PDA

View Full Version : MGS Portable Ops NOT on sale tomorrow

wraggster
May 3rd, 2007, 20:37
via gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/psp/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=20070503172357125040&releaseId=20060510144827750070)

The accidental omission of the BBFC stamp from the Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops UMD has meant that the PSP exclusive game won't be going on sale tomorrow as originally planned and that retailers have had to return all their copies of the game.

We spoke to a representative from high street retailer Game to find out when Portable Ops will be available, but we were told that no new release date has been set. At the time of writing we had been unable to contact Konami for a comment.

As one of the few must-have titles for Sony's handheld this almighty cock up will come as a blow for PSP owners eager to get their hands on Solid Snake's first true portable outing (forget the card-based strategy shenanigans of Metal Gear Acid, Portable Ops is proper Metal Gear).

Accordion
May 3rd, 2007, 20:57
well my copy arrived this morning!

good old Game and the 1st to play scheme.

i just hope there isnt a recall, or other nonsense.

wolfpack
May 3rd, 2007, 21:02
im in america and ive had my copy for... i dunno how long.

SSaxdude
May 3rd, 2007, 21:14
This game has been out for forever here in America. Poor Brits.

Buddy4point0
May 3rd, 2007, 21:39
yea lol, ive had this game forever

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 3rd, 2007, 22:08
I think everyone that wants it has it if you know what i mean ;).

DarthPaul
May 3rd, 2007, 22:20
What the hell? Lol. I didn't understand this article..what's this that I have here? It's a game case that says Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops,oh it has a UMD inside..and it had been here for months. -_-'

Airdevil
May 3rd, 2007, 22:53
ermmm its released tomorrow in britain with all the extra content and stuff.

Who cares if the age rating isnt on the disk.... who looks at the disk?... as long as its on the case surely its fine?

Baboon
May 3rd, 2007, 23:02
I do like this game (had it for ages now), but I still prefer SyphonFilter Dark Mirror. :)

Its crazy that mgs for the psp has only just (well almost) landed in the UK.

Lupin3rd
May 3rd, 2007, 23:24
This happened with the psp Syphon Filter here too, it was in tesco one day, next day i'm in Game and they were going on about the recall, had to wait about a month til i saw it again.

Basil Zero
May 3rd, 2007, 23:28
I've had it for a month LOL

Abgoj
May 4th, 2007, 03:54
Nice new sig basil zero, i've also had this game for ages (few months).

Apoklepz
May 4th, 2007, 08:49
Hmmm...where are they not getting it again in Europe?...Cuz I got mine last week, which I ordered from Juegazonet.com in Spain....I still have my US UMD around, but it's missing the few extras that the PAL version has. I guess it's tough $hit for the lads who don't realize they can get it on the net from other places in Europe...like SPAIN!!!!

Also, It's Sooooooo funny in Spanish, and that's my native language!!! I crack up every time a movie comes up. lol

..and yeah, that's a cool SIG animation you made there, Basil...although you gotta feel bad for the can of whoop-@ss Sora's getting served.

PeterM
May 4th, 2007, 10:10
This sort of nonsense makes me glad I imported my copy!

LAW666
May 4th, 2007, 14:49
meh... why do we always have to wait like 10 years to get games when theyre already made and on general release in the USA?

takes the piss... and tbh... the amount of ppl eager to BUY this game... with the further delay its just almost justifying stealing it and dare i say it, getting the I S O :rolleyes: i dont condone piracy, but shit... takes the piss making us wait so long for games... to think if u wanted u couldve had it illegaly months ago AND for free....

the industry isnt doin itself any favours by making us wait really...