PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus Release 11 - Nintendo 64 Emulator For PSP - The Final Frontier Breached

wraggster
May 6th, 2007, 11:24
For those who have missed it Strmn Nrmn is to released a new version of his excellent Nintendo 64 Emulator for the PSP. Up until now the releases have been good but the killer breakthrough had not arrived that is until now, the fixing of a Dynarec issue will see a lot of games running at a solid 25FPS or more, heres a reminder of the key points from last nights newspost:

Finally I realised that there was a dynarec issue which was preventing Super Smash Bros from going in-game. Although that's not fixed (that's something for R12) I have disabled dynarec for SSB by default. With my various texture cache fixes SSB is now running in-game, albeit with messed up graphics and at just 15 fps. Here's a teaser screenshot of SSB running in R11:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_DFQdY4jxLWo/Rj0jA5jRO2I/AAAAAAAAAEc/ZK1K9gp0isc/s320/ssb.png

If I can fix the dynarec issue it looks like this is going to run at a solid 25-30fps or more.

-StrmnNrmn

Remember to check our UP TO DATE Daedalus Compatability Lists (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58500) and help keep PSP News Members and guests fully informed on new speeds etc when the release happens anytime soon.

mat_dizzy
May 6th, 2007, 11:48
Great News! Cant wait for the update to this excellent release!!

TCLCloud
May 6th, 2007, 11:49
Sweet, thanks for posting! Hope its good.......well you know, better!

kharaboudjan
May 6th, 2007, 11:51
hmm.. this is no real news imo.. this could be read yesterday ;) but if it is true that most of the games would run 25-30 fps then it would be sooo fantastic :D

he hasent even bother to include the ME yet.. think about the speeeeed we will get then ;)

jimmi
May 6th, 2007, 11:56
iv been looking forward to this so much, im going to england on a trip to look at some colleges soon. I hope i can play OOT slightly well by then. thanks so much. :D you made my day Strm!

Buddy4point0
May 6th, 2007, 12:17
oh i thought this post realised it.., awwell

Veskgar
May 6th, 2007, 12:23
he hasent even bother to include the ME yet.. think about the speeeeed we will get then ;)

Yeah, I'm not sure if he plans to tap into the "ME" at all in the future but it sounds like he is trying to squeeze out every sort of optimization he can without using the ME.

I like that approach because like all emulators, some games may have a hard time running at good speed with sound. By tapping into any extra resources, it helps squeeze out every extra ounce of performance. And if the ME can help in any way, all the better.

This thread almost gave me a heart attack. I thought it was a release announcement.

Anyway, today will be another exciting Sunday for PSP homebrew. I can't wait to try out Mario 64. Maybe it will be close to 100% playable.

I just wish more emulators were being updated for the PSP with this much enthusiasm.

bodie
May 6th, 2007, 12:40
I think we have a case of StrmnNrmn being misinterpreted once again. He was talking specifically about Smash Bros when he said that it would be running at 25-30 FPS after fixing a dynarec issue, not most games.
You guys really get ahead of yourself at times! lol :p
Bodie.

jimmi
May 6th, 2007, 12:52
But can you blame me for being excited !? no? com on man this thing is gona rock. even a small improvement is a improvement!

bodie
May 6th, 2007, 13:00
But can you blame me for being excited !? no? com on man this thing is gona rock. even a small improvement is a improvement!

Totally agree with you that incremental advances in speed are brilliant. But, that wasn't the point i was getting at.:eek: :rolleyes:

burrito
May 6th, 2007, 13:03
I already posted this a few hours ago here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62178).

Gabba Gandalf
May 6th, 2007, 13:04
omg i thought it just were out now :(

cant wait for that awsome emu :thumbup:

weirdelf
May 6th, 2007, 13:06
Do I smell an extremely long thread coming on?

gdf
May 6th, 2007, 13:07
mon the strmn.

i hope that banjo kazooie will be playable soon!

rbervoets
May 6th, 2007, 13:13
I think we have a case of StrmnNrmn being misinterpreted once again. He was talking specifically about Smash Bros when he said that it would be running at 25-30 FPS after fixing a dynarec issue, not most games.
You guys really get ahead of yourself at times! lol :p
Bodie.

"will see a lot of games running at a solid 25FPS or more"

Skateblind
May 6th, 2007, 13:19
owned

bodie
May 6th, 2007, 13:28

Well that was imbecilic!...lol You quoted from Wraggsters post and not the original source which is StrmnNrmn's blog....Too funny!
For your next trick can you walk and talk both at the same time?

If I can fix the dynarec issue it looks like this is going to run at a solid 25-30fps or more. <<He was talking about Smash Bros..Duh!

lplover2k
May 6th, 2007, 13:28

this what Wraggster concluded..it's not the words that Strmm said...strmm said

"If I can fix the dynarec issue it looks like this is going to run at a solid 25-30fps or more."

Bodie is deducting that "this" means smash bros...

i personally dun know what to deduct..it's only strmm who can clarify it

Sonicboy 101
May 6th, 2007, 13:29
Do I smell an extremely long thread coming on?

Yes. Yes you do.
Taco111 say hello to your 2nd rep dot. :thumbup:

chrisnoob
May 6th, 2007, 13:29
nice

snuffster
May 6th, 2007, 13:32
great news but
when will conkers work though???

Kramer
May 6th, 2007, 13:33
it's out now!!!

burrito
May 6th, 2007, 13:34
R11 is out!
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=421760

jimmi
May 6th, 2007, 13:46
Yeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!:d

bodie
May 6th, 2007, 13:50
ITZ OUTZ!!!! OZ MYZ GODZ!! I BETZ CONKAS BADZ FURR DAYZ WORKS FULLS SPEEDZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mohahahahahahaha

Tinnus
May 6th, 2007, 22:42
Up until now the releases have been good but the killer breakthrough had not arrived that is until now, the fixing of a Dynarec issue will see a lot of games running at a solid 25FPS or more
That's not what he said...

What happens is that there is a bug in the dynarec that prevents it working with SSB, so that it can only be run in interpreter mode, which makes it run slow. When the bug is fixed, that means SSB will be able to use the dynarec, and because of that, run at 25-30 FPS.

It's not a dynarec bug that makes the emulator slow--it's just a bug that prevents one (some) game(s) from working with it. Fixing it will NOT give a general speedup whatsoever--only for games affected by that bug, and at the moment the only one known is SSB.

I mean no offense for you, just for making it clear, but try to be sure of what you're interpreting from someone else's statement before posting your thoughts--what if you interpret something wrong, newspost it, and then the author comes back saying "DCEmu put words in my mouth" ;)

I know interpreting things in some ways give better publicity than others to the website, but it's probably not good to stand near (or cross) the line between interpretation and misunderstood sensationalism.

headbanger15
May 6th, 2007, 23:08
F-Zero-X doesn't work in R11. SSB works, finally.