PDA

View Full Version : Help and advice.

scottishbear
May 3rd, 2007, 14:21
Hi.
Im pretty new to the psp but have succesfully downgraded my old one following instructions.

I now have my sisters one and want to downgrade this so I can install homebrew on it.

I have tried to do it but it wont recognise the load game part on the gta game (correct version for the task).

It has firmware version 3.3oe-a and the motherboard with the number on it.

Is there any way to downgrade from this firware so that I can use the gta method?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

steve-b
May 3rd, 2007, 15:05
why would you want to downgrade 3.3oe-a? it does everything 1.50 does, plus more.

The easiest way to do it would be thru the recovery menu and a 1.50 update eboot.

There are a whole bunch of readme's and guides to using the recovery menu in the OE firmwares, so just search around the forum for them.

I'd just check that you actually do want to downgrade this one. Why not upgrade it to 3.40oe?

scottishbear
May 3rd, 2007, 15:10
Hi.
I didnt realise that it did the same. So does thisd mean that she can play backed up games or do i need to install a homebrew program? sory to sound stupid but I would rather ask than mess it up.

steve-b
May 3rd, 2007, 15:14
yeah, it was designed pretty much for that purpose. Basically, it has the security of 1.50 (ie, none:) so you can run homebrew etc. It also has built in ISO loader, but we can't really talk about that here :)

There should be a folder called 'ISO' in the root of the memory stick where you put your legal backups.