PDA

View Full Version : Low-spec Commodore PCs launch early

wraggster
May 2nd, 2007, 18:49
Commodore Gaming is saying that demand for its recently launched super high-spec PCs is "reaching epic proportions", which has prompted the company to make its lower-spec models available earlier than planned.

Its lower-spec PCs are the G and GS models, now selling at £949 and £1049 respectively through www.commodoregaming.com. Specifications of the machines can be found at the website.

Originally, the G and GS models weren't to be sold through the online store and would only be available through Commodore Gaming's retail outlets, which are shortly to open in the UK, Germany, France and the Benelux.

Currently, the online store is only open to residents of the UK and Ireland, but Commodore Gaming plans to open it up to the rest of Europe this month.

"It's incredible to see such demand for our gaming PCs in this first week, and as such we are offering a wider selection for our online customers to choose from. By including the Commodore G and GS models in the online store, we are now catering for all customers from entry level to extreme level", Bala Keilman, CEO for Commodore Gaming commented.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163244)

Hawq
May 2nd, 2007, 19:44
Is it wrong to want one just because I like the Commodore logo on the side? despite the GS being a sort of mid range one in the set I like the name as well, though thats because I have a C64GS (yes I know its not the same Commodore & this ones just using the name because people know it & trust it)