PDA

View Full Version : Forza 2 can "absolutely" improve your driving

wraggster
May 3rd, 2007, 19:26
Dan Greenawalt has told CVG that he believes Forza Motorsport 2 can make you a better driver in the real world while the British School of Motoring recent said there's an indisputable link between gaming and dangerous driving.

The BSM recently surveyed 1000 young drivers and 27 percent of those questioned aged under 24 admitted they're more likely to take risks on the road after playing driving games. 34 percent went as far as saying that games made them a better driver.

BSM's road safety consultant Robin Cummins believes there's an "indisputable" link between gaming and dangerous driving: "With more than 200 young people killed each year due to speeding alone, it's crucial that they learn to 'keep it real' on the road."

When asked if he thought people could becomes better drivers if they're good at Forza 2, Greenawalt replied, "Absolutely. I think the things you learn in Forza Motorsport apply in the real world. A lot of people can play other similar racing games - there are a lot of games that are kind of in the middle of sim and arcade - and they learn that if you're at the edge of traction and you brake, you'll get more turning. Well that's just not true, and it'll get you killed on a track."

Greenawalt continued, "If you're on the edge of traction on your front tyres turning and you brake, you've now exceeded your traction and you're going to under steer straight off into a barrier. We've had people play these other games and then they play Forza and go 'wow, how come when I brake it doesn't turn more?' well, that's because it doesn't in the real world. I think we're teaching people how to drive well in a safe place. And it's less expensive than driving on a real track day."

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163326)