PDA

View Full Version : quirky problem with custom firmware please help

ayhoung
May 5th, 2007, 09:20
hey guys, i'm having a problem that i need help with. This has happened ever since i installed 3.10 OE where basically whenever i try to load default settings in system settings, it BRICKS!

Anyways, after it bricks i just run the recovery program and its all good back in 1.5 again. The thing is, it keeps doing this and i cant stop it. I tried installing diff firmwares up to 3.40OE from dark alex and its all the same.

I guess what i need is anything that would completely restore my psp back to its original state? Does recovery program completely restore the flash files?

also i dont see anything under internet where u usually see stuff like ptv

I know that i installed everything correctly, and im running not on a TA-082.

Please help!!!

pt9087
May 5th, 2007, 10:59
Go back to 1.5 and restore factory settings... then flash 3.xx OE and try then!.!.!.

Chameleon
May 5th, 2007, 11:31
restore factories default settings... thats all i can think of
Flash1 must be corrupt

ayhoung
May 5th, 2007, 12:18
thanks for the input guys, but i recovered it to 1.5 and it automatically restores factory settings. i tried it again but it still doesnt work. 3.03OE works fine but anything above dies on me.

pt9087
May 5th, 2007, 20:37
Hmm

wolfpack
May 5th, 2007, 21:01
very odd indeed... somethings corrupt in there, maybe if it could be found, that file can be replaced. dont know which file it would be though

ayhoung
May 6th, 2007, 03:10
thanks guys im gonna try replacing the flash1 files from another psp if any more suggestions plz dont hesitate!

ayhoung
June 5th, 2007, 18:28
hey guys i just found out there was nothing wrong with my flash1 files.
So im wondering if you guys know any flash0 files i should not touch at all, and which ones i can over write?

parkermauney
June 5th, 2007, 18:37
Only your vsh/resource files and a few font files. Anything else can cause a brick.

splodger15
June 5th, 2007, 19:05
Do not even consider the idea or thinking about replacing flash0 from another psp you will kill it dead then

ayhoung
June 7th, 2007, 13:17
can i delete some prx plugins that seem extra?

Chameleon
June 7th, 2007, 13:27
you cant delete anything from the kd or kn folders... modify them or replace them with a different psps because the are sigchecked ( every psps files are different)

ayhoung
June 8th, 2007, 08:34
Hey i have found out my problem.

I downloaded super safe password flasher and it worked only on 3.03!

so that means anything about 3.03 screwed for me. Anyways, i tried contacting the maker for uninstaller but so far no luck.

What i read is that it modifies the vshmain.prx so can i replace this file with another psp? thanks