PDA

View Full Version : RECOVERY Menu will not work!!!!!!!!

Hyper-Beaner
May 6th, 2007, 02:03
What the hell is wrong with my PSP :mad: I've holded R in the Beggining. I've holded L. Tried teh battery trick and even got the recovery pack. And it didn't work!!!!!!! My PSP is at fw 3.30 and i cannot run emulators!!!!!!! Which pisses me most off.

parkermauney
May 6th, 2007, 02:51
Are you running 3.30, or 3.30 OE? There is no Recovery menu for official sony firmwares, only OE. You will have to wait for a downgrader and get back to 1.50 to be able to run homebrew/emulators. :(

The King
May 6th, 2007, 02:56
wow another noob moment lol

Man
May 6th, 2007, 05:50
lmfao, THERES NO RECOVERY MENUS IN 3.03!!! AHHHHHH, sorry, if i were you and just got the PSP new, go and get your money back, and try and find a PSP with a firmware lower then 3, thats your best bet, and if you accually have 3.03oe custom firmware, and you cant get to the Recovery menu, then your PSP is a paper weight, im srry to say.

parkermauney
May 6th, 2007, 15:44
I just returned my brick to bestbuy and got back a 2.71 :D. If the barcode has a K, it's 2.71. If it has a J, it's 2.80.

Hyper-Beaner
May 6th, 2007, 20:53
Meh. I have two options now. 1. Break my PSP. 2. Get a new one.
What's the best way to get a new one though. I bought mine at Best Buy. But I was stupid enough to listen to my retartded friend and update. :mad:

aceofclubs
May 7th, 2007, 03:13
ok, well if your running on custom firmware, just re install the recovery files to the GAME folder. if no custom firmware...then just patiently wait. i wouldnt break it. there will be one soon i bet

Hyper-Beaner
May 7th, 2007, 22:33
I thought you had to be at 1.5 to update to custom fw. PSP was a waste of money.

aceofclubs
May 7th, 2007, 22:59
yeah, what you do is downgrade your firmware to 1.5 and then update to 3.03 oe-c or whatever custom firmware you want

Hyper-Beaner
May 9th, 2007, 22:27
So downgraders don't require the recovery menu?

aceofclubs
May 9th, 2007, 22:53
no, what you need to do is wait for a downgrader ok? then install the downgrader and the upgrading file (such as 3.03 oe-c) and run the dowgrader just like you would run a game, it will revert you back to 1.5 then just upgrade to your custom firmware. but make sure you read the readme files that come with each so you dont mess up your PSP. trust me, its easier than it sounds

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 00:17
recovery menu is only for OE firmwares

parkermauney
May 10th, 2007, 01:13
If you got the extended warranty, then your fine. Drop it in a glass of coke, and let it sit for a few minutes. At best buy, stupidly explain, "It just won't turn on!" They'll attempt to turn it on. When it fails, they'll type in the info, and you can get yourself another one. :D
When your done, play a homebrew, then wave it in your dumbass friend's face.

Hyper-Beaner
May 10th, 2007, 02:38
Haha. Lol. Have you tried taht? What if they don't give me a new one though. And one last question.(And then I will shut up for good.) Now about how long must I wait for a downgrader?

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 02:47
about 4-5 months its getting harder and harder to make a downgrader for the new fw's

Hyper-Beaner
May 10th, 2007, 13:51
I know about emulators and somewhat MUGEN programming. Is there any way I can help to make a downgrader?

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 14:39
you can donate some money to dark alex thats the only way you can help make a downgrader

gamerremag
May 12th, 2007, 03:31
or you could send the money to me, but it might take a while for me to make a downgrader... lol

yea donate to dark alex, hes allready hacked (oe-ed) every major version.....and made up to 3.03 downgradable. i wonder if he is working on another downgrader.....

i bet he is working on one for the ps3 :)