PDA

View Full Version : The Surprising Success of Puzzle Quest

wraggster
May 3rd, 2007, 18:39
via Ign (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/785/785186p1.html)

It's no secret that several members of the IGN team are big fans of the puzzle/RPG hybrid Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. Released in March for the Nintendo DS and PSP, the game was an overnight success with consumers and media. A version has just been announced for Xbox Live, and the thought of scoring Achievements makes us hungry to start playing the game all over again from level one.

We recently chatted with the game's developer, Infinite Interactive, and publisher, D3, about the success of Puzzle Quest, the future of the franchise, and other projects currently in the pipeline. Infinite was even charitable enough to provide some tips and strategies for Puzzle Quest success. Here we go:

Soccer moms and zombies are big casual gamers.IGN: Were you surprised by the success of Puzzle Quest?

Steve Fawkner, CEO and Lead Designer at Infinite Interactive: Puzzle Quest is actually the 17th game on which I've been Lead Designer, and I find there comes a point usually about halfway through a project when you know if the game you're working on is really good. Puzzle Quest was giving out those vibes very early in development, so we knew we'd stumbled onto something pretty cool, if we could just finish it, polish it and give it all the love it deserved. So, we weren't surprised by its success. What did surprise us though was the lightning quick acceptance and popularity it gained throughout the gaming community within just a few short weeks of launch.

Buddy4point0
May 3rd, 2007, 19:54
ewww!
i didnt like this game.
i dont know why this did that good? hmm i donno mabey i should try it agaiin

jmendes
May 3rd, 2007, 23:30
u should give it another try... its quite adictive