollars. Perhaps a sucky sucky. ;)

Zion
May 11th, 2007, 00:34
wow i lost my rep points, talk about not having the freedom of speech.

i wont be able to sleep tonight now :rolleyes:

:rofl:

btw release proved nothing, mp3s wont play, its nothing like the screenshot and crashes all the time.

overhyped app

XioN980
May 11th, 2007, 00:36
sroon: I've seen punk ass 13 year olds that use that overused "How-your-mum-was-thinng" it doesn't make you an adult, it makes you look like a try-hard

Children: Calm down and get on subject

HomerSp
May 11th, 2007, 00:38
wow i lost my rep points, talk about not having the freedom of speech.

i wont be able to sleep tonight now :rolleyes:

:rofl:

btw release proved nothing, mp3s wont play, its nothing like the screenshot and crashes all the time.

overhyped app
Dude, see the "incomplete"? That means that it isn't complete and it was released mainly to shut your yapper.

Zion
May 11th, 2007, 00:42
rofl incomplete, you cant call it a player.

why on earth release it like that.

it has proven nothing + wouldnt even play mp3s for me

lilcrazyaznboy
May 11th, 2007, 00:44
thank you!!!!, 100% agree with xion980. Psssss. Enough with the yo momma jokes. My mother would never sleep with sroon in a million years. That dude is ugly as hell. Looks like i shit him out when i take a mean crap. Lol... Nuff said.

Cloudhunter
May 11th, 2007, 00:51
This is EXACTLY what is wrong with this PSP scene. Someone can't even devellop their own application without being accused of stealing etc.

It's just so ****ing wrong.

This scene is full of immature little kids who think that people owe them, for making applications they can use.

Xandu, don't waste your coding skills. Go spend it on something that will be appreciated.

Cloudy

Zion
May 11th, 2007, 00:53
Xandu, don't waste your coding skills. Go spend it on something that will be appreciated.

Cloudy

what coding skills his player wont even play songs :rofl:

lilcrazyaznboy
May 11th, 2007, 01:05
Wow sroon, You a one lucky ugly bastard. Damn, it doesn't seems chicks go for you. You doesn't look anything like a model. I just asked my mother to come and take a look at your picture because you said you had bang my mother. Guess what... My mother had told me that you are the ugliest human being alive, and that she would rather bang 50 cent instead of you. I almost crap my pants. My mother is hilarious hehe... Lol.

lilcrazyaznboy
May 11th, 2007, 01:07
You should change your pic dawg. i outta smoke you into dust.

Ice_Cold
May 11th, 2007, 01:12
rofl, your mother would be lucky to have someone like sroon.

mind you she would probably crush him if she went on top ;)

gunntims0103
May 11th, 2007, 01:35
lilcrazyaznboy and ice_cold, you both get infractions for derailing a thread while serious discussion is going on.

-Back on topic-

lilcrazyaznboy
May 11th, 2007, 01:37
Ice Cold, You talk to much with your bad english skills. You need to stfu once in a while. Go out and get a life dawg. You have nothing to say about my mother on top or whatever, You aint know my mom. You retard piece of crap. I oughtta slit your throat and feed it to your momma. F**k, sroon, F**k Ice cold. I hope you die!!!. Mother F**kers

gunntims0103
May 11th, 2007, 01:40
Ice Cold, You talk to much with your bad english skills. You need to stfu once in a while. Go out and get a life dawg. You have nothing to say about my mother on top or whatever, You aint know my mom. You retard piece of crap. I oughtta slit your throat and feed it to your momma. F**k, sroon, F**k Ice cold. I hope you die!!!. Mother F**kers

banned!

-back on topic-

Cynidez
May 11th, 2007, 01:44
its released now anyway , lock the thread, nothing else can be said

Cloudhunter
May 11th, 2007, 01:48
Nah, only a preview has been released and the other thread has been locked anyway.

jamotto
May 11th, 2007, 01:48
Thanks Xandu for the media player. I realize it's incomplete, but after messing with the menu's for a bit I got it playing some mp3's and seems to work ok. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Cloudhunter
May 11th, 2007, 01:53
Thanks Xandu for the media player. I realize it's incomplete, but after messing with the menu's for a bit I got it playing some mp3's and seems to work ok. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Please enlighten me how you got the files playing?

Btw Xandu, I tried it with more files and it works alot better now :) Still won't play MP3's yet, but i'm sure it's just a small bug.

Cloudy

Auriman1
May 11th, 2007, 01:59
The incomplete version played mp3 files fine for me. Specific info: 3.40oe, put folders into game150, my music's in PSP/Music/, and have 524 mp3 tracks (128 kbps)

Just wondering, is there any plans to implement a shuffle feature in the complete release?

Cloudhunter
May 11th, 2007, 02:08
Ah, I realised where my problem lay. I altered the script to read from /MUSIC/ where, the early version is hardcoded to /PSP/MUSIC ;)

I since fixed that, and I can say it plays the MP3's nice :) Needs some interface work, and the MP3's I tried play choppy (Although, could be due to pikey), but other than that it seems good :)

Cloudy

F9zDark
May 11th, 2007, 02:09
Wow this is just really, really sad... So many people flaming and arguing for nothing. Just give it a rest already god dammit. Xandu is a fine coder and XMP1 proves that and while I haven't tried the incomplete XMP2 I have faith that one day it will be finished and great and will have a firm place on my 4 gigabyte stick.

Whats even worse is how other coders are sitting here flaming as well. Honestly guys, these scenes are full of too many critics to be critical of EACH OTHER. Constructive criticism is one thing, but this is just counterproductive...

If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all.

jamotto
May 11th, 2007, 02:13
Please enlighten me how you got the files playing?
Cloudy

the X button opens a directory and the O button plays an mp3 file. The menu's highlighter seems to be off by one. I have to scroll down with the d pad once to get to the first directory that I store my music in.

Cloudhunter
May 11th, 2007, 02:32
Wow this is just really, really sad... So many people flaming and arguing for nothing. Just give it a rest already god dammit. Xandu is a fine coder and XMP1 proves that and while I haven't tried the incomplete XMP2 I have faith that one day it will be finished and great and will have a firm place on my 4 gigabyte stick.

Whats even worse is how other coders are sitting here flaming as well. Honestly guys, these scenes are full of too many critics to be critical of EACH OTHER. Constructive criticism is one thing, but this is just counterproductive...

If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all.

Amen to that ;)

My aformentioned problem with choppy sound, was indeed due to pikey. I've since uninstalled it from flash, and it works fine :)

Cloudy

ICE
May 11th, 2007, 03:53
lets just face it. some of the people here are very immature. flaming someone for not liking something he MADE FOR THEM FOR FREE. pathetic.

so what if it wasnt perfect. forcing each other into releasing projects before completion.. pathetic.

why would he fake a picture of something he couldnt even make? if it was fake that was most likely the a preview for the final build but he was flamed and forced into this.

ive lost respect for several members today.

DimensionT
May 11th, 2007, 03:58
This is EXACTLY what is wrong with this PSP scene. Someone can't even devellop their own application without being accused of stealing etc.

This scene is full of immature little kids who think that people owe them, for making applications they can use.

Cloudy

This is very true... Sad, but true (Wooo Metallica! :p).

I follow the DS scene far more the the PSP scene, and I hardly ever come across threads like this. Everyone in the DS scene is extremely helpful and good natured towards one another, which is how it should be.

The rants on this thread have no point. People complain that it's not functional, when it's blatently been label incomplete by Xandu.

Flaming a coder for posting something incomplete, is like flaming a game company for releasing a game later then you want it to come out.

Sorry for being off topic, but I felt that I needed to say something.

Anyway, keep up the good work Xandu! Don't listen to all the idiot kids with petty quarrels. Doing so only takes time away from you that you could be using to code this awesome app! :thumbup:

aznTerz
May 11th, 2007, 08:33
yep yep....
xandu plz continue on the media player....
forget about the flaming peoples...
they are like all bsing....
anywaiiz.... cant wait for the final version....
the incomplete version actually looks pretty good.....
keep goin.... lol

-Xandu-
May 11th, 2007, 09:01
Thanks for the positive post, I appreciate it. :).

And yes, these people will keep flaming because Zion tells them to, he wants revenge.

I fixed the bug that doesn't play MP3s and I'm now uploading :D.

aznTerz
May 11th, 2007, 09:15
omg lol
thankz -xandu-
lookin forward to ur next release

-Xandu-
May 11th, 2007, 09:16
Here's XMP fixed,

Controls:

Library controls:
O - Play current song
X - Enter Directory
Dpad- go up and down

Now Playing controls:
O - Resume Mp3
X - Pause Mp3
[]- Stop Mp3
/\ - View Lyrics (not complete so will chop MP3 badly)
Dpad right - Next song
Dpad left - Prev song
Rtrig - Go back to library

Mp3 play doesn't chop for me atleast, if you have any other plugins/applications please shut them down ;).

Upload fixed now, redownload

aznTerz
May 11th, 2007, 09:23
heyz....
i tested the incomplete version before.....
in my game menu there is lua player and another eboot....
and wen i just click on the normal eboot it just doesnt load anything...
is there suppose to be a lua player there?

-Xandu-
May 11th, 2007, 10:58
Known bugs:
Seeing as this is an INCOMPLETE version and was only released to view code, here are the bugs you may find and are fixed in the unreleased version:

-Some Mp3s crash(Big album art or huge file size)
-Analog control is a bit slow
-Mp3 time doesn't reset
-Music has to be in PSP/MUSIC, in the unreleased version it checks if PSP/MUSIC is empty then redirects to ms0:/MUSIC.
-Lyrics unfunctional

All this bugs will be fixed and released in a Perfect version soon :).

aznTerz
May 11th, 2007, 11:05
i don kno if this is a bug but.....
wen u enter a folder and scroll all the way to the end...
it freezes ur psp and u hav to reboot it....

anywaiiz....
love this media player

Buddy4point0
May 11th, 2007, 11:46
and i def just game xandu his 3rd red dot

Thomly
May 11th, 2007, 16:22
-Xandu-, nice media player.

Don't listen to all the guys with their negative posts, just keep working on it, and i'm sure you will earn some more respect here.

You already have mine.

DPyro
May 11th, 2007, 18:01
I don't get it...this only plays MP3's? Why would I want a separate app to do that when the PSP does it out of the box...

F9zDark
May 11th, 2007, 18:25
Its going to support many more formats, but since people kept bitching, Xandu released it early to shut them up.

-Xandu-
May 11th, 2007, 21:32
It plays MP3s, WAVs, OGG, MOD,S3M, IT, MTM at the moment, more formats will be added later.

Plus, this player will feature Lyrics, visualizer and more in the future ;).

Sup Psp
May 11th, 2007, 22:40
Hopefully a playlist will be added in the future... Im confuse.......

What firmware do this homebrew supports???... I can't get it to open, it always says game corrupt...

aznTerz
May 12th, 2007, 09:03
heyz.... i love the incomplete version alreadii....
cant imagine how good the complete version is....
cant wait.... lol
thankz -xandu-

XioN980
May 12th, 2007, 14:10
nice release of ipod hack media player

-Xandu-
May 12th, 2007, 14:42
nice release of ipod hack media player

Lol, nice name(ipodhack) :p.

I'm adding iPod menu transitions soon :) .

rougexiii
May 12th, 2007, 18:48
This is an amazing media player.
I wanted to buy a mp3 player, but with your homebrew, i won't, thanks ;)

chomy77
May 12th, 2007, 20:34
Waouh !! Congratulations ! It seems so great !! And it plays so much music formats !!!! Very Good Job !Can't wait till a release !!!!!

Sup Psp
May 13th, 2007, 00:04
Plzzz Guyzzz... I need help!!!!!. I cannot get this application to open, it always says this game cannot be started.

My psp firmware is 1.50.

Do i have to redownload the xandu media player 1 first or what????

Plz reply....

aznTerz
May 13th, 2007, 07:18
heyz....
i couldnt get this to work by just opening it....
i had to go into irshell and open the actual eboot

heyz... i just editted the eboots....
and now i think i should work for 1.5
i tested it for mine and worked....
so if anyone wants it....
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UM9S5VST

aznTerz
May 13th, 2007, 08:34
heyz... sorri for the double post....
but i just made theses icons for the
xandu media player....
can i just ask is it violating any copyright or anything??

http://www.Photo-Host.org/thumb/102430untitled.png (http://www.Photo-Host.org/view/102430untitled.png)

-Xandu-
May 13th, 2007, 10:04
Cool icons, yeah you can use them ;). But only for the INCOMPLETE version as I'm going to do ones for the perfect version.

PS: The "FIXED version" appears to be broken :confused:.

I'll fix it later today.

aznTerz
May 13th, 2007, 11:13
lol... thankz...
i guess it looks ok...
since it is the first time ive done something like that....
so not realli good at making them....
but anywaiiz....
xandu hav u done any improvements in ur media player yet?

umECD
May 13th, 2007, 18:49
Hey Xandu!

Your player is nice. Could you maybe add Cuesheet (*.cue) support to your player?

PERFORMER "Chicane"
TITLE "Live in Palladium (22.01.2000)"
FILE "Chicane - Live in Palladium (22.01.2000).mp3" MP3
TRACK 01 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Chicane"
TITLE "Intro"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Chicane"
TITLE "Halycon"
INDEX 01 01:00:23
TRACK 03 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Chicane"
TITLE "Saltwater (Tomski vs Disco Citizens Live Palladium Mix)"
INDEX 01 10:54:40
TRACK 04 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Chicane"
TITLE "Don't Give Up (Tomski Vs. Disco Citizens Instrumental)"
INDEX 01 21:59:26
TRACK 05 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Chicane"
TITLE "Offshore"
INDEX 01 32:53:11
TRACK 06 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Chicane"
TITLE "Mojave (not available elsewhere)"
INDEX 01 43:04:64
TRACK 07 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Chicane"
TITLE "Saltwater (Original Edit)"
INDEX 01 51:58:39

Cuesheet Syntax Infos (http://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/cdburnadv4.html)

Thank you... ;)

djinglammas
May 13th, 2007, 18:58
I <3 Sex

djinglammas
May 13th, 2007, 18:58
I <3 Sex

gorkagb_89
May 13th, 2007, 20:25
umECD, could you explain what Cuesheet (*.cue) exactly is? thank you!

umECD
May 13th, 2007, 21:09
A Cuesheet is something like a playlist. If you have a big mp3, an album or a liveset, you can load the cuesheet into a mp3 player (which support *.cue) and switch between the tracks in the set, gapfree of course. So you don't need to split the mp3 into single mp3 files...

You can also use the Cuesheet to burn the mp3 on an Audio CD, so that you can also switch between the tracks.

See this link (http://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/cdburnadv4.html) for more info.

Here (http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/downloads.xml) you can find a Cue Plugin for Winamp (http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/downloads.xml).

gorkagb_89
May 13th, 2007, 21:28
ok thanks, I think now I understand what cuesheet is

Sup Psp
May 13th, 2007, 21:29
heyz....
i couldnt get this to work by just opening it....
i had to go into irshell and open the actual eboot

heyz... i just editted the eboots....
and now i think i should work for 1.5
i tested it for mine and worked....
so if anyone wants it....
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UM9S5VST

Yo thanks, Aznterz... You are very helpful. I finally got this hombrew to open....Hahaha...

Ir Shellz Rulez!!!!!... Anywayz.. About the homebrew... Whoa!!!!, it needs alot to do to get it to complete, it is very incomplete.. I hope the complete version is so much better, and i hope it has alot of features too!!!. I cannot say i like the media player just yet.. Srry, but maybe the complete version is going to be so cool

aznTerz
May 14th, 2007, 08:41
Yo thanks, Aznterz... You are very helpful. I finally got this hombrew to open....Hahaha...

Ir Shellz Rulez!!!!!... Anywayz.. About the homebrew... Whoa!!!!, it needs alot to do to get it to complete, it is very incomplete.. I hope the complete version is so much better, and i hope it has alot of features too!!!. I cannot say i like the media player just yet.. Srry, but maybe the complete version is going to be so cool

heyz no problem.....
this is such a great application....
a shame to miss out lol....
anywaiiz... cant wait for next release
hopefully its goin to be real soon

jason215
May 14th, 2007, 10:57
hey, xandu i tried your mediplayer Im in love with it omg.

i hope you finish your app two tumbs up :P

Cloudy

Your Absolutly Right Let those retards talk your a great coder Keep it up

aznTerz
May 14th, 2007, 12:59
cant wait for release.....
i just keep lookin bak at this thread after
like 2 seconds.... lol
me and my friend are so lookin forward to think
media player.....
hope a release is coming real soon....
xandu it would be good if u could keep us updated.....
but dw lah

sorri.... i kno im annoyin XD

Gizmo356
May 14th, 2007, 13:02
cant wait for release.....
i just keep lookin bak at this thread after
like 2 seconds.... lol
me and my friend are so lookin forward to think
media player.....
hope a release is coming real soon....
xandu it would be good if u could keep us updated.....
but dw lah

sorri.... i kno im annoyin XD

Are you a girl?

aznTerz
May 14th, 2007, 13:04
nope

Milleniumas
May 14th, 2007, 14:16
I remember one thing exactly from this forum. When I wrote critisim about Zions talk where he stayted that he will code something amazing if forum users will donate money for psp I wrote that I will code better program/game than his if someone will donate me a psp. Even thought I was flammed a lot about my words, I realised that sometimes this forum has the herd instinct, where one writes and everyone else counts on. We shouldn't blame Xandu for what he did or didn't, just from my personal experience I can say, that every art piece consumes lots of time, so does this. Well for my final words I would like to wish developer luck.

jason215
May 14th, 2007, 19:31
your absolutly right

yoyomasterVXC
May 15th, 2007, 00:55
Cool, ipod on psp. I like the implied lyrics and all

aznTerz
May 15th, 2007, 01:11
yep yep....
great media player....
cant wait for future release

pspfan
May 15th, 2007, 02:59
Not bad. Actually it's pretty good. I hope it will be fixed to look more like the concepts like you said. Also it'd be cool if the music kept playing if you went back to My Library. And Shuffle would be sweet...I could go on and on but anyway good work and look forward to future versions.

Memento
May 15th, 2007, 11:41
Im so gettin this...

Sup Psp
May 16th, 2007, 01:25
I don't understand why you guys like this media player so bad... I mean is cool and all, but is not wow. All it does is play music and thats it. The psp already play music, so why are you guys so excited... Get really excited when he release the full version of this player.

aznTerz
May 16th, 2007, 05:15
lol... i guess so....
im not sure....

jason215
May 16th, 2007, 10:41
Cozz This one Plays OGG

Memento
May 16th, 2007, 11:48
ye, we should get too excited b4 Xandu has even released the full version of the player

jason215
May 16th, 2007, 23:12
absolut THIS APP WILL ROCK W00t

carlitx
May 17th, 2007, 00:49
hey carlitx here so when is this gonna be relaesed man i pumped to gte it id be like he look at my ipod i had kik ass games as well :P lol well plz release sooon

-Xandu-
May 17th, 2007, 08:31
I don't understand why you guys like this media player so bad... I mean is cool and all, but is not wow. All it does is play music and thats it. The psp already play music, so why are you guys so excited... Get really excited when he release the full version of this player.
Yep, the full version will feature Lyrics, Visualizer, maybe a Music Quiz and many more surprises!

Memento
May 17th, 2007, 08:46
true, this app is pretti good

Triv1um
May 17th, 2007, 11:34
This is going to be good for me, seeing as ive had my 30gb ipod stolen... Lol

Looking foward to it xandu

aznTerz
May 20th, 2007, 08:20
i was just using my psp to listen to music...
and i thought of this media player....
i realli hope a release comes soon....
coz i wanna sing the songs with the lyrics displayed...
:P

jason215
May 20th, 2007, 09:28
can you sing :P , Is Xandu Still working on his app ?

@ aznrerz Your one hell of a fan look at all the post u posted in this thread :P:P:P:P:P ^^

-Xandu-
May 20th, 2007, 09:37
I'm taking a break at the moment, but I'm working on the visualizer meanwhile.

I'll start working on XMP after the next week (after my exams) ;).

aznTerz
May 20th, 2007, 11:03
yep yep im a huge fan of this.... :D
lol and no i cant sing XD
anywaiiz... this is the onlii application im actuallii waiting for...
all the others are like >.>
not my type XD

-Xandu-
May 20th, 2007, 14:10
Check the blog (http://xandu6a.blogspot.com/) for mini-updates ;).

carlitx
May 21st, 2007, 13:57
so how does the lyrics work? do we put them in ourselves?

aznTerz
May 21st, 2007, 14:09
wellz... the lyrics are like attached to the song.....
u enter the properties menu of ur mp3
and u enter the tab summary... then there should be the button advance or not... depends.... then there should be a label saying lyrics... and u place u lyrics there.....
anywaiiz at least thats wat i think ur asking

carlitx
May 22nd, 2007, 00:05
oh ic ic thats pretty neat i must say

aznTerz
May 28th, 2007, 09:32
heyz any news on release yet....?
or beta version...?

Sup Psp
May 30th, 2007, 02:53
Wow, this application is taking along time to be release... I hope is perfect... I hope you add all the things you want in it..

-Xandu-
May 31st, 2007, 13:59
Update:
-Mp3 streaming now achieved (this means you can load over 100mb mp3s now)
-Visualizer(WIP)
-iPod transition motion acheived and (WIP)

nghiadhd
May 31st, 2007, 16:44
Hi Xandu,

Xandu's Player 2.0 can access subfolder? I copied my musics to PSP/MUSIC but xandu's player 1.2 can not access to sub folder.

-Xandu-
May 31st, 2007, 20:27
You can access subfolders using X not O, but that will be fixed soon.

carlitx
May 31st, 2007, 23:16
xandu i think u r a god of psp music :P lol

rougexiii
June 1st, 2007, 13:04
Good to see you back here Xandu. I use your previous v2 beta and it works great. can't wait to see the final release ;)

carlitx
June 5th, 2007, 02:08
any word on a release yet great psp music god xandu

PLZKLLME0080
June 5th, 2007, 02:25
LOL! this is gonna kill microsoft! :rofl:

Anti-QJ
June 8th, 2007, 02:41
Nice release.

But i still think iPodMock is better.

aznTerz
June 14th, 2007, 11:06
wow... this has taken longer that i thought...
ill still waiting for this to come out...
i hope its released realll soon

gorkagb_89
June 14th, 2007, 17:46
i hope so. Xandu, any news about the player? any improvements or so? give some info please

pibs
June 19th, 2007, 03:26
can we please have an update on how this is going! i love how this is app is turning out.

BTW Anti-QJ i dont think iPodMock was ever released due to people flaming his work. imho this looks better.

Great job Xandu this is looking great.

-Xandu-
June 19th, 2007, 09:47
Update:
-iPod transition in menus acheived.
-MP3 Streaming.(Meaning XMP won't crash anymore)

WIP:
-MP3 Visualizer
-PSP Remote
-Song length VBR (the song bar)

That's about everything but I'm not releasing it anytime soon until it's perfect. Plus I may add more features to it later.

gorkagb_89
June 19th, 2007, 10:03
just cool! you're doing a great job with this music player. hope it is released soon and perfect.

Anti-QJ
June 23rd, 2007, 03:03
iPodMock wasn't never released to the public.

But i still got it, IMO its better but if Xandu keeps this up then IPM is going to have some competition.

-Xandu-
June 23rd, 2007, 08:55
iPodMock wasn't never released to the public.

But i still got it, IMO its better but if Xandu keeps this up then IPM is going to have some competition.

Yep, I'm working on improving it more ;). I have made some improvements to it but I'd keep it a secret.

Anti-QJ
June 23rd, 2007, 09:16
Keep it up then, Cant wait for a release.

pibs
June 23rd, 2007, 10:24
Maybe you can add the alarm clock wake up kinda like the ipod has, it would be great for camping trips or a quick nap at work :)

keep up the great work

aznTerz
July 1st, 2007, 07:50
so how is this app goin?

-Xandu-
July 1st, 2007, 11:09
Currently working on:
-Music Quiz
-Songlength VBR

aznTerz
July 4th, 2007, 04:44
umm.... can i ask something?

hav u planned a release date...
or something...?

punkonjunk
July 4th, 2007, 23:34
This looks excellent. I'm also hoping for any info about a release?

Safari Al
July 4th, 2007, 23:52
Very awesome Xandu! What language is it coded in? Looks great!

-Xandu-
July 5th, 2007, 10:49
Release date is going to be a surprise ;).

ahmedm00
July 6th, 2007, 20:52
See funny thing is, my iPod actually broke about 2 months ago :( so i now use my PSP as my MP3 player!

i rly hope this application is released b4 i go on hols!! i go for a month! and i have absolutely nothing i.e no internet no computer no nothing! i wont have my iPod all i'll have is my psp! so this would actually be amazin! if u can get this out b4 the 14th July!! you would be a life saviour!...

also by anychance in the app is there a CPU speed changer so that we can conserve battery life....sorry if its already be implemented in!

i have to say this has to be the best mp3 application for the PSP ive seen to date! it really is great work! im really impressed ive been really looking forward to this application for a gd month or so! rly well done Xandu! and definitely keep up the amazin!work! ;) :D

burrito
July 6th, 2007, 21:00
is there a CPU speed changer so that we can conserve battery life
This conserves A LOT of battery life: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67803

-Xandu-
July 6th, 2007, 21:02
Okay people check out the BETA thread right here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67823

punkonjunk
August 3rd, 2007, 06:13
hey,
Any info on a release? I know it's a bastard to hear that question, but I'm just wondering if this thread is outdated and a new version is out or anything.

Reflected_God
September 23rd, 2007, 11:14
I'll test it too :D

And Xandu I've a suggestion fo you: Why don't you write in the PDF manual that this program allow you to listen OGG format?

I know it, but if I had downloaded it from other site...

Thanks for this great homebrew.

sois
October 16th, 2007, 17:35
I am not having much luck running this in firmware 1.5.

I downloaded the patch to make this run in the GAME directory. It gives me an error message that says game could not be started. What am I doing wrong?

Also, will this ever support playlists?

warningproject
October 17th, 2007, 09:50
I Guess i now the anser but to ad shore the update is not compatibel with 3.71M33-slim??:(

boogschd
October 19th, 2007, 10:59
this is tha shiznit! :D

@warningproject - your avatar is kewl :p