PDA

View Full Version : PSone titles now working on PlayStation 3 and PSP

wraggster
May 3rd, 2007, 20:45
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/03/psone-titles-now-working-on-playstation-3-and-psp/)

If you've been hankering to play those classic PSone games on something besides your PSP (or your, uh, PSone ...), then your reception of Sony's recent 1.7 PS3 firmware update was likely something of a mixed bag. On the one hand, news that the PSone emulation software was enabled, allowing you to play the games you've already been rocking on your handheld, was great; however, the revelation that the functionality would not work until May probably left you a little frustrated.

Well, it's May and Sony has announced that the PSone format software available from the PlayStation Store will now be operable on both the PS3 and PSP systems. If you've already purchased any titles, you'll be able to re-download them to your PS3 at no additional charge. We'll give our copy of Crash Bandicoot a spin on the PS3 later today and report back on how it goes. Now, if we could only skip the PS3 entirely and download straight to the PSP ...
Compatible titles include:

2Xtreme
Crash Bandicoot
Destruction Derby
Jet Moto
Jumping Flash
MediEvil
Rally Cross
Syphon Filter
Tekken 2
WipeOut

Anyone tried this yet, ? let us know via Comments

mavsman4457
May 3rd, 2007, 21:20
Dark_AleX really needs to take a look at this and see what he can do with it. Dark_AleX needs to get into PS3 hacking and make the ultimate firmwares that can communicate with each other for PS3 and PSP. If he could make it so all PS1 games are convertable to eboot for play on PS3 and PSP then that would be insane.

drock82
May 3rd, 2007, 22:02
resident evil 2, resident evil 2, RESIDENT EVIL 2 damn when is the best selling series coming to the ps store! sony is slipping :mad:

Basil Zero
May 3rd, 2007, 23:29
Dark_AleX really needs to take a look at this and see what he can do with it. Dark_AleX needs to get into PS3 hacking and make the ultimate firmwares that can communicate with each other for PS3 and PSP. If he could make it so all PS1 games are convertable to eboot for play on PS3 and PSP then that would be insane.

If that happened I would go and buy a ps3 RIGHT now:thumbup:

Buddy4point0
May 4th, 2007, 02:48
sweet! so now we can get playstatio store on our psps,
lol makeing your own pops is way better and free

John Vattic
May 4th, 2007, 16:45
I agree that ps3 could use a custom firmware. However, with coders few and far between for ps3, it's most likely not going to happen.

If it did though, I would sell my wii to the first emo kid i see rockin girl pants, long hair and sissy punk music, simply because i hate my Wiimote and the teen angst that the Wii invokes so well.