PDA

View Full Version : New PlayStation next year?

wraggster
May 3rd, 2007, 19:23
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163331)

Days after Sony's Ken Kutaragi hinted his plans for PlayStation 4, an unnamed "Sony insider" has reportedly claimed that a new PlayStation could be available next year.

The report on Smarthouse.com suggests that the insider has tipped the new PlayStation to include the same chipset as the current PS3, but will boast other hardware modifications in the "drive bay" and "attachment areas".

The report refers to the mystery machine as the PS4, but if it does exist, it sounds more like a reworked PS3 to us - like the slim-line PS2.

Kutaragi has already hinted: "As a matter of course, I have the vision of PlayStation 4, 5 and 6, which will merge into the network."

Best start saving now, then.

Could it be the PSP 2, the article above doesnt mention that but a new version of the PSP aka PSP Lite could well be on the cards.

Tree
May 3rd, 2007, 19:57
its thats true im pissed off i just bought my PS3 nd now der being a betta one out :@ sry 4 lauguage :P

Zin0099
May 3rd, 2007, 20:08
just wondering if i buy a ps3 now is a ps4 ps5 ps6 going to be a ps3.4 ps3.5 ps3.6 meaning that ps3 just started coming out and not a lot of games for the system! and that a ps4-6 are just differant models for the ps3 like the xbox 360 elite with 120gb hdd are these new systems going to be a ps3 with added stuff!!!!!! because I'll wait maybe

because if they start making ps4-6 games and the ps3 not compatiblewith those games this is going to suck big time

Triv1um
May 3rd, 2007, 20:47
Yeah, ps4 is been talked about already?

ps3 has been out for less than 2 months.

If this has been a big waste of money i will kill sony personally.

Triv1um
May 3rd, 2007, 20:48

May 3rd, 2007, 20:53

The Playstation 3 was probably already in discussion when the PS2 was released. Big deal.

"In discussion" does not mean "abandon current project next year" stop overreacting everyone.

The King
May 3rd, 2007, 20:56
wow sony are a bunch of imitaters they keep on riping of other company's ideas OMG wen will they come up with original ideas like every body else
just for this i will not get a ps3

i think that there just doing this to combate the 360 elite bunch of baka's