PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Home!

Basil Zero
May 3rd, 2007, 03:33
Closed beta for Sony's virtual world has started in Europe and a official release date announced:

The first phase of the European beta for PlayStation Home kicked off yesterday evening, starting with "a small group of both internal staff and known beta testers."

Sometime during "summer," the online community will be made available to a wider group of testers. Those who are interested in signing up can register their interest on the company's Web site.

Sony Worldwide Studios president Phil Harrison first announced Home--billed as a community-based, three-dimensional sim for the PlayStation Network on the PlayStation 3 console--at this year's Game Developers Conference.

In the US, Sony confirmed that the beta would also run in two phases, with 15,000 users beta testing in April and 50,000 in August, although numbers have not been given for the European beta. Home is set for release in the US and Europe "around October or November time," according to SCEE's senior PR manager Jonathan Fargher.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6170001.html?tag=latestnews;title;2

wolfpack
May 3rd, 2007, 04:20
interesting, but i dont live in europe :p

Ranmax09
May 3rd, 2007, 04:23
Isn't this PS3 news?

SnesR0X
May 3rd, 2007, 06:05
it does seem somehow connected to the ps3 yes. but how.......?

Buddy4point0
May 3rd, 2007, 11:46
thats so sick, i would buy a ps3 jst for this

shak bo
May 3rd, 2007, 13:04
So a full 2 years after after the PSP's release we finally get online pre-packaged content for our little gizmos? Why the rush Sony? Nintendo DS kicking your ass, the UMD format on it's deathbed? Little do they know that PSP owners could care less about their online content dissemination as we have already put tons of stuff on our PSP's already. I'm really sick of this company dangaling carrots in front of us PSP owners. This site is probably just a juiced up PSP Connect, only this one will host 3 Will Farrel movie trailers instead of the customary 1. SONY treats PSP owners like second - class citizens. Nuff said. :cool:

NoQuarter
May 3rd, 2007, 16:36
Nah home is for the ps3,and I must say it's pretty damn rockin.It's like the sims but with real people :P

mnuhaily22
May 4th, 2007, 05:49
^^^The sims for free actually and better graphics, and plus that real people...it couldn't get any better.

SnesR0X
May 4th, 2007, 06:36
it looks cool yes, but mnuhaily22, your siggard is way too biggard

Cokemusic
May 4th, 2007, 07:38
it looks cool yes, but mnuhaily22, your siggard is way too biggard

Ha ?? Ha ??