PDA

View Full Version : Home Beta Creeps Out in Europe

wraggster
May 1st, 2007, 23:36
Over the weekend a few European PS3 owners got lucky and got a little taste of Home (not the place, the beta version). Although there is no official confirmation from Sony that it was released, there are definitely people out there posting images proving that they have what boys like and what guys want.

With only a select few G.A.P. members getting in, we imagine people are staring at their 30 person buddy lists in jealousy as a single one of their friends enjoys the thrills Home has to offer. Americans seem to be particularly jealous right now, as nobody on Western shores has yet confirmed their acceptance as of this writing. However, we've been hearing the date May 1st as confirmation for acceptance into the North American beta, so if that date is indeed true nobody will have to hold their breath for too much longer.
That makes America the land of the Home-less (yuck, yuck, yuck), but if you're desperate to have it now, you and/or a friend from Canada can sign up to be beta testers before the release.

via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/it.s-where-your-heart-is/home-beta-creeps-out-in-europe-256704.php)

Totalitarian
May 2nd, 2007, 00:11
I know the idea of Europe having it's own BETA Trial group appears laughable, but yes. There is one.

Moreso, the people that have been posting screenshots of this Home are almost certainly members of the SCEE Beta Trial.

It's kind of strange that most news sites never realise that the SCEE BETA Trial exists, and that they test European made games before the US.

mavsman4457
May 2nd, 2007, 02:17
The title of this thread should probably be changed. I definately thought that it meant it was creeping people out in europe as opposed to slowly sneaking out.

VFerg
May 2nd, 2007, 04:50
I dont get it... How exactly do you apply for an invite??? All I keep seeing is oh I got an invite! But nobody has said anything about how to sign up. Dam this is something I really wanted to try or at least try and apply for, but I guess by now its already to late. Oh well guess I will have to wait for the second beta or the actual release.