PDA

View Full Version : XMB Theme Cycler V0.2 -- With unlimited slots for themes!!!

wraggster
May 4th, 2007, 21:32
News/release from luislizard:

Hi, this is my second release of this program and now has support for as much themes your memory stick can hold.

Now it checks if file is present before flashing, meaning that now you can just throw in a BG and a topmenu_plugin and it will still work (Last version you needed all the rco's for it to work).

This program changes your XMB theme every time you restart your PSP automatically. It works by using the autorun feature in OE firmwares (Not working in 3.03 OE-C, but as an alternative...) , you can also cycle your theme by running Cycle Theme at your game menu. It supports gameboots, BG and most rco's commonly flashed (If you want support for another rco to be added please tell me.)

This was tested on my 3.40 OE PSP and worked flawlessly.

In case that for some reason the psp would turn off when flashing you just have to restart the psp and it will flash the files again (if you have the autorun feature enabled.)

If you have any suggestions or feature requests post to this thread so i can keep improving this.

Installation instructions at README.

Features:
-- Unlimited slots for saving themes NEW!!
-- Automatic theme flashing at startup

Files it can flash: (Requests accepted)
--topmenu_plugin.rco
--opening_plugin.rco
--savedata_plugin.rco
--gameboot.pmf
--system_plugin.rco
--01-12.bmp
--impose_plugin.rco
--premo_plugin.rco
--system_plugin_fg.rco
--system_plugin_bg.rco
--photo_plugin.rco
--game_plugin.rco
--sysconf_plugin.rco
--ltn0.pgf

TODO:
-- Flash dummy font to free space.
-- Monthly theme cycling.
-- Randomize Function.
-- More cycling options (like each day, or week).
-- Improve scripting.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29365788/Theme_Cycler.zip

IMPORTANT:
-- The README file is your friend, take a look at it before using.

-- if you want both autorun and the manual Cycle Theme function you need to set the 1.5 kernel to GAME since the boot folder has to be strictly at GAME, not GAME150.

-- DO NOT RENAME THE BOOT FOLDER, AND IT SHOULD BE LOCATED IN THE GAME FOLDER, NOT GAME150, NOT GAME340, IF YOUR ARE GOING TO USE AUTOBOOT.

-- AS A PRECAUTION, FREE SPACE IN FLASH0 BEFORE USING WITH A PROGRAM SUCH AS FLASH AGENT OR ELSE IT CAN SEMI-BRICK BECAUSE FLASH0 IS FULL.

Download Above and Give Feedback Via Comments
via liuslizard (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1544370&postcount=1)

Buddy4point0
May 4th, 2007, 21:59
sweet!
i like having a trandom theme each time, but would like it from sleep mode

siulmagic
May 4th, 2007, 22:34
wont this brick the psp there will be a time when the flash will have no free space

Chameleon
May 5th, 2007, 04:03
the files replace the original ones as long as you dont have any files that are too large and you free space beforehand youll be fine

mnuhaily22
May 5th, 2007, 04:52
Could someone upload it here please???

Chameleon
May 5th, 2007, 04:58
here it is:

mnuhaily22
May 5th, 2007, 07:29
Thanks bud, but I just got it off QJ :(, anyways it's really good other than that it takes about 20 seconds extra on boot up!!!