PDA

View Full Version : IE7 problems

VampDude
May 4th, 2007, 20:44
Ok, I know this sounds dumb but my Internet Explorer (IE7) has taken the worse and keeps closing and I want to fix it...

...Only I don't know how (so posted here considering it's Off Topic), I did a Google search and it showed a site LINK (http://www.repair-ie7.com/)

Which the only problem I have is the site doesn't look genuine (well to me anyway), and I'm not clicking any FREE scan links from any dodgy sites (I done that before and had problems back when I was on XP)

Does anyone here know of any solutions to fixing IE7 on Vista, or do I just re-install and hope the problem fixes itself?

VampDude
May 4th, 2007, 21:10
Hopefully I have fixed the problem, I had been using the IE7 that was pre-installed on Vista. Which now I'm using the Google version of IE7, for however long it takes to fail :confused:

Kaiser
May 4th, 2007, 21:39
Use Firefox or Opera. They're much better.

VampDude
May 4th, 2007, 21:47
Use Firefox or Opera. They're much better.

I'm using Opera now (thou not my prefered browser) the Google IE7 failed thou! :mad: :(

Chameleon
May 4th, 2007, 21:49
use firefox i think its way better than opera

Sonicboy 101
May 4th, 2007, 22:07

It sure is!

Triv1um
May 4th, 2007, 22:29
Yep firefox is the way to go.

You know its good because its included with pretty much all linux distros.

VampDude
May 4th, 2007, 22:44

I use both Opera and FireFox, plus I also use AOL VR 9.0 (which is as crap as the regular 9.0)

I don't seem to like Opera or FireFox thou, and I absolutely HATE using AOL

But I guess that the 2 that I have got between working and faulty are the best 2 anyway (FireFox/Opera)

Darksaviour69
May 5th, 2007, 02:58
i use firefox with the i.e plug-in

works for me

SnesR0X
May 5th, 2007, 03:07
i use IE, but I don't really care :p

gdf
May 5th, 2007, 13:40
firefox for me. it is a huge difference in speed on dial up and the connection is much more stable. it goes down every 2 minutes on ie but only maybe 1 time in every 20 i am online with firefox.

Buddy4point0
May 6th, 2007, 04:38
firefox is the way 2 go!
you can even get a skin that makes it look exactly like ie7, with tabs and everything.
plus firefox is faster

Video_freak
May 6th, 2007, 04:40
Wow there's an IE plugin for Firefox? What's it do? I MUST have it. =P

VampDude
May 6th, 2007, 06:45
I'm back with IE7, nothing beats IE7...

...I've been using FireFox since early 2006 and Opera since early/mid 2005 (before anyone asks YEAH I UPDATE). but neither of them beats IE7 for so many reasons, thou FireFox has some of the coolest plugins

Kramer
May 6th, 2007, 06:49
I'm back with IE7, nothing beats IE7...

...I've been using FireFox since early 2006 and Opera since early/mid 2005 (before anyone asks YEAH I UPDATE). but neither of them beats IE7 for so many reasons, thou FireFox has some of the coolest plugins

:rofl:What are your reasons?

VampDude
May 6th, 2007, 07:14
:rofl:What are your reasons?

Because IE7 is better, and I don't have to answer to you...

...It's my own personal choice, and I don't need a circus monkey (or anyone) to tell me what to use. Everybody seems to go for what everybody else say's is the best, which I always steer clear of what anyone tells me is the best so I went back to IE7 which I foundout it was a plugin that caused mine to crash which now is all sorted

People may be against Microsoft's programs, but the web browser is ok - plus it's the only one that works with Hotmail on Windows Live Mail (to my knowledge)

kcajblue
May 6th, 2007, 07:17

It sure is!

i dont like firefox.
its not to my liking.
it has way too much hype.
people are just like OMG FIREFOX IS THE BEST!!!!

i use opera. firefox is just like ie.

VampDude
May 6th, 2007, 07:25
i dont like firefox.
its not to my liking.
it has way too much hype.
people are just like OMG FIREFOX IS THE BEST!!!!

i use opera. firefox is just like ie.

Opera is considered my 2nd browser, too many people online tell people what to use (just like OS's)

dejkirkby
May 6th, 2007, 09:15
Opera is considered my 2nd browser, too many people online tell people what to use (just like OS's)
No-one is telling you what do do bro, if you don't want to use FF that's fine, but don't be so tetchy about it.
Are you on the Vampire Rag or something?

b8a
May 6th, 2007, 09:23
VampDude, hey, I'm not telling you what to use -- I'm all for freedom of choice. I love the fact that people can choose to use IE if they want. However, I wish that more people would choose to use a different browser because from a technical standpoint, it's a horribly broken browser that just keeps on getting worse and is majorly impeeding the advancement of the internet. I don't know if you do any web design, but if you just spend a few minutes browsing the web about web design issues you'll quickly find that IE itself is the biggest barrier in web design advancement and internet application development. If it were a less widely used browser, web designers could just ignore it, but since it holds such a massive market share (at least 90% in most cases), web designers are forced to continue supporting it, despite the fact that it's a massive waste of time, energy, and resources (IE development can be so problematic and unpredictable that web designers have to budget anywhere between two to three times as much timeto fully support it -- as compared to the ammount of time it takes to fully support the other major browsers).

IE was the best and leader for years, but Microsoft has done very little to maintain that quality in the past seven years, and there's quite a bit of credibility to the assertion that Microsoft is intentionally retarding it's development on the grounds that dependable, fully, and properly working web applications pose a significant threat to it's own lucrative software business.

Continue to be a stringent IE supporter if that's what suits you, but there's ample evidence that it's a technically inferior browser that, by design, exposes your system to inexcusable security risks and receives very poor, intermittent support from it's own maker. You should expect regular problems.

VampDude
May 10th, 2007, 13:14
VampDude, hey, I'm not telling you what to use -- I'm all for freedom of choice. I love the fact that people can choose to use IE if they want. However, I wish that more people would choose to use a different browser because from a technical standpoint, it's a horribly broken browser that just keeps on getting worse and is majorly impeeding the advancement of the internet. I don't know if you do any web design, but if you just spend a few minutes browsing the web about web design issues you'll quickly find that IE itself is the biggest barrier in web design advancement and internet application development. If it were a less widely used browser, web designers could just ignore it, but since it holds such a massive market share (at least 90% in most cases), web designers are forced to continue supporting it, despite the fact that it's a massive waste of time, energy, and resources (IE development can be so problematic and unpredictable that web designers have to budget anywhere between two to three times as much timeto fully support it -- as compared to the ammount of time it takes to fully support the other major browsers).

IE was the best and leader for years, but Microsoft has done very little to maintain that quality in the past seven years, and there's quite a bit of credibility to the assertion that Microsoft is intentionally retarding it's development on the grounds that dependable, fully, and properly working web applications pose a significant threat to it's own lucrative software business.

Continue to be a stringent IE supporter if that's what suits you, but there's ample evidence that it's a technically inferior browser that, by design, exposes your system to inexcusable security risks and receives very poor, intermittent support from it's own maker. You should expect regular problems.

As with every web browser there is problems, I choose IE purely because Microsoft is a company I trust and as I have a "paid for" Vista OS which I get all the technical support I need for my software/browser etc...

...I bet you wouldn't believe me if I said this, but my PC isn't even running any Virus Protection software of any kind (except the preset Windows Security) I've been like this for the past 2 months "yeah, my PC is left wide open to attacks" and no I haven't had any attacks (I had constant security attacks when with Norton Antivirus on XP). But back to IE, it's all down to the user and how they use the browser as to how good it is etc, if the user mistreats it by downloading unsupported plugins or going to sites that are looking to pose threats to just about any web browser user it's their problem NOT Microsoft's

I actually Remember in Febuary of thisyear my FireFox browser went "kaput" and there was no way to fix it (I looked for help everywhere on the FireFox site) and the only way to fix it was to do a complete uninstall then re-install which I have never had to do with IE in the whole 9½ years I've used it (and many versions starting at IE3.0) since late 1997 (2 years after IE was first included on Windows95)

Wow, 9½ years... That is one hell of a long time to get my say about me actually liking IE, when I've had more than enough years to try a good few internet browsers such as AOL, NetScape, Yahoo and a few morewhich now include Opera and FireFox. Not quite every popular web browser, but I've been around long enough to know that there is plenty of choices and I've chosen the one I like - And yeah, it's Internet Explorer:cool:

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 14:29
firefox is soooo fast i love it!

dejkirkby
May 10th, 2007, 19:45
VampDude, silly to post that you have no AV software mate!

gdf
May 11th, 2007, 12:00
MUST DESTORY VAMP'S PC.

a friend of my mum had problems and the technician who came to fix it said it was from ie and she needed to start using ff. that is when my mum finally stopped using ie.

VampDude
May 11th, 2007, 12:19
VampDude, silly to post that you have no AV software mate!

I have in some way got AV software, cause I have the one that Windows Security one that comes packaged with both XP and Vista (below)

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/windowssecurity.jpg

b8a
May 11th, 2007, 13:06
Wow, that's some incredible experience you've had. Well, that's the reason I'm glad that people have the choice to use IE if they want.

I guess it's kind of like: 90% of the people I know who have ever driven a Ford have had nothing but problems with those cars, but there's always that 10% or so that have driven nothing but Fords, have had absolutely no problems with them, and swear by them. To each their own I guess.

I'm serious about it being a technically inferior browser though. It's got a lot of problems under the hood that have been well documented since version 6 and still remain in version 7. Maybe I could sway your opinion of the it if I could get you to build a thorough, modern web site though? Even if cross-browser compatibility isn't a concern, developing for IE is enough to make you want to slam your head through a wall (!_!)

Oh, by the way, you probably shouldn't refer to AOL as if it's a seperate browser. It's just IE. If anything, it's IE with better security.

VampDude
May 11th, 2007, 13:25
Wow, that's some incredible experience you've had. Well, that's the reason I'm glad that people have the choice to use IE if they want.

I guess it's kind of like: 90% of the people I know who have ever driven a Ford have had nothing but problems with those cars, but there's always that 10% or so that have driven nothing but Fords, have had absolutely no problems with them, and swear by them. To each their own I guess.

I'm serious about it being a technically inferior browser though. It's got a lot of problems under the hood that have been well documented since version 6 and still remain in version 7. Maybe I could sway your opinion of the it if I could get you to build a thorough, modern web site though? Even if cross-browser compatibility isn't a concern, developing for IE is enough to make you want to slam your head through a wall (!_!)

Oh, by the way, you probably shouldn't refer to AOL as if it's a seperate browser. It's just IE. If anything, it's IE with better security.

AOL fails....

....Purely because it always logs out've it's session and and there are always error log messages, plus you have to sign in each time to use it - whereas on IE you don't have to

SnesR0X
May 11th, 2007, 16:45
i used to use IE all the time, now I use firefox, it's not much of a difference, but I'm fairly sure it's faster

VampDude
May 12th, 2007, 00:37
i used to use IE all the time, now I use firefox, it's not much of a difference, but I'm fairly sure it's faster

It's about the same, Netscape is better than FireFox (NS & FF both made by Mozilla)

Netscape Installation - notice it saying anything ???

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/Netscape002.jpg

And yeah, Netscape 8.13 is based on FireFox (notice the FireFox logo on the bottom left corner)

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/Netscape001.jpg

I feel FireFox is inferior to Netscape, I say so because Netscape looks nicer!

JKKDARK
May 12th, 2007, 03:16
you should buy firefox

gdf
May 12th, 2007, 10:26
buy?

i got mine free from the mozilla site...?