PDA

View Full Version : God of War II tops UK Chart

wraggster
May 1st, 2007, 22:37
via eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=75904)

Sony has scored its second No. 1 in the all-formats software chart with PlayStation 2 exclusive God of War II, says our old friend GamesIndustry.biz.

At No. 2 is the newly released RPG Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, which Chart-Track said is the second fastest-selling online-only PC title after World of Warcraft. Meanwhile the PlayStation 3 version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion re-entered the All Format chart at No. 3 - despite the fact the new PS3 version game isn't being sold by leading high street retailer GAME.

Perennial favourite Wii Play dropped one place to No. 4 while last week's No. 1, Pokémon Ranger, was down in fifth place.

Elsewhere, Sony scored two new first-party new entries with SingStar Pop Hits entering the chart at No. 6, while Buzz!: The Mega Quiz went in at No. 16.

Meanwhile, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles dropped from No. 2 to No. 7. Harvest Moon DS was down four places to No. 8, followed by Brain Training in ninth place. Virtua Tennis 3 went up two spots to round out the chart at No. 10.

New entries in this week's top 40 include Diddy Kong Racing DS at No. 13 and Rebellion's Free Running at No. 33. There are several re-entries, such as Sonic and the Secret Rings, Bad Boys II and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

The highest climber is Hotel Dusk: Room 215, which leapt from No. 22 into eleventh place. The week's biggest faller is Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time down, from No. 8 to No. 27.

Abgoj
May 1st, 2007, 23:00
One of the best game on PS2....hmmmm....not much of a surprise there :)

Joe88
May 2nd, 2007, 00:24
One of the best game on PS2....hmmmm....not much of a surprise there :)

it is the best :D

Basil Zero
May 2nd, 2007, 00:37
No surprise here, of course it would chart #1, i mean one of the best gaming franchises.

Abgoj
May 2nd, 2007, 12:53
it is the best :D

I don't think it's better than FFX and FFXII, but thats just my opinon. :)

JKKDARK
May 2nd, 2007, 13:22
one of the last successful ps2 games