PDA

View Full Version : Porting of Fenix to PS2/Xbox

wraggster
December 18th, 2004, 02:23
Fenix is one of the great finds of the year 2004 for both the GP32 and Dreamcast, its gave us a lot of new games.

How hard would a port of Fenix be over to the Xbox and PS2 using the legal Dev environments for those consoles.

and if one was released could we also adapt ports like we have done easily from GP32 to Dreamcast.

The PS2 scene would be the perfect platform for Fenix releases :)

Atari
December 18th, 2004, 09:29
I think porting Fenix to the Xbox would be trivial, as it shares much of the same hardware as the PC, with some exceptions (mainly security). I know next to nothing about the legal tools for the Xbox, and the only ones who could run the games would be those who have modded consoles. I don't know what it would take to port Fenix to the PS2, but it would also be a good target. But then again, you would need a modded console. That's what's so desirable about writing Fenix games for the Dreamcast. No modding required!

Htbaa
December 18th, 2004, 09:30
I think a Xbox port would be too hard. Xbox is almost the same as a PC. But someone is working on a PS2 port. I for myself would root for a PS2 port :).

wraggster
December 18th, 2004, 10:11
yeah a PS2 port would be awesome, we could release many new games to that scene :)

Atari
December 18th, 2004, 11:59
I think a Xbox port would be too hard. Xbox is almost the same as a PC.

That's why it would actually be easy to port the runtime to the Xbox. There's already a PC port!

wraggster
December 18th, 2004, 12:06
i wonder how hard it would be for someone like evilo to port the runtime to PS2, maybe Lyonhrt should have a try too :)