PDA

View Full Version : Blue Raven Introduces Longest Lasting Extended Battery for Sony's PSP Game System

wraggster
May 2nd, 2007, 06:30
press release:

http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/200704/TN-331713_PSPbatterypackage.jpg

Blue Raven Technology (www.blueravengear.com), a leading provider of video consumer electronics and iPod audio products and accessories, today announced the longest lasting extended battery for Sony's handheld video game system, Playstation®Portable (PSP™). Blue Raven's new 15 Hour Extended PSP Battery allows gamers to enjoy playing "on the go" with up to 15 hours of play time between charges -- up to 7 times the battery life of a standard PSP battery.

New Extended Battery for PSP from Blue
Raven Technologies is the First Snap-On
Battery for Comfort and ConvenienceBlue Raven's extended battery is the only battery available that mounts directly on the PSP game player, adding a much more seamless look, improved comfort and less fatigue -- all in a system that weighs approximately 5 ounces. Gamers can use the standard PSP charger and fully charge in as little as 5 hours.

The battery utilizes Lithium-Polymer technology for longer life and is rated at 4500 mAh capacity. No extra adaptor is required for charging.

Pricing and Availability

Suggested retail pricing is $99.95. Blue Raven's Extended PSP Battery is available immediately at E-Cost, PC Mall, Amazon.com, Ingram Micro and at Blue Raven's own website.

Hmm a lot of money for a battery

Basil Zero
May 2nd, 2007, 06:56
100 bucks for a battery......

the standard ones cost less, might as well get that.

dark heart
May 2nd, 2007, 06:56
i don't like it!, make it smaller!

DarthPaul
May 2nd, 2007, 07:12
$99.95...O_o

BelmontSlayer
May 2nd, 2007, 09:02
Madness...You might as well just buy 3 official batteries for that price...

gdf
May 2nd, 2007, 09:55
you can't argue with 15 hours though...

Baboon
May 2nd, 2007, 10:29
It doesn’t look as bad as the battery that was supplied with the Datel 4gb hard drive (although this is still fugly). The datel battery was fookin huge sticking out of the back of the psp (I should know as I used to own one until the hard drive stopped working after a few months :().

$ony need to bring a new official battery out that’s got significant more life compared to what we’ve got at the mo.

jonezybaby
May 2nd, 2007, 11:31
i hardly use my psp since gettin a ps3 so im not really fussed, it does the job i want

tvrstl
May 2nd, 2007, 13:00
Such expensive!!

and it didn't look too good eighter!

My original battery's good enough right now, when I see the price of it...

jinqui242
May 2nd, 2007, 14:28
I'd be worried about the PSP overheating. The back already gets warm after long playing sessions (even with NoUMD), so this giant thing covering the back might not be a good idea.

The Virus
May 2nd, 2007, 14:36
Ugly? What the hell do you expect a battery to look like?

And expensive? Not really, it costs the same as a new game, and you're getting 15 hours, it's worth it. I'd buy it if I needed 15 hours. (which I don't, I have a "emergency recharger", car charger, and the normal ac adaptor, and that's really all I need)

Basil Zero
May 2nd, 2007, 15:12
Ugly? What the hell do you expect a battery to look like?

And expensive? Not really, it costs the same as a new game, and you're getting 15 hours, it's worth it. I'd buy it if I needed 15 hours. (which I don't, I have a "emergency recharger", car charger, and the normal ac adaptor, and that's really all I need)

New games cost 60 bucks..not 100 bucks..

Poem58
May 2nd, 2007, 15:55
I'm no battery expert, but have used many different types in many different situations.

The PSP standard battery being 1800mAh
and this battery being 4500mAh is actually only 2.5 times the battery life...

Now they claim up to 7 times the life from a battery 2.5 times the power...

Now my standard battery usually lasts me about 4-6 hours..we'll call it 4...
7 times that is 28 not 15..and 2.5 the current battery I have would yield 10-15 hours...

If they are basing this on a PSP battery lasting 2 hours...theirs would be dead in 5 hours.

So basically they are selling you 2.5 batteries...claiming it's like 7 and charging you out the wazoo...

No thanks...I'm with everyone else...better to get the regular ones..

jmendes
May 2nd, 2007, 16:51
one question.... does this have a 7x higher recharge time too?

The Virus
May 2nd, 2007, 17:22
New games cost 60 bucks..not 100 bucks..

Yes, in America.

patkaa30
May 2nd, 2007, 17:54
Are they available in New Zealand??

strikingeuphony
May 2nd, 2007, 19:54
That's a huge rip-off.

Buddy4point0
May 2nd, 2007, 21:19
my battery never runs out on me any wey