PDA

View Full Version : Wii and DS Dominate Japan

wraggster
May 3rd, 2007, 23:40
via ign (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/785/785479p1.html)

It's becoming a familiar tune, and it's one we really don't mind hearing. Once again, Nintendo is topping the videogame charts in Japan, producing a pinnacle of payload payoff for both Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii. As reported by Japan's Weekly Famitsu magazine (the top source of gaming info in Japan), April 23 - 29 was all about Nintendo once again, as software sales continue to dominate on both the handheld and console fronts. Though specific numbers aren't given, the magazine reported on the top ten list for software sales. The following info is taken directly from that report:

Top Ten Japan Software Sales: 4/23 - 4/29

1. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)

2. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

3. Momotarou Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan (DS)

4. Wii Sports (Wii)

5. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Wii)

6. Gyakuten Saiban 4 (DS)

7. One Piece Unlimited Adventure (Wii)

8. Panel de Pon DS (DS)

9. Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (DS)

10. Wii Play (Wii)

So with Nintendo DS currently leading the pack with Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, both systems have five out of ten places on the list, showing an equal dominance of both handheld and console for Japan sales. No specific numbers were given, but we'll have the latest in US and Japan sales as the info becomes available. From the looks of it thus far, Nintendo is starting to take back the industry it's credited for creating, at least in Japan.

Basil Zero
May 4th, 2007, 00:44
Not only that, but also in Europe and Amercia I bet

WOOT, Nintendo's making a comeback FOR SURE!!

Abgoj
May 4th, 2007, 02:38
Nintendo are just doing so fantastically, and i shall happily be getting a new dslite very soon :D

Basil Zero
May 4th, 2007, 04:56
Nintendo are just doing so fantastically, and i shall happily be getting a new dslite very soon :D

Hey, I'm getting a DS too, infact in a few days as well along with a R4:thumbup:

Micky_c_dog
May 4th, 2007, 08:19
My mum has DS but i like my PSP so its not too pleasing for me to see software sales being dominated by nintendo :( but at least thier making a comeback