PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus R11 to be released on Sunday

burrito
May 6th, 2007, 01:50
A few minutes ago, Strmn Nrmn posted this news on his blog (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/).

R11 Sometime on Sunday

I'm very close to having R11 ready for release, and I'm aiming to have everything finished some time tomorrow morning (that's Sunday morning, UK time.)

I've spent the day putting in number of changes to the way that Daedalus allocates memory for various lookup tables. Namely, I've replaced a couple of stl maps I was using to keep track of cached textures and dynarec fragments with sorted vectors, which should help reduce fragmentation and improve cache usage. Basically it should make things even more stable and give another small speedup.

I've also been through and updated the rom.ini file I talked about a couple of weeks ago to make sure that it contains accurate information for the save type. I noticed that many of the entries for European roms were undefined, which can cause various compatibility problems. Hopefully this should mean that a few more European roms are working in R11.

Finally I realised that there was a dynarec issue which was preventing Super Smash Bros from going in-game. Although that's not fixed (that's something for R12) I have disabled dynarec for SSB by default. With my various texture cache fixes SSB is now running in-game, albeit with messed up graphics and at just 15 fps. Here's a teaser screenshot of SSB running in R11:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_DFQdY4jxLWo/Rj0jA5jRO2I/AAAAAAAAAEc/ZK1K9gp0isc/s320/ssb.png

Given how many people have been asking for SSB compatibility to be improved, I'm pretty sure this is going to be my main focus for R12. If I can fix the dynarec issue it looks like this is going to run at a solid 25-30fps or more.

Anyway, check back sometime over the next 12 hours for R11 (I'm off to bed for now, let's hope I don't lie in :)

-StrmnNrmn

Can't wait! :)

gunntims0103
May 6th, 2007, 02:18
Moved to news, thanks for the post :)

parkermauney
May 6th, 2007, 02:24
Can't. Stop. Shaking.

factor remix
May 6th, 2007, 02:27
in r12. ssb will run at 25-30fps of 60fps?

Thats still nice, thanks strmnnrmn..!!!

DarthPaul
May 6th, 2007, 02:30
Oh my God Sunday? That means tomorrow!? Hell yeah! And wait..that picture is Smash Bros. aaahhh! I can't wait!

starogre
May 6th, 2007, 02:36
he's right, that IS a teaser screenshot of SSB.

i see it and i'm like, WHOA SSB in the next version! but then i see it wont run fullspeed till r12 and it broke my heart.

oh well, ill just keep on playing all my final fantasies. not even halfway through any of them yet....(i started about 5 different ff games and i'm trying to beat them all at once...hah)

can't wait for super smash...its also the game my friends ask if i can play on my psp whenever they see me running an emulator of any kind

just wait till you get nume donations and host an infrastructure server to host mmo daedalus games :P

edit: actually what he should do is release r11 and solely fix up super smash and release it as r11B or something. i dont know anything about emulation but i'd assume he can just work on that one thing for the next version, instead of working on a lot of different little things

emuking
May 6th, 2007, 02:36
hell yeah ssb b1tches!
i can't wait! :D

JKKDARK
May 6th, 2007, 02:37
oh yeah nice, I can't wait for the release :)

V3N0M
May 6th, 2007, 02:45
Hellz Ya! Super Smash Bros. works!!! :thumbup:

wolfpack
May 6th, 2007, 02:48
me very happy in the pants :p

Zion
May 6th, 2007, 02:57
wow freakin awesome.

when he said it should run 25-30fps in the next release, that dynarec issue might give more games a speed up perhaps :D

possibly a lot of games close/full speed for r12 :eek:

i love this emu :) and thank god we have strmnrmn :D the mans a genious :D

Veskgar
May 6th, 2007, 03:05
What I love about these updates is that StrmnNrmn is always so confident in the progress of this emulator and makes every impending release very exciting.

Thanks in advance for all your work. I look forward to the release.

NeoXCS
May 6th, 2007, 03:07
in r12. ssb will run at 25-30fps of 60fps?

Thats still nice, thanks strmnnrmn..!!!

Actually most N64 games run at 30fps so it would be full speed at 30fps! :D Good job strmnnrmn! :thumbup:

On The Rise
May 6th, 2007, 03:22
this is great news cant wait:thumbup:

xg917
May 6th, 2007, 03:23
60 is only at the main menu and the begining movie intro.. i think
and i definately can wait for R11 and R12 seems like its gona be taken to the next leveL!

Buddy4point0
May 6th, 2007, 03:29
omg dude i so cant wait!!

Napalm-Death
May 6th, 2007, 03:43
I hope that WWF No Mercy works with R11!

CaptainMorgan4
May 6th, 2007, 03:43
Yeah should be fun to play SSB even though it will be with Dynarec disabled, always a good thing to play a NEW game on Daedalus. Always great to see another version of Daedalus releasing, this is my favorite emulator for PSP and it's really comming along, great work StrmnNrmn!

Destroyer699
May 6th, 2007, 04:00
I'll be waiting.

remansano
May 6th, 2007, 04:06
Damn... I should create a paypal account to give him some credit, I just love his work

mfz64
May 6th, 2007, 04:17
can't wait

Zargon
May 6th, 2007, 04:27
This is gonna be sweet!:thumbup:

PrettyStupidPerson
May 6th, 2007, 04:31
SWEEEEEET!!!!!!! but were do i download? i have v3.40. does that matter? how do u put it in?

carlitx
May 6th, 2007, 04:35
wow if this emu keeps going at this rate id say it will soon be perfect for the best n64 games:D nice work man. btw wouldnt it be wiked to have starcraft 64 working on it:P that and ssb are my most anticipated games great job cant wait.

CaptainMorgan4
May 6th, 2007, 04:48
Starcraft is corny anything with "star" is usually corny (except for Starfox) I think Diddy Kong Racing is the other most anticpated game, anyway to answer PrettyStupidPerson's question. Your name doesn't decieve you, if you have 3.40 version PSP then you CANNOT do any emulators or homebrew. You need to either wait a while for a downgrader or get a new PSP with 3.03 firmware or lower. Good luck and sorry but your screwed.

Buddy4point0
May 6th, 2007, 05:00
I hope that WWF No Mercy works with R11!

that would be hard to play with the psps limited buttons.
remember it uses like every button

Gene
May 6th, 2007, 05:18
Holy shit Super Smash Bro's works!!!! Let me put a daiper on before i make a mess!!!

Buddy4point0
May 6th, 2007, 05:23
Holy shit Super Smash Bro's works!!!! Let me put a daiper on before i make a mess!!!

thanks for reminding me, i gotta get mine too lol

carlitx
May 6th, 2007, 05:25
To CaptianMorgan4

Starcraft is not corny it set the standard for all RTS(real time stratagy game) back in 1998, it first came out for the PC and than N64, so for all of u RTS players give it a shot its awsom!!!! so to those warcraft, C&C, AoE and any other RTS gamer has no right to say such things... in fact no one has the right. case closed!

CarlitX

Balthasar00
May 6th, 2007, 05:52
Awesome new ! I know what I gonna do before morning pee and breakfast!

Starcraft is one of the greatest RTS game ever made. Its not for nothing that this 10 years old game is still very popular. No sequel since release ? Perfect games don't need sequels, SC is still a good money maker. Especially in Korea. In korea, this game is like a religion. A good starcraft player in Korea have more chance to date a hot chick than a football player. LOL End of the story .. ;P

its R11 ! Day cheers !

factor remix
May 6th, 2007, 05:58
Actually most N64 games run at 30fps so it would be full speed at 30fps! :D Good job strmnnrmn! :thumbup:

well yes, I am really confused with that...:confused: :confused:

Zelda run at 20fps in game but in menu at 60fps, perfect dark is one of those games that run at 60 fps (I think so...) and I thought ssb run at 60fps too. Maybe I was wrong...

PrettyStupidPerson
May 6th, 2007, 06:15
wel that suks... i need 2 stop upgrading... right?

parkermauney
May 6th, 2007, 06:17
Yes, stop! I used to say, pfff, i can just upgrade to 2.81, a downgrader's never coming out. The next week, BAM! Tiff exploit.

PrettyStupidPerson
May 6th, 2007, 06:21
do u know wen i can downgrade or wen its ready

Heero808
May 6th, 2007, 06:38
Just sit and wait and the good people at DCEmu will inform everyone. hopefully thats soon for you.

On topic I love the emulator just the fact it keeps on getting updated makes it better

CaptainMorgan4
May 6th, 2007, 06:41
Could be tomorrow it could be in 6months, these type of things take time, the hackers have to find an exploit (hole if you will) in the Sony firmware then find a way to use it to they're advantage, hence the downgrader. My best advice to you is to stay at 3.40 or go return your PSP and get a lowered firmware one. If I was in your position I personally would return it and get one with a lowered firmware, you NEED a 3.03 or lower or you CANNOT downgrade. After you downgrade to 1.5 you then can upgrade to 3.40 OE-A (custom firmware), which lets you use all the emulators and greatness of homebrew and get all of Sony's 3.40 features.

ps. To Carlitx you just made that game and yourself sound even more stupid, any kind of RTS game is just gay. I mean you have to be a big loser to enjoy and waste your time playing that crap. Just please don't talk it's embarrassing, play a game like Madden 07 or something, be a man not some RTS pussy.

PrettyStupidPerson
May 6th, 2007, 07:01
sob. i dont think i will b able 2 return it

felonyr301
May 6th, 2007, 07:02
Can't wait to try this out but I'm a little disappointed that ssb is being concentrated on r12 instead of a game like zelda *sigh* I thought there were more people interested in this game running smoothly. Also what's the deal with sound, I was thinking he improves the sound quality or speed in r12 by using the ME some how?

Heero808
May 6th, 2007, 07:58
^^i agree with you about the legend of zelda getting faster but i would like something else to play from time to time

Balthasar00
May 6th, 2007, 08:05
ps. To Carlitx you just made that game and yourself sound even more stupid, any kind of RTS game is just gay. I mean you have to be a big loser to enjoy and waste your time playing that crap. Just please don't talk it's embarrassing, play a game like Madden 07 or something, be a man not some RTS pussy.

!? geez.. grow a brain then, meaby you will be qualified to play those games.

ps :

PSX Games:

* Nascar Rumble
* Resident Evil 2
* South Park
* Tomba! 2
* 007 Tomorrow Never Dies

Don't feel very mature stuff to me.
Stick to your piglet action game n stop bitchin about RTS will ya?

won't crap more the topic further, promise.

aznTerz
May 6th, 2007, 08:06
cant wait for this to be released....
i hope more game work...
i wanna like play everything lol

Paradok
May 6th, 2007, 09:44

So...

Exactly how much glue did you have to eat to be as dumb as you are today?

kharaboudjan
May 6th, 2007, 10:12
fantastic!! this is soon going to be the best app for the psp after the psx emulator :D

Baboon
May 6th, 2007, 10:14
Ideal, I cant wait. :)

Any speed up improvements are very much welcomed.

Stealth Kill
May 6th, 2007, 11:28
Sunday here

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 13:14
yes its sunday! i cant wait!

carlitx
May 6th, 2007, 15:59
to CaptainMorgan4

So...

Exactly how much glue did you have to eat to be as dumb as you are today?

!? geez.. grow a brain then, meaby you will be qualified to play those games.

Don't feel very mature stuff to me.
Stick to your piglet action game n stop bitchin about RTS will ya?

won't crap more the topic further, promise.

haha burn see its only u my friend that feels that way. us more evolved beings love all kinds of games espically ones where u use your brain which i agree with balthasar, u need one. HAHA BURN!!!!

p.s. How much glue did you eat exactly?