PDA

View Full Version : Premium Gears maps this Thursday

wraggster
May 1st, 2007, 19:42
Microsoft has confirmed that the new premium (i.e. you have to pay for them) Gears of War maps will be cropping up on Xbox Live Marketplace this Thursday May 3.

Four maps are included in the 800 Microsoft point (£6.80) Hidden Fronts map pack, and they all sound so tempting even our stingy tech man is reaching for his coin purse.

Microsoft and Epic have clashed over the pricing of the map pack, Epic wanting to provide it for free and MS craving your hard earned dollar - or pound. Meeting in the middle, the two have decided to sell the pack for now and provide it for free after September 3 in four months time.

Via the magic of copy and paste, here's what to expect from the new maps:

Bullet Marsh: In this Kryll-infested swamp, an old generator still powers the area lights. A few stray bullets could easily knock out the generator, leaving combatants to fend for themselves against the Kryll.

Garden: This overgrown and crumbling conservatory still has a working fertilization and pesticide system. This system can pose a serious hazard to anyone who ventures into the greenhouse without first venting the air.

Process: Teams must fight for control of this subterranean Imulsion processing plant, still active despite the cessation of the Pendulum wars.

Subway: Timgads Central Subway station used to serve as a central hub for commuters. Now the tunnels are crawling with Locust.

Keep eyes peeled for the release.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163155)

BrooksyX
May 2nd, 2007, 03:27
Seems kind of pricey, I would be willing to pay 400 pts for the new maps but I think I will wait to see if everyone else likes them before buying them.