PDA

View Full Version : MapThis0499_beta - featuring localization, basic sound, etc...

deniska
May 4th, 2007, 21:51
This beta build features:

- basic localization support (read and write in your own language!!)
- basic sound (currently just key beeps and "Speed warning" message if preset speed limit is exceeded
- improvements in geo search logic, allowing more relaxed search

Installation:
make sure that you:
-install PSP-290 version in /PSP/GAME3XX folder (depending on your OE FW version)
-install Holux version in /PSP/GAME150 folder

You folders must have following structure:
/PSP/GAMExx/
mapViewer/
EBOOT.PBP (get appropriate version)
usbacc.prx (psp-290 only)
usbgps.prx (psp-290 only)
system/
maps/
---------------------------------------------------------
I provided a sample language pack as an example (perhaps someone could do a better translation of the labels?)
To install bundled russian_language_pack, copy the contents of russian_language_pack folder in to system folder

To create you own language pack, you need to edit the files in the russian_language_pack folder.
make sure you define your character set in localization.txt and then create corresponding images for your new sets and danzeff keyboards.

Special thanks to MIB.42 & coach777 for helping out with localization and sound support.

An0nJ0hn
May 4th, 2007, 22:04
Awesome!!!!

In case you didn't see my other thread Thanks a million man. I probably won't have time to try this today but I can't wait to try it. Do you accept donations? Let me know if you do.

deniska
May 4th, 2007, 22:14
sure, you can send your life savings to televny(at)yahoo(dot)com paypal account...:D

(Some more info is in the donations thread that people opened some time ago)

BTW, thanks to everyone who donated time, skills, money and hardware to this project!

An0nJ0hn
May 4th, 2007, 22:19
sure, you can send your life savings to televny(at)yahoo(dot)com paypal account...

(Some more info is in the donations thread that people opened some time ago)

BTW, thanks to everyone who donated time, skills, money and hardware to this project!

Cool man. I'll see about buying you a beer or two. Not much, I know, but it's the least I can do. When I get a chance I'll look up that thread and follow up. You deserve it. :thumbup:

Ranmax09
May 4th, 2007, 22:50
Thanks deniska! :)

destructdez1
May 4th, 2007, 23:48
Is the sound customizible? Anyways, Good job. I've been waiting for a whiel for this :D Ill try it our tonight!

Codaz
May 5th, 2007, 00:38
O here is the new version. Great Deniska.

I'll make a dutch version next weekend or week.

Can you give an explanation on why .098 fixes slower than 0.97, and what about this version does it fix faster ?

bakuras
May 5th, 2007, 01:07
Tks for all deniska... but... may i ask... what is the src folder for??? sorry for being such a noob... great job so far deniska

jlapton
May 5th, 2007, 02:35
Thanks and will try it now.

deniska
May 5th, 2007, 02:53
Tks for all deniska... but... may i ask... what is the src folder for??? sorry for being such a noob... great job so far deniska

src folder contains the source code in "C" for the application, in case someone wants to improve it or port to another platform

deniska
May 5th, 2007, 02:56
O here is the new version. Great Deniska.

I'll make a dutch version next weekend or week.

Can you give an explanation on why .098 fixes slower than 0.97, and what about this version does it fix faster ?

I don't think we made any chages to the satellite aquisition logic recently (this includes all versions you mentioned)
"Fix speed" would depend on weather, satellite layout, interferences, etc.. so it's very unpredictable...

deniska
May 5th, 2007, 03:13
Is the sound customizible? Anyways, Good job. I've been waiting for a whiel for this :D Ill try it our tonight!
There are two mp3 files in systems folder... feel free to change them...

Raiderman
May 5th, 2007, 04:10
Great work! Thanks alot!

bumper_boy2000
May 5th, 2007, 08:04
can i check with you guys wad's the baud rate for teh psp 290? what should i set it in the config.txt file? 4800/38400 or something else? or could anyone post their config.txt here? those which have received excellent results. :)

marcellomarchese
May 5th, 2007, 10:53
Hey deniska I can make the italian translation for localization.txt and help.txt files,what about it?
by the way i have some questions:
1) in GPS INFO what is that LOC value on top right that changes by pressing digital right?

2) How can I import/export my POIs from a version to another?

3) Isn't there really anything we can do to have the geodata files for europe??
like exctracting it from other applications?:p

can i check with you guys wad's the baud rate for teh psp 290? what should i set it in the config.txt file? 4800/38400 or something else? or could anyone post their config.txt here? those which have received excellent results. :)

baud rate does not matter for psp-290 so leave it like this ;)

bumper_boy2000
May 5th, 2007, 15:22
hmm i'm having some problems with the North Up and Track Up modes. When I turn my body to face another direction in North Up, the arrow doesn't change. Neither does the screen rotate in Track Up mode. is there a setting which i missed out? or wad...? :s

BaDaPpLe
May 5th, 2007, 15:23
Awsome work Deniska, Thanks alot for adding the speed setting 'slow down'... At first glance I found an issuse with the time clock. Will take it out for a drive today and see if I can find anymore bugs.

PSP[skitz]
May 5th, 2007, 17:05
Just downloaded it! Gonna give it a spin today. Great weather clear sky. =]

bumper_boy2000
May 6th, 2007, 06:24
deniska boss, could you recommend which prx's to use for 3.40 oe-a + 0.499 beta?

Mobz87
May 6th, 2007, 08:43
Can anyone tell me how the Speed warning works? how does it know what the speed limit is?

Ranmax09
May 6th, 2007, 10:48
Satellite :) Whenever you go past the speed limit it would beep I think.

Mobz87
May 6th, 2007, 13:05
Satellite :) Whenever you go past the speed limit it would beep I think.

But how does it know what the speed limit is? or how do I install the speed limits?

BaDaPpLe
May 6th, 2007, 14:12
But how does it know what the speed limit is? or how do I install the speed limits?

You set your max speed limit in the config file..

Mobz87
May 6th, 2007, 19:53
You set your max speed limit in the config file..

okay.. but the speed limit on the freeway is not the same as in the city ;)

So we cant download speed limits off google-map??

whilis
May 7th, 2007, 22:34
Hello to all the forum.
Deniska, MIB.42_5, Thank you very much by yours I magnify work.

SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE VERSIONS:
Pois of warning is informed in advance (editable). To add sound to those warnings

A greeting to all the forum

dreetje9
May 9th, 2007, 14:40
@ First: :thumbup: to Deniska and Insane, keep up the good work, i love Mapthis0499 already.

Bought the PSP GPS-290 on E-bay today, so now we'll wait till it arrives, and hook it up to the PSP.

Hope it works directly, , navigation on a PSP, who would have thought it.

Greets from Holland

Codaz
May 9th, 2007, 16:28
Dreetje if you need any dutch help on Mapthis and PSP-290 you can pm me.

I'm trying with my new setup

3.10OE-A1
2.71 and 3.03 PRX
3.10 kernel

Fixing time is 3,5 minute.

Wolf2000
May 9th, 2007, 16:43
Very nice, my PSP-290 arrived today and I'm very happy! It works very well, except you can not look up addresses and no direction announcement is present. Specially the second thing would be nice ;)

Greetz Wolf

dreetje9
May 9th, 2007, 16:47
Dreetje if you need any dutch help on Mapthis and PSP-290 you can pm me.

I'm trying with my new setup

3.10OE-A1
2.71 and 3.03 PRX
3.10 kernel

Fixing time is 3,5 minute.

Hé Codaz, thanks for the offer.

When ive got my PSP-GPS in , i'll see if it works, or else your my man :thumbup:

Codaz
May 9th, 2007, 17:06
Deniska, first experiences with 0.99:

-It chrashes while loading different zoom levels after hearing Beep.mp3 ! This occurs randomly.

First if you go to a zoomlevel Mapthis tries to play the sound, then the memorystick light starts to lit, but stays on, then the psp freezes.

-Sound from Speedlimit hangs at speedlimit, it says warning,warning,warning,warning etc.

bumper_boy2000
May 9th, 2007, 17:11
I would think the problem lies with your memory card. Better check if it's fake.

clody
May 9th, 2007, 18:32
Deniska, first experiences with 0.99:

-It chrashes while loading different zoom levels after hearing Beep.mp3 ! This occurs randomly.

First if you go to a zoomlevel Mapthis tries to play the sound, then the memorystick light starts to lit, but stays on, then the psp freezes.

-Sound from Speedlimit hangs at speedlimit, it says warning,warning,warning,warning etc.

I experienced the same problem. Once I lock on to the Sats and zoom in, the whole PSP hangs. Using 3.40. If I leave it along, it will move smoothly. And when the sound comes on, it will hang. And I bought the original MS Duo, unless the sony shop itself sold me the fake one?

pkunk
May 9th, 2007, 22:37
I get hangs occasionally when zooming in or out... Not sure whats causing it.

bumper_boy2000
May 10th, 2007, 14:01
some shops sell fake memory sticks. but if ur saying you bought it from a SONY shop, then probably something else's the problem.

ebee
May 10th, 2007, 18:14
This is a great piece of work!! Thanks deniska!!
I am new to all this but ordered my PSP-290 from eBay after reading on this forum. PSP-290 has arrived today!!
I am a noob so don't know where to start. Can someone please let me know latest files to download and the process please..

I already have a 3.03OEC done on a TA-082 mobo ((I believe this resulted idStorageChange - not sure how this will affect)). I hope this is compatible.
I have also set my cpu speed to 333mhz, will that also need reducing in PSP?
thanks for this great work!!

seroxeno
May 10th, 2007, 23:14
Hello to all the forum.
Deniska, MIB.42_5, Thank you very much by yours I magnify work.

SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE VERSIONS:
Pois of warning is informed in advance (editable). To add sound to those warnings

A greeting to all the forum

Now you cannot add sounds for POIS warning?

Some like this in one _pois file

------------------------------------

!IMAGE:120.png,
!SOUND:120_warning.mp3
40.363700,-3.700710,R91-013/ M-40 23;2,,
40.343070,-3.655800,R91-015/ M-45 12;7 KP/SV,,
------------------------------------

Thx deniska for you job (from other developer ;) )

deniska
May 11th, 2007, 02:50
I'll look in to it

outsider
May 11th, 2007, 05:28
very very nice release THANKS!

whilis
May 12th, 2007, 10:09
Thanks seroxeno and deniska by your commentaries, I stay to the delay of new features.

Milhause
May 15th, 2007, 17:05
How program I can use to read record GPS data (gps.txt) or convert to KLM (google earth).
Thank you

_Shin_
May 16th, 2007, 11:05
Hi there !

thanks for your works guys !

weird>
I'm on TA-86 3.40 OE and i freezes on me evrytime after 1-2 sec in a map o_O (genuine sandisk 1Go ms progaming here)

Edit: apparently 0.48 and 0.47 refuse also to work now... even gps test is freezing on me after a few seconds after getting gps state 3 !! it's still the same prxs and proggram as the last time and it worked ! is my gps-290 broken ? is it 3.40OE ? (tried again with 1.50 ans 340 kernel mode...same thing) wth ? please guys hint me on someth, please...

Milhause
May 16th, 2007, 13:17
Hi there !

weird>
I'm on TA-86 3.40 OE and i freezes on me evrytime after 1-2 sec in a map o_O (genuine sandisk 1Go ms progaming here)

Edit: apparently 0.48 and 0.47 refuse also to work now... even gps test is freezing on me after a few seconds after getting gps state 3 !! it's still the same prxs and proggram as the last time and it worked ! is my gps-290 broken ? is it 3.40OE ? (tried again with 1.50 ans 340 kernel mode...same thing) wth ? please guys hint me on someth, please...

MapThis in FW 3.40oe is freezing,
optimal FW is 3.03 or 3.30

Baboon
May 16th, 2007, 14:37
Hi there !

weird>

Your lucky you got it working at all lol... im on 340oe and it locks up on 'loading map' everytime and fails to load the map (and thats with the test sample maps)... doh! Ive also read on these forums that mapthis tens to lock up on 4gb cards! :(

MapThis in FW 3.40oe is freezing,
optimal FW is 3.03 or 3.30

Lets hope the issues with 340oe are addressed in the next version of mapthis then? :)

dreetje9
May 16th, 2007, 16:47
Guys,

I really would like to thank you for this version of Mapthis, i've got a 3.03OE-C version, Mapthis 0.499_beta in combination with the PSP290 and it works like a charm.

I've just got the GPS-device today, and due to the weather I didn't managed to lock on any sattelites yet, but it was able to find 3 after a couple of minutes while standing outside, so i'll try again later with better weather.

deniska
May 16th, 2007, 16:59
try lowering CPU clock to 100Mhz; adjusting the PSP-290's head and not moving the device while it's locking - you may get better chances this way...
Initial lockup may take ~5-10 minutes..

dreetje9
May 16th, 2007, 17:27
try lowering CPU clock to 100Mhz; adjusting the PSP-290's head and not moving the device while it's locking - you may get better chances this way...
Initial lockup may take ~5-10 minutes..

Allright,

just had another go, turned Mapthis on, let the PSP search for sattelites and it fixed 4-6 in within a minute.

Also took a little walk, and it work's :thumbup:

Now I just need to find out how to solve my other problem concerning directions (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63345)

_Shin_
May 17th, 2007, 06:43
Baboon>ho, I see. thanks, was starting to worry ^^''
let's just wait or dowmgrade then :) (I had a 4Gb MS so time ago but did get the chance to test it out with mapthis...I have a 1Gb now...)

Codaz
May 17th, 2007, 19:38
Hmm why is 3.40 so unstable ? It doesn't even load up on startup ? I want to upgrade to 3.40 but i want also to keep my GPS :)

3.40 is cool because of the new JoySDL :) Fullscreen GPS :) and also (if it gets fixed) Pimpstreamer....

parzeval23
May 17th, 2007, 19:52
I would like to ask if the .zip files are supported?
I can't start the GLOBAL MAP.zip :(

An0nJ0hn
May 17th, 2007, 21:19
I would like to ask if the .zip files are supported?
I can't start the GLOBAL MAP.zip :(

I don't think Map This reads .zip files. I think it used to but that they switched to the GPSFS file format instead. Someone will correct this if I'm wrong. Unzip the file and it will load fine.

knightrider
May 19th, 2007, 23:16
ive got a question, how do we get the sounds to work if we are using the serial cable? do i need to cut the headphone pin off? cuz once you plug in the reciever it thinks youve got headphones plugged in because of the combination plug

ldijc
May 31st, 2007, 01:11
This is a great thing.
but PSP290 got a hard time for reception in downtown of Toronto. Also it cannot get anything from my apmt. in d/t.
Also it has a bug in the 4gb memory card.

Other then that!! this a one great program!!!! thx a lot

Mad-B-Man
May 31st, 2007, 05:20
Hello, I just got my PSP-290 today.

Though after a hard days of work, I'm too lazy to deal with all the PRX unpacking today. I probably will have to get reacquainted with my psp first though, havn't touched it since I did the 3.03 OE-A thing.

Just wanted to drop by today to say thanks for the nice little program.

MIB.42
May 31st, 2007, 17:29
ive got a question, how do we get the sounds to work if we are using the serial cable? do i need to cut the headphone pin off? cuz once you plug in the reciever it thinks youve got headphones plugged in because of the combination plug

http://pc-mobile.net/pspgps.htm

megagab
June 1st, 2007, 16:36
Hmm why is 3.40 so unstable ? It doesn't even load up on startup ? I want to upgrade to 3.40 but i want also to keep my GPS :)

3.40 is cool because of the new JoySDL :) Fullscreen GPS :) and also (if it gets fixed) Pimpstreamer....

It works fine for me on 3.40OE with version 499.

It does freeze from time to time but it was doing that on previous FW as well...

FatesWebb
June 1st, 2007, 17:20
you are correct, the latest version does not read .zip files, it only uses the gpsfs files, that are built into gmdl.

destructdez1
June 4th, 2007, 16:25
Hello,
I really dont know if anyone has posted what im about to say.

Ok here goes. Recently i decided to testout a few things i have not attemted with map this and I found that if you are running pluggins on 3.10 FW up to 3.40 (my current version) MapThis tends to freeze and crash. I have not yet determined the number of pluggins or the type of plugins that cause a successfull MapThis Crash. So far, I know that four(4) pluggins or one(1) CW Cheat installation (actually i think cw only has 3) will cause a crash. I have tried other pluggins and different combinations of active pluggins that end up the same way at four(4) or more active pluggins.
Be aware that i am using a 3.40 OE FW with a 1GB memstick running at default 222/111 CPU speed. I have also tried this on the unofficial MapThis.

Please keep in mind that not all tests resulted in a crash at any number of pluggins. I bellive it just might be a simple cpu/mem overload. This was done On The Fly and may not be valid with all PSP's untill 'propper' testsare done. Just something i thought i should share :)

FatesWebb
June 4th, 2007, 17:56
yeah that has been mentioned, specifically with the cheat plugin.

why cheat? especially why cheat at a gps program?

sl1pkn07
August 1st, 2007, 23:39
MapThis 4.99 Spanish (by Wallashc & sL1pKn07 (localization.txt), Harpik3d (menubuttons.png) and "?" (help.txt + config.txt)

NOTES:

- what this is TTF text type ?

- LOCAL_CHARSET= (put on lower or upper Case?¿)

- Need a blank danzeff keyboard pics

PD: howto make screenshot on menu/help/config?

EDIT: Localizations and Denzel keyboard don't work

greetings

EDIT: Remove Attached file

deniska
August 2nd, 2007, 06:01
- what this is TTF text type ?

- LOCAL_CHARSET= (put on lower or upper Case?¿)

- Need a blank danzeff keyboard pics

PD: howto make screenshot on menu/help/config?

greetings

LOCAL_CHARSET - defines the order in which the image parts of
system/localfont_small.png
system/bigfont.png
are linked to your local letter codes
You only need to define it if you have non-latin latters in your local alphabet..

Use irShell or xmb plugins to make screenshots of the menus...

PM leaod - he may have blank keyboard templates.. if not - you'll need to "clean" it with photoshop

PDG
August 2nd, 2007, 16:39
LOCAL_CHARSET - defines the order in which the image parts of
system/localfont_small.png
system/bigfont.png
are linked to your local letter codes
You only need to define it if you have non-latin latters in your local alphabet..

Use irShell or xmb plugins to make screenshots of the menus...

PM leaod - he may have blank keyboard templates.. if not - you'll need to "clean" it with photoshop

Hi Densika
I just got your application running on my PSP with Firmware 3.52 M33-2 and the PSP-290 GPS module from sony and i even made some maps over sunny Sweden and the Stockholm region "I got about 1.4Gb data on my first try :)"

Im writing a "How To Guide on a Swedish Forum and im even including a Flash guide on how to install your software on the site and im wondering if thats ok with you and if i might be of assistande translating the program into diffrent languages ;)

I know both Swedish, Polish and some German :thumbup: Working in Photoshop is no problem if customising charsets would be needed. And even including speachfiles :)

PM me if it sounds intresting.

Cheers
/Pendragon

deniska
August 2nd, 2007, 19:48
Sure, create a new thread, called language packs/internationalization and put attach your files there....

Thanks

Airwave
August 2nd, 2007, 21:11
Wow PDG,thats great and wonderfull idea.i want to know how do you get running map this on CFw 3.52 M33.

Nice nice and the greatest are a translation for any nationalizations ;)

good luck all and thanks deniska

PDG
August 3rd, 2007, 07:29
Sure, create a new thread, called language packs/internationalization and put attach your files there....

Thanks

Cool :) ill get right on it.

And heres a tip for you for the next version of MapThis ;)
in the folder System make a folder called Languagepack :) and code in support to change languagefiles and preset a confing for that country that you may choose as default instead in MapThis :thumbup:

For example:
/System/Languagepacks/Sweden/ *Swedish translation + Configfile*
/System/Languagepacks/Poland/ *Polish translation + Configfile*
/System/Languagepacks/Germany/ *German translation + Configfile*
/System/Languagepacks/England/ *English translation + Configfile*
/System/Languagepacks/America/ *American translation + Configfile*
and so on :)

And maby some subfolders in each config for customized graphix and sounds while youre at it.

/system/languagepacks/Swedish with sub folders like /images /sounds /config /help "or just let the config and help file be in the "/sweden" languegefolder root :)

Ooh by the way, do you have .PSD files for Photoshop or so from all images with text and maby fonts ? i would love to help out there too and translate it all :)

PDG
August 3rd, 2007, 08:13
Wow PDG,thats great and wonderfull idea.i want to know how do you get running map this on CFw 3.52 M33.

Nice nice and the greatest are a translation for any nationalizations ;)

good luck all and thanks deniska

Oh it was tough *Lol*
If it is okay with you i can direct you to a Swedish forum where i made some flash movies of how to extraxt prx files and how to set up the MapThis on a PSP running Custom FW 3.52 M33-2 :)

http://forum.psxcare.com/support/showpost.php?p=163430&postcount=1

Just look in the quoted section Step 1 and Step 3 is in Swedish, step two isnt finished but im working on it. And if Deniska wants a translation i can ad that to a Close Captioning feature in the program ( CC button on the flash ) :)

mgph
November 24th, 2007, 04:17
Hi....I just got a PSP-290 GPS receiver from play-asia.com and I tried to use that. But it doesn't work at all for me....

even though I can run MapThis! 0.505 version on my 3.71 m33 OE PSP phat, view and scroll all over the maps that I downloaded using GMDL including hybrid, but the (connection) signal signs isn't supposed to change in the program. I press square button and it said "GPS mode on" but connection strength stay at zero, colour is RED and Why ? I don't see any signs of the GPS device when I attached at USB showing it's power on like blinking green light...sounding or whatever....It happens even when I connect while plugged as I saw someone said can only work while plug-in. I think it's been broken even before me ? or not ?

I running on 3.71 kernel mode as I don't know where to put files when run on 1.50. For now, I put all files into psp/game/.

It took too much time for me but still doesn't work and please, help me...I'd really appreciate your help and also thanks in advance for reading my long texts.

deniska
November 24th, 2007, 07:44
try installing version 0.520 in to /PSP/GAME/371 directory.
make sure ENABLESERIALPORT=0 in config.txt file

check GPS INFO screen to see if you get any satellites , gps time is running, etc..
if not - perhaps you have to clean up some registry keys - read the FAQs

moonlord04
January 16th, 2008, 10:36
Hi,guys..been reading thru the threads this whole week..
i installed 0.499 beta inot my game352 folder..i can get the mapthis to run and i got a view of the map..i can scroll ard etc..but i am not able to get it to lock onto any satelites nor does it detect any satelite in range..the only thing tat runs is the triptime...the rest all stay still..even when i take it out ..30 mins later it still shows the same thing..gps strength is 0 and gps state is on off..i really cant find any other ways to solve..can anyone give me directions? Thks ! oh and by the way , i am using psp 290 , on version 3.52 M33-2 . I got the GAME352 folder and 2 folders inside. Mapviewer and mapviewer% inside.Pls advise..

moonlord04
January 16th, 2008, 10:40
Hi Densika
I just got your application running on my PSP with Firmware 3.52 M33-2 and the PSP-290 GPS module from sony and i even made some maps over sunny Sweden and the Stockholm region "I got about 1.4Gb data on my first try :)"

Im writing a "How To Guide on a Swedish Forum and im even including a Flash guide on how to install your software on the site and im wondering if thats ok with you and if i might be of assistande translating the program into diffrent languages ;)

I know both Swedish, Polish and some German :thumbup: Working in Photoshop is no problem if customising charsets would be needed. And even including speachfiles :)

PM me if it sounds intresting.

Cheers
/Pendragon

PDG, i saw you have the same version as me..can teach me step by step on the installing part? Guess you saw my problems on the last post .. GPS state off, no satelites in view , when i press square , only trip time is moving..nothing else is moving.. tried taking it with me ard..but 30 mins later still the same thing..

PDG
January 19th, 2008, 16:52
PDG, i saw you have the same version as me..can teach me step by step on the installing part? Guess you saw my problems on the last post .. GPS state off, no satelites in view , when i press square , only trip time is moving..nothing else is moving.. tried taking it with me ard..but 30 mins later still the same thing..

Version 0.499 is quite old ;)
Try the 0.5xx newer ones instead, and try to adapt my old guides i have included to my signature ;)

haizad
January 29th, 2008, 10:03
Hi all, I haven't been on this forum for a while, was pretty satisfied with the previous versions of MapThis and the GMDL tool. It's been fun using both these apps, and my thanks to the developers for both these apps. Right now I've just replaced my PC with a Mac, so I was wondering if anyone has any idea as to how to generate maps with on a Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.