PDA

View Full Version : New PlayStation next year?

wraggster
May 3rd, 2007, 19:23
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163331)

Days after Sony's Ken Kutaragi hinted his plans for PlayStation 4, an unnamed "Sony insider" has reportedly claimed that a new PlayStation could be available next year.

The report on Smarthouse.com suggests that the insider has tipped the new PlayStation to include the same chipset as the current PS3, but will boast other hardware modifications in the "drive bay" and "attachment areas".

The report refers to the mystery machine as the PS4, but if it does exist, it sounds more like a reworked PS3 to us - like the slim-line PS2.

Kutaragi has already hinted: "As a matter of course, I have the vision of PlayStation 4, 5 and 6, which will merge into the network."

Best start saving now, then.

Could it be the PSP 2, the article above doesnt mention that but a new version of the PSP aka PSP Lite could well be on the cards.

Buddy4point0
May 3rd, 2007, 19:52
LOL!
SIKE!
playstation ususally waits like 5 years between each!
why would they waste there money on a ps4 now!
lol whoever made up this rumor is a retard

tvrstl
May 3rd, 2007, 20:11
there's something wrong if this is true.

pay so much money, just for a year, and then the PS3 becomes outdated??

well, if sony could still float after that, they'll never sink!

I hope this is only talk, and not true.

by the way, sorry for bad english, I'm Norwegian after all:P

Basil Zero
May 3rd, 2007, 20:44
Its not gonna be a ps4

Perhaps the new model with a bigger harddrive and some additonal add-ons(which I am waiting for), hope it comes out in 2008.

StealthCP
May 3rd, 2007, 21:03
Drive bay.. I heard about some revision to the blu-ray technology, and I fear that this is one the the results. I heard tell about not buying a PS3 until Q4 this year, once they have added the blu-ray revisions to the new models.. I think that they look as if they are doing some redesign too.

Anyway, I don't know much, but I believe enough to know that this is probably a real rumor, possibly exxagerated a bit, but still something is going on.

Ryupowerup
May 3rd, 2007, 21:06
the ps1 had different version

the playstation and the playstation "dual shock"
so maybe
the playstation 3 and the playstation 3 "dual shock"

jmendes
May 3rd, 2007, 23:00
of course its not a whole new ps! it could be just a redesigned ps3 or psp

JKKDARK
May 3rd, 2007, 23:47
should be a slim version

wolfpack
May 4th, 2007, 00:08
i bet its a new psp, or a slimmer ps3, either one sounds good

pkmaximum
May 4th, 2007, 02:24
I still would like to see a new design on the PSP's hardware. And I would absolutely love it if they added more ram to the PSP. Or increased the CPU more, or even some descent size built in flash memory.

Abgoj
May 4th, 2007, 04:01
If it's a new slimmer PS3, then that'd be weird, since the PS3 has just recently come it and it was years after the release of the PS2 that we saw the slimline PS2 hit shops. On top of that, it would be another thing to bump up the PS3's price tag, which would just be a big mistake.

Zin0099
May 4th, 2007, 14:25
Maybe a Play Station VAIO Part PS3 and Windows vista so u can use both worlds (A PS3 Lap Top That starts in the ps3 xmb then lets say vista is under game so that sony won't throw a fit about pirates making iso because we all known sony is going to use fireware to block it) also maybe make the ps4-6 a location free Player, recored HD TV, have cd/dvd/blu ray Burner in it to rip the tv shows to a disc , a HDD at 300gb to 1TB would be great, having Multiple OS' on the ps4 so we can have linux and windows would be cool,
have spare expansion slot for having to HDD's, playing pc games on it (under windows)
make system I want.

Maybe have us order what we want to do with the system and sony would build it to our liking(like if were to customize a PC)