PDA

View Full Version : PSP-290 not being recognized?

Nieko
May 2nd, 2007, 20:53
Hello all :)

This week I got the PSP-290 GPS for my PSP, but I'm having some problems getting it to work.

I've tried versions 0461S Beta, 0497 and 0498 and the green screen proggie, and none of them have gotten a fix on any satellites (with plenty of vision to the sky). I've tried combinations of 2.71 and 3.03 usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx (those gotten from PSARDumper and from e.g. the green screen proggie), none worked.

The green screen proggie just said "USB State = 0x211 [activated]" and "GPS State = 0", with no satellites mentioned. All modules load OK. MapThis 0461S Beta keeps saying "GPS State: Off", and doesn't mention any satellites either.

I did see in the FAQ that I might have to do a USBHostFS fix, but that program gave me a 80020148 error (the Writer with 043.bin in ms0:/).

I have a TA-082 PSP ("IC1003" visible in the UMD tray) with 3.03 OE-C (before that I had 2.71). Also, normal USB connection (to PC) works just fine, and so does the PSP camera + mic. Windows keeps finding a new USB device when MapThis is running.

ntxitjo
May 3rd, 2007, 06:16
i'm having the same exact problem with the psp 290 - mapthis! shows gps state is off, green proggie shows all 0 values. i've tried having it on outside for 10 minutes. i'm using the prx files that came with the green proggie, in the mapviewer and camprx folders. i'm running 3.03 OE-C set to kernel 3.03.

i've scoured these forums for answers, and so far no suggestions have worked. i read one suggestion about a usbhostfs fix, and though i searched on google i couldn't find info on a "fix" anywhere. that would be something i'd be interesting in trying.

i traded my foolishly-updated brand new psp for a used one just so i could downgrade to get the OE, and bought a psp 290 from play-asia, all so i could use densika's mapthis! gps program. needless to say i'm so far very disappointed. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

[EDIT]: perhaps i should add that i am *not* running on a TA-082 MB.

bluehawk168
May 3rd, 2007, 14:09
Hello all :)

This week I got the PSP-290 GPS for my PSP, but I'm having some problems getting it to work.

I've tried versions 0461S Beta, 0497 and 0498 and the green screen proggie, and none of them have gotten a fix on any satellites (with plenty of vision to the sky). I've tried combinations of 2.71 and 3.03 usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx (those gotten from PSARDumper and from e.g. the green screen proggie), none worked.

The green screen proggie just said "USB State = 0x211 [activated]" and "GPS State = 0", with no satellites mentioned. All modules load OK. MapThis 0461S Beta keeps saying "GPS State: Off", and doesn't mention any satellites either.

I did see in the FAQ that I might have to do a USBHostFS fix, but that program gave me a 80020148 error (the Writer with 043.bin in ms0:/).

I have a TA-082 PSP ("IC1003" visible in the UMD tray) with 3.03 OE-C (before that I had 2.71). Also, normal USB connection (to PC) works just fine, and so does the PSP camera + mic. Windows keeps finding a new USB device when MapThis is running.

Yeah me 2 showed error. You can google for 043.bin den use the writer to fix the USBHostFS.

Cheers

Nieko
May 3rd, 2007, 15:00
Yeah me 2 showed error. You can google for 043.bin den use the writer to fix the USBHostFS.

Cheers

The problem was that I didn't realize the USBHostFS fix program was an 1.50 EBOOT. I was used to e.g. "mapViewer" and "mapViewer%", so 2 directories for 1.50, so I assumed it wasn't that. Turns out that it did indeed work in 1.50, USB is now fixed, and it has found 2 satellites now. I'll test a bit more later :)

It would be a nice idea to mention that it's an 1.50 EBOOT in the FAQ. Thanks for the replies!

replogle
May 3rd, 2007, 15:27
The problem was that I didn't realize the USBHostFS fix program was an 1.50 EBOOT. I was used to e.g. "mapViewer" and "mapViewer%", so 2 directories for 1.50, so I assumed it wasn't that. Turns out that it did indeed work in 1.50, USB is now fixed, and it has found 2 satellites now. I'll test a bit more later :)

It would be a nice idea to mention that it's an 1.50 EBOOT in the FAQ. Thanks for the replies!

can you tell me what version of mapthis you are using and what OE versions, I'm using 3.03OE-B and mapthis 0.498 I use initlocation= "2" and was able to find 1 satelite but was not able to fix it and it did not show my location, thx

ntxitjo
May 3rd, 2007, 19:37
since i have a non-TA-082, is there any reason for me to try running the usbhostfs fix? i thought that the usbhostfs keys got corrupted by the ta-082 2.71 downgrader only.

ntxitjo
May 4th, 2007, 07:26
i ran the usbhostfs fix and still nothing. i tried using various usbgps.prx and usbacc.prx files and still nothing. i even tried dumping them without sigcheck, just for the hell of it. i tried running it in kernel 1.5 just for the hell of it (blue screen error - 10 seconds - psp crashes). maybe the sony reciever is dead? but even so, how would i know? i'm considering giving up on this 290 and buying a holux 236. before i do, does anyone have any suggestions i could try? please?

Nieko
May 5th, 2007, 08:51
replogle: I'm using MapThis 0461S Beta and 3.03 OE-C. I got a fix in a few minutes on a few satellites and it worked just fine :)

ntxitjo: well, you could still check if you 043.bin is correct. You can compare it to the one in the FAQ. Other than that, I wouldn't know...

However, now I have another huge problem. Now that I have used the USBHostFS fix, GPS is working fine, but my WLAN is broke :( I reinstalled 1.50 and there it worked fine (WEP only of course), but when I reinstalled 3.03 OE-C, it keeps giving the infamous 80410A0B error, and no green light comes up... Anyone familiar with this? Oh, same thing with 3.40 OE-A, same error.

raj_ace_in
May 5th, 2007, 09:06
hi all,

i have compiled all the files and should work fine with 3.03 OE and 3.40 OE and PSP290 GPS unit

just save your mapthis file on computer and delete it from the psp memory stick

download this file and extract in your GAME303 or GAME340 directory and see if it works.

http://rapidshare.com/files/28483215/mapViewer.rar

let me know what happens please.

thanks

raj.

replogle
May 5th, 2007, 17:01
hi all,

i have compiled all the files and should work fine with 3.03 OE and 3.40 OE and PSP290 GPS unit

download this file and extract in your GAME303 or GAME340 directory and see if it works.

thanks

raj.

great work Raj, I'm trying it now thx

Nieko
May 6th, 2007, 15:59
So I found a solution (from the friendly people on www.lan.st):
Run the idstoragechanger from ta082down Then run the USBHostFS fix (with ms0:/043.bin)

And now both WiFi and GPS work just fine :) Do note that this is only a fix for those who have a TA-082 motherboard that shows the 80410A0B (or similar) error when using WiFi.

(Not sure if I may link to another forum, but here goes anyway. The thread about this problem is here: http://www.lan.st/showthread.php?t=1091.)

replogle
May 6th, 2007, 16:32
hi all,

thanks

raj.

man I finally got it to work thx Raj, yesterday night I've tried it while driving, I turned on the mapthis with default settings, after a while 6 sat was in view then I chg the LOC setting to "0" all of a sudden 12 sat in view then 5 fixes whoo!!!!, but I reboot the sys then tried again everytime when I got a fix program crashes.

I think CPU speed and LOC settings does chg the fix speed any ideas guys?

Nylon32
May 9th, 2007, 17:18
I find it takes ages to gets fixes sometimes and occasionally it takes less than a minute and I'll get 8 in view and a fix on 4 using the PSP GPS receiver in the UK, however so far my best settings have been LOC:2 and having the CPU clocked at 222Mhz. Using Version 0.497

Edit: After some testing I've come to the conclusion that running it at 333Mhz simply won't work for me