PDA

View Full Version : [Singapore] Having problems with 3.40 OE-A and GPS-290

bumper_boy2000
May 5th, 2007, 17:21
Hi guys, as the topic states, I'm a PSP-GPS user from Singapore. I've a few questions hoping you guys can contribute to clarify. :D

First of all, let me tell you my current stats:
3.40 OE-A + Map This! 0.499 Beta + 3.40 PRX

I've tried these configurations also:
3.40 OE-A + Map This! 0.499 Beta + 3.30 PRX
3.40 OE-A + Map This! 0.497 Beta + 3.40 PRX

For all 3, the only difference I can see is the interface which Deniska has improved for each version. Other than that, performance-wise, problem-wise, it's still the same.

Problem 1: From my 6th storey house, I can grab 8 satellites, locking on to 5. This occurs in the day/night. However, when I go downstairs to ground level, IN THE NIGHT, I receive ZERO Locking, though I can view at least 4 satellites. In the day, I went down, took a stroll around my condominium estate, and it worked pretty well. (In this case I guess it's another I'm-having-problems-at-night situation.)

Problem 2: I don't know what's the difference if I switch from 333mhz to 111mhz. Other than slower controlling speed, AND improved "SPEED" in 3.40 OE-A + 0.499/0.499 beta + 3.40 PRX, for the last configuration, I'm stuck at 0.50 "SPEED" at the GPS Info section.

Problem 3: I can't get Track Up to work AT NIGHT. Maybe because in the day just now, I used North Up only while strolling around, and didn't try Track Up. Regretted this.

Problem 4: In the car at night, I can spot a few satellites here and there, ranging from 0 to 2 to 4 as I journeyed around a 2km radius near my house. Locking on to NONE all the way though.

Conclusion:
I don't know what's the BEST configuration, ie. still 3.40 OE-A, but with WHAT version of Map This! and which PRX file combination to use. Could you guys post up your configurations and comments on how it worked/not work for you?

P.S. Maybe the boss, Deniska(I've pm-ed you, hope you don't mind) could add in too as the other forumers state their views?

Thanks guys! Eagerly awaiting your responses!

yaro666
May 6th, 2007, 14:31
i have problems too. i have 3.40oe and almost everything works. when i try to see GPS INFO i see nothing but timer running and GPS: ON, rest are 0. i've tried prx, ready installers from other topic, and all the same all the time. how can i make this runnin'?

bumper_boy2000
May 6th, 2007, 15:10
Yea guys. Need some valuable input. :D

gary_knight
July 8th, 2007, 14:34
Hey..Could I ask how did can we get the 3.40 prx file?

deniska
July 8th, 2007, 20:31
Yea guys. Need some valuable input. :D

Your problems may be hardware related (see my thread on getting the most out of PSP-290 receiver: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65484)

To confirm that this is indeed the hardware - try getting maplus and see if you get better performance with it (although you would not be able to use maps - it will show you the satellite status)