PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus R11 Released! - Nintendo 64 Emulator for the PSP

burrito
May 6th, 2007, 13:33
StrmnNrmn (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/) has released a new version of his awesome Nintendo 64 emulator for the PSP, heres the release details:

Daedalus R11 is finally here. It took a little longer than I expected to merge the changes across to the sourceforge subversion repository but I got there in the end :)

Here's the changelist:

* Large overhaul of rom settings and preferences. All settings should now be persistant.
* [+] Native support for palettised textures for faster rendering and less memory usage.
* [+] Provided a fixed size pool for all texture memory, to limit memory usage.
* [+] Expansion Pak enabled by default.
* [!] Updated rom info database to include save mechanism for many roms.
* [!] Fix memory leak in texture cache.
* [!] Fixed conversion of RGBA/32bpp textures with odd alignments.
* [!] Fix crash which occurred when recolouring textures in low memory situations.
* [^] Large rewrite of texture cache to reduce memory usage and improve performance.
* [^] Various optimisations to the way textures are looked up in the cache and installed.
* [^] Optimise offsetting/scaling of texture coordinates.
* [^] Improve performance of dynarec fragment cache and reduce memory fragmentation.

As always, let me know your thoughts on the comments pages. I don't always have time to reply to all of the comments, but I do read every one of them.

-StrmnNrmn
Great job StrmnNrmn! :)

Check out and give Feedback and Compatability Reports to our Awesome Daedalus Compatability List (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58500)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Sonicboy 101
May 6th, 2007, 13:35
YES!! :thumbup:
Putting it on PSP as I type!
EDIT: Loads of new settings. :)

Kramer
May 6th, 2007, 13:36
woot time to dust off the PSP!!!

jimmi
May 6th, 2007, 13:52
wow :D i already see a bit of a improvement. :D, time to discuss settings guys. :D

mikebeaver
May 6th, 2007, 13:53
Sweet, I just found it a min go :
Pretty handy as well, asI am leaving for the airport in half an hour, going away for a month :P

See ya laters all, MikeBeaver

Sonicboy 101
May 6th, 2007, 13:56
Sweet, I just found it a min go :
Pretty handy as well, asI am leaving for the airport in half an hour, going away for a month :P

See ya laters all, MikeBeaver

Have a good time!
Just tried SSB, it still has really bad graphics. :(

jimmi
May 6th, 2007, 13:59
zelda OOT running about 3 frames ingame

and froze when i pressed start ... ?

no its cool just takes a while to load.

Baboon
May 6th, 2007, 14:06
Donwloading now.

Im one happy bunny! :)

Man
May 6th, 2007, 14:12
Downloading now, I cant wait

burrito
May 6th, 2007, 14:15
Mario Kart runs at full speed (frameskip 1) :)

Gazz021
May 6th, 2007, 14:19
well done just tried it with Mario64 with sound on. Still a bit bitty with Audio on But, with Audio off Mario 64 runs very smooth. Excellent.

kharaboudjan
May 6th, 2007, 14:19
well mario kart runs almost at full spedd with FS 2.. its like 20-27 fps.. and that is only when you play time trial.. still he has done a fantastic work :)

shorty_carnage
May 6th, 2007, 14:22
woot time to dust off the PSP!!!

lol dust off the psp to play n64:rofl:

mfz64
May 6th, 2007, 14:26
great! can't wait to try it!

ab_geee_eee
May 6th, 2007, 14:27
ill just wait until super smash brothers works then i will put it on cant wait.... :D :? :) :(

Vangar
May 6th, 2007, 14:37
Someone please test Starcraft, i don't have the rom handy.

Axelius
May 6th, 2007, 14:44
Super Mario 64 runs a little faster now, I think, almost full speed with frameskip 1 and without sound.
Mario Kart is full speed without sound, frameskip 1, and texture update check for every frame (this game really need this). I tested it with a stopwatch, and the displayed lap time and the time of the stopwatch showed almost the same.

Good work!!

kharaboudjan
May 6th, 2007, 14:44
Zelda MM works surprisingly well.. its like solid 16 fps without sound.. some graphical glitches but hey, the game works now! :)

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 14:53
holy yes zelda MM works!

Abgoj
May 6th, 2007, 14:54
YAAAAY!!!! Great news, going out now, i'll try it out later :thumbup:

parkermauney
May 6th, 2007, 14:57
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 14:58
dam! when did the zelda mm rom get so big lol

rbervoets
May 6th, 2007, 15:15
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

YAYAYAY!!!

cloud.x
May 6th, 2007, 15:23
thats awesome!
just tested some roms and zelda mm runs PERFECTLY!
BUT: with some graphic glitches and wierd game bugs:)

my menu was full of ocarinas:confused:

but ir runs smooth with sound disabled

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 15:26
thats awesome!
just tested some roms and zelda mm runs PERFECTLY!
BUT: with some graphic glitches and wierd game bugs:)

my menu was full of ocarinas:confused:

but ir runs smooth with sound disabled

well the menu is full of ocarinas because it dose the crooked cartridge glitch and because there is no cartridge you cant avoid it your only bet is to save the game on a pc emulator and put the save file on your memstick

Triv1um
May 6th, 2007, 15:30
Cool, looking foward to R12 though.

Because thats going to be focused on speed :)

xg917
May 6th, 2007, 15:30
is anybody willing to provide all of us the save? also the save for paper mario? ill +rep any1 who does? thanks! :)
also. who is going to make a new Compatibility list for R11! im putting all the games i have on my psp now and going to test them :)

kharaboudjan
May 6th, 2007, 15:32
mortal kombat triology works.. but has major grafical glitches in game

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 15:34
is anybody willing to provide all of us the save? also the save for paper mario? ill +rep any1 who does? thanks! :)
also. who is going to make a new Compatibility list for R11! im putting all the games i have on my psp now and going to test them :)

yep i will upload the zelda mm save in about 5mins :thumbup:

Harshboy
OMG!? Majora's Mask works, and at decent speeds!? Sweet, Great Job man!

xg917
iight, thnx GL

cloud.x
May 6th, 2007, 15:39
well the menu is full of ocarinas because it dose the crooked cartridge glitch and because there is no cartridge you cant avoid it your only bet is to save the game on a pc emulator and put the save file on your memstick

thx!

i try it

ps: thats wierd.... zelda mm runs actually smoother than oot:confused:
but anyway!:thumbup:

rbervoets
May 6th, 2007, 15:40
SM64 works full speed with frameskip 1 + with sound outside and inside castle!

xg917
May 6th, 2007, 15:47
come on we need a new compatibility list, wheres chameleon? he kept R10 compat list so clean.

g00gy
May 6th, 2007, 15:53
anyone know if paper mario works on this?

SpacemanSpiff
May 6th, 2007, 15:57
ARRGH, OoT still crashes when you open the chest with the slingshot!
How do you save in Majora's Mask? In the pause menu the green icon says return, not save. I tried saving with B anyway after I got to the clock town, but when I restarted the rom the save file wasn't there.

cloud.x
May 6th, 2007, 15:57
anyone know if paper mario works on this?

menu runs great but with graphic glitches
and after you wanna save a file it crashes:eek:

cloud.x
May 6th, 2007, 15:58
How do you save in Majora's Mask? In the pause menu the green icon says return, not save. I tried saving with B anyway after I got to the clock town, but when I restarted the rom the save file wasn't there.

you need the ocarina of time to save!

kharaboudjan
May 6th, 2007, 16:01
well. i have tried a lot of roms that didnt work before that dont work now either.. i have tried like 20 roms and it is only Zelda MM that works now that didnt before :(

mnuhaily22
May 6th, 2007, 16:01
Hell YA!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 16:02

i will upload the file in a bit and to save in mm you must play the song of time ;)

jimmi
May 6th, 2007, 16:04
cant wait to play mm, still waiting on that save tho.. :D no pressure lawl.

SpacemanSpiff
May 6th, 2007, 16:09
Hmmm, the HUD seems to be missing in Mario 64. Gonna make it hard to get the 100 coin stars.

i will upload the file in a bit and to save in mm you must play the song of time ;)
Thx :cool:

Kloe
May 6th, 2007, 16:16
has anyone else tested quest64? It runs really well! Without sound you don't need frameskip inside, and outside you only need like frameskip 1 to get about full speed. Here's the interesting part though, sound works pretty well with frameskip 2, but it is a little glitchy of course.

xg917
May 6th, 2007, 16:19
OoT saves for me, and ive gotten past the 1st boss, i just cant get to princess zelda cuz of the bad textures..

im working up about 20 games compat list for now. im still testing

Mr.Denny
May 6th, 2007, 16:22
Excellent!

Thanks for the release. :)

sroon
May 6th, 2007, 16:30
MMMMMMMMMM Majoras mask:)
great job StrmNnrmn
( O ) ( O )

Gabba Gandalf
May 6th, 2007, 16:34
mario is faster than the on the n64 ^^ :rofl: :thumbup:

cloud.x
May 6th, 2007, 16:37
mario is faster than the on the n64 ^^ :rofl: :thumbup:

yeah on some places:rofl:

damn it! i cant get my savegames from my pc to work on daedalus

dthpsc
May 6th, 2007, 16:42
Not sure if this has been discussed, but is this overclocked to 333mHz?

Buddy4point0
May 6th, 2007, 16:43
sweet! just downloaded and im still in love with this emulator

jimmi
May 6th, 2007, 16:45
does anyone no where i can get the majoras mask save :D

cloud.x
May 6th, 2007, 16:46
does anyone no where i can get the majoras mask save :D

im not sure if it realy works....:(
i tried it but it doesnt work for me

jimmi
May 6th, 2007, 16:50
im not sure if it realy works....:(
i tried it but it doesnt work for me

suckage dude.

goldeneyegod
May 6th, 2007, 16:50
goldeneye still doesn't work, bummer!
Great work none the less, I just hope the next release goldeneye works been waiting for this emulator to play it since R8. Ah well everything to he who waites lol

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 16:51
:(

i have made a zelda mm save but the zelda mm save dose not work i will upload the save anyway so someone can try and find out what the prob is

this save was made with PJ64

jimmi
May 6th, 2007, 16:53
maybe we have to convert it so its compatible with Daedalus?

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 16:55
thats what i was thinking i hope someone downloads my save and converts it :(

stotheamuel
May 6th, 2007, 16:58
Wow. Great update. Great job strmnnrmn.

Airdevil
May 6th, 2007, 17:03
Not sure if this has been discussed, but is this overclocked to 333mHz?

its techincally not overclocked at 333mhz.... but yes its at 333mhz.

The psp at default is UNDERCLOCKED at 222mhz, to save battery.
The psp is designed to be ran at 333mhz though.

cloud.x
May 6th, 2007, 17:04
:(

i have made a zelda mm save but the zelda mm save dose not work i will upload the save anyway so someone can try and find out what the prob is

this save was made with PJ64

is this the fla save?
i mean the flash rom save?
i tried that too, but didnt work....
i compared the mm save with the others in the save folder of daedalus but daedalus makes only .sav, .mpk or ,srv files......
but my emulator on the pc (project64) saves some games in .sav file format but daedalus in .mpk
like zelda

skater9269
May 6th, 2007, 17:06
I love strmnnrmn he is a great coder and his source code is nice to play with I just cant wait till he utilizes the ME I think he had an Idea to use it for display rendering and some other stuff and and leave sound on the main cpu. Thats when this emu is really gonna come together. And when he fixes the dynamic recompiler up for smash brothers!!

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 17:08
is this the fla save?
i mean the flash rom save?
i tried that too, but didnt work....
i compared the mm save with the others in the save folder of daedalus but daedalus makes only .sav, .mpk or ,srv files......
but my emulator on the pc (project64) saves some games in .sav file format but daedalus in .mpk
like zelda

well in my daedalus my mario save is a .sav my zelda oot is a .sar and my crazy glitch file zelda mm is a .fla and the .mpk files has nothing to do with the saves

i know how you feel i want to play mm again so bad :(

xg917
well MM save doesnt work. o well.. i can live :) hey GL do u think that u can make a save file for Paper Mario? thnx. and i still repped u btw :)

BrooksyX
nice release Strmn, thanks for all your hard work!

cloud.x
May 6th, 2007, 17:11
i know how you feel i want to play mm again so bad :(

then play it on the pc or on the n64?:D

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 17:13
well MM save doesnt work. o well.. i can live :) hey GL do u think that u can make a save file for Paper Mario? thnx. and i still repped u btw :)

ok i will make a paper mario save after i download the rom :thumbup: (hope the save works because i never finished paper mario on my N64)

thanks for the rep sorry my zelda save dont work :(

then play it on the pc or on the n64?:D
i cant my speekers on my pc broke :(
and the stick on my N64 broke :(

xg917
May 6th, 2007, 17:19
lol, its no prob. wow u dont take care of things do u? lol stick and speakers broken. haha wow

jimmi
May 6th, 2007, 17:22
on a compatibilty note, zelda seems to freeze when you get teh magic from teh fairy! :( sad.

cloud.x
May 6th, 2007, 17:23
ok i will make a paper mario save after i download the rom :thumbup: (hope the save works because i never finished paper mario on my N64) :(

paper mario crashes after you create a savegame:(
ive tried it too...

i cant my speekers on my pc broke :(
and the stick on my N64 broke

but you can play it anyway?:D better playing withound sound than not playing:D

hack.fool
May 6th, 2007, 17:28
good release! thanks Strmn!
btw i tested Mario Kart without sound, frameskip 0 and it run full speed at 60 fps!!! I mean not 25-30...60!!
I was really impressed, but when I complete a race or esc to change driver the game had a big slow down...

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 17:32
on a compatibilty note, zelda seems to freeze when you get teh magic from teh fairy! :( sad.

yea thats why the save i made gose up to the part where you get the deku mask.
but it dont work :(

here is the paper mario save it has 4 created files

NOTE:i have not tested this so plez post back you results

unzip the file then put all 3 files in the deadlus save game folder :thumbup:

EDIT:sorry this save dose not work :(

LHorse007
May 6th, 2007, 17:33
Wow, haven't checked in so long cause of frustration and beting extremely busy, but when I do finally log in, I find this. I just hope Goldeneye works

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 17:34
Wow, haven't checked in so long cause of frustration and beting extremely busy, but when I do finally log in, I find this. I just hope Goldeneye works

goldeneye dose not work

xg917
May 6th, 2007, 17:45
im gona test paper mario save right after i get to the part where zelda mm freezes. :)

Harshboy
May 6th, 2007, 17:47
Yea, that sucks how MM crashes once you get the Magic meter. Oh well, maybe i'll go play Mario Kart 64...

burrito
May 6th, 2007, 17:48
I was hoping Goldeneye and Perfect Dark would work. But they don't...

DarthPaul
May 6th, 2007, 17:48
Yaaaahooaa!! Gonna download now! I just woke up now and boom! This is like the pc is saying: "Good morning!" Ha! Yeah!

xg917
May 6th, 2007, 17:54
lol thats how i felt like.
testingGL's Paper mario save

edit: save did not work..

thnx for providing us with the saves though Gold

hack.fool
May 6th, 2007, 18:00
here is the paper mario save it has 4 created files

NOTE:i have not tested this so plez post back you results

unzip the file then put all 3 files in the deadlus save game folder :thumbup:

tnk ya
grab it right now
tested: not work, the saves can't be loaded :(

Gold Line
May 6th, 2007, 18:07
:( sorry my saves dont work people

DarthPaul
May 6th, 2007, 18:15
:( sorry my saves dont work people

Hey man stop apologizing. Because it's not your fault. And at least you're sharing your savegames, no one else is doing that. You're my hero already. Lol

CaptainMorgan4
May 6th, 2007, 18:24
Well I am very happy to announce the Captain Morgan trick, this trick works and it enables you to play Super Smash Brothers in-game with the Dynarec ENABLED. All you do is wait till the title screen pops up, then wait until the tutorial comes up. Then click start, and when the title screen comes up QUICKLY hit start, and QUICKLY navigate through your options (such as 1 player, training, whatever you want to do). Then just select your character and enjoy Super Smash Brothers with the dynarec ENABLED. I figured out this trick back in like R8 and I tested it on R11 and it works so enjoy!

siulmagic
May 6th, 2007, 18:29
very nice strmn keep up the good work man

Sterist
May 6th, 2007, 18:44
does expansion pak slow down the framerate and / or enhance anything?

i had one for my 64 but never noticed anything different except for booting the games that required it lol

CaptainMorgan4
May 6th, 2007, 18:47
As it turns out StrmnNrmn did disable the settings for the dynarec for SSB, so no matter what it says the dynarec is always going to be disabled. My trick does work but in order to enjoy the dynarec with SSB StrmnNrmn would have to release a R11a or something which allows you to enable the dynarec. It says it's enabled when you select it but I can confirm there is no speed increase, my trick does work but we can't enjoy it. If someone else that knows how to edit the source codes well they could change his dynarec disabled by default so that we can enjoy it. Otherwise I advised StrmnNrmn at his blog and it's just a matter of time before he reads it and decides what he's going to do.

Video_freak
May 6th, 2007, 18:48
Without sound Super Mario 64 is pretty much perfect! I got SSB to work too. Oh and Donkey Kong 64 boots a little slowly. I still haven't gotten in game though. :\

However, Super Mario 64 is awesome. Thanks a bunch StrmnNrmn! :)

come on we need a new compatibility list, wheres chameleon? he kept R10 compat list so clean.

Yeah that would be nice. They should include what framskip is best too. I think Wally was doing one.

sappo
May 6th, 2007, 19:22
Evangelion64 still doesn't work... Nooo :/

remansano
May 6th, 2007, 19:25
Tested:
Wave Race (got stuck after I choose the racer).
StarCraft (did not work)

by the way, Mario Kart runs at 110% - 130% speed in time trial, incredible (faster then n64).

mike_jmg
May 6th, 2007, 19:28
OOT runs smoother than before, with no sound though,
I´m at the deku tree, never have gotten that far

Great work

Star wars episode 1 racer doesn´t even start, and my psp starts making a weird noise (LOL) :(

x999x
May 6th, 2007, 19:30
Killer Instinct Gold working?

mike_jmg
May 6th, 2007, 19:36
the emulator resets when i got the fairy slingshot ;_;

CSPERFECTGT
May 6th, 2007, 19:45
great work StrmnNrmn!!!!!!can i ask why mario kart 64 doesn't start only in my psp?any ideas?

jvabbdac
May 6th, 2007, 19:48
I will still waiting for some day Starcraft work.... Mario Kart is fullspeed on playgame or only on time trial ?

SmashinGit
May 6th, 2007, 19:48
Great work, thanks for your continued support.

psp411
May 6th, 2007, 20:10
i tried pokemon stadium 2... it works pretty well (except for load times but its qwik enough for me) but it crashes in the battles or at the beggining of battles... havnt really finished one successive battle without a crash=/

anyways... this emulator rox!!!! tnx strmnnrmn :D :cool:

Zion
May 6th, 2007, 20:43
As it turns out StrmnNrmn did disable the settings for the dynarec for SSB, so no matter what it says the dynarec is always going to be disabled. My trick does work but in order to enjoy the dynarec with SSB StrmnNrmn would have to release a R11a or something which allows you to enable the dynarec. It says it's enabled when you select it but I can confirm there is no speed increase, my trick does work but we can't enjoy it. If someone else that knows how to edit the source codes well they could change his dynarec disabled by default so that we can enjoy it. Otherwise I advised StrmnNrmn at his blog and it's just a matter of time before he reads it and decides what he's going to do

i have edited the is the ini, which turns on dynarec for super smash bros.

if captin morgans trick works it should be cool :D

just replace this with the one in the daedalus folder ;)

Edit - so far with using this modifyed ini i have got to the character select screen with dynarec enabled)

Shadowblind
May 6th, 2007, 20:49
Amazing improvements! Simply astounding!

Doom 64 runs with major textural glitches but a very nice speed. Duke Nukem Zero Hour FINALLY RUNS!!! :D :D

But the menu could use work. I cant make out any of the words in the Daedalus menu.

kiariki
May 6th, 2007, 21:11
Tried it out. So far, the only improvements I noticed were: Pokemon Snap finally works... Until you get to a course. Majora's Mask works, but is not exactly playable. Ocarina of Time crashed on the room before getting the slingshot. Mario Kart 64 runs full speed. Mario 64 funs how it always has. Ridge Racer still has missing textures. :/

domthegod
May 6th, 2007, 21:17
Nice One Gooood Fuking App This Is I Love N64 Thnx M8

Zion
May 6th, 2007, 21:22
edit - Mario Kart runs great :)

i love this emu :)

starogre
May 6th, 2007, 22:14
i have edited the is the ini, which turns on dynarec for super smash bros.

if captin morgans trick works it should be cool :D

just replace this with the one in the daedalus folder ;)

Edit - so far with using this modifyed ini i have got to the character select screen with dynarec enabled)

So using this file will automatically enable dynarec and run Super Smash like Stmrnnrmn said it would in R12??

Basil Zero
May 6th, 2007, 22:24
Woot!!!

Cant wait to test it out..though i cant now..gotta study for finals...--_--

CaptainMorgan4
May 6th, 2007, 22:36
I'm about to try the edited ini file, my trick used to ALWAYS just get me to the character select screen then freeze after that, so if it only gets you to there than the trick doesn't seem to get you in-game. I figured since StrmnNrmn got the game in game that with my trick it would finally work now, I suppose not. I'll try it out and post my results, but it's very doubtful.

JKKDARK
May 6th, 2007, 22:41
I'm downloading it now :)

DarthPaul
May 6th, 2007, 23:19
There's something that I've always wanted to see in this emulator that's still missing,I hope Strm adds it sometime soon...:(.. Wi-Fi support.

repuken2
May 7th, 2007, 00:00
is there a way to use the psp's cross for moving sause my analog stick is little bit ****ed up. I tried every config type with no luck.

thanks in advance.

PLZKLLME0080
May 7th, 2007, 00:28
DOWNLOADING right now!!!
oh boy, now to figure out what the best games i would be able to put on my 512 mb stick are, since i cant put too many.

CaptainMorgan4
May 7th, 2007, 03:25
Thanks Zion for editing that file, it turns out my trick still only gets us to the character screen (just like previous releases). I'm glad StrmnNrmn has gotten the SSB game working but I can't get past the Starfox fight because I can't see where I am or where Fox is, but I only tried once so we'll see. Anyway great work by StrmnNrmn and I appreciate R11 so much, but R12 should be amazing with more speed and SSB dynarec problem being fixed.

NoQuarter
May 7th, 2007, 04:50
This emu is looking great,one can only hope that we will have a fullspeed version with sound and wifi someday.Keep up the great work Strmnnrmn.

fenrir911
May 7th, 2007, 05:42
hey, ive been using this emu for awhile, and i wanted to give you some of the bugs that i was hoping to get fixed in this release. in zelda oot theirs this really annoying bug where everytime you restart and your not in a dungeon, it sends you back to the tree(if young) and temple of time(if old) wow, thats how far i got with your emu, second dungeon old link. so i love your emu, im just giving you some feedback. theirs this bug with majoras mask where everytime i pick up a new item, it shows the link dying animation, then sends me to the beginning of that area, oh and after i meet the great fairy in the beginning it crashes. i know these are hard bugs to fix especially since their for certain games. but im just lettin ya know :)

ish420ism
May 7th, 2007, 05:48
when I try to download,it takes me to log in page

ACID
May 7th, 2007, 06:01
Sweet have to try it out for size. By the way hows the fps improvement.

CaptainMorgan4
May 7th, 2007, 06:24
Based from what version ACID? FPS vary from different games, games like: Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, and StarFox 54 run almost full speed. Then games like Super Smash Brothers & Zelda OoT run slower but playable, then there's a huge list of games that boot up but have lots of problems and games that don't even work yet. The key word in that is "yet", StrmnNrmn is working hard and R12 is going to be another speed update so expect more speed in R12, particularly in Super Smash Brothers since the dynarec issue will be fixed so that game will be alot faster than it plays now. JUST GO TRY IT ACID!

DanTheManMS
May 7th, 2007, 06:44
in zelda oot theirs this really annoying bug where everytime you restart and your not in a dungeon, it sends you back to the tree(if young) and temple of time(if old)

...isn't that the way it works in the actual game?

Heero808
May 7th, 2007, 06:59
Yes that's how it is In oot

Gold Line
May 7th, 2007, 12:42
...isn't that the way it works in the actual game?

no.
you can save in the dungeon then reset and you will start in the dungeon you saved in.

but.
if you save outside a dungeon you will start off in your house.

President Memphis
May 7th, 2007, 12:50
nope...if you save outside a dungeon...you are back to the temple or tree

lplover2k
May 7th, 2007, 15:12
anyone tried mario tennis???

Triv1um
May 7th, 2007, 15:25
Ive tried this, its a bit better.

kharaboudjan
May 7th, 2007, 15:50
i didnt get mario tennis to work :(

Apoklepz
May 7th, 2007, 15:52
This release is a big improvement over the last R10 build. For one, I noticed the graphics look much smoother an nicer now, not to mention how speedy it runs!! Sound is still a bit of a jitter, but I can tell it has improoved, cuz it sounds much clearer now at parts, like the file selection screen in Super Mario 64 (try switching from Stereo to Mono to Headset with the headphones on and you will hear the difference!)
There's one thing though, and I don't know if anyone else is getting this...on Sumper Mario 64 the coin count on the top left and the camera icon on the bottom right are gone...I tried like seven different settings to see if frameskip was causing this, but they still won't show...I just didn't want to read through the whole thread, so if anyone already reported this, disregard my nosyness.lol

Keep up the astonishment, StrmnNrmn!!

Yungblaqs
May 7th, 2007, 16:15
Yo is emu is great thanx!!!!

ojdon
May 7th, 2007, 19:41
Any one tryed Harvest Moon out yet? I'm not expecting the game to work, because it hasn't really worked since the release.

Oh and is Command and Conquer working this time as well. :S That didn't work in R10.

But still, I'm going to download it for tonight. I love the work, and the speed of progress, keep it up!

jason215
May 7th, 2007, 19:45
woot nice work keep it up

kurofox4444
May 7th, 2007, 19:48
Incredible!...

I got Mario 64 running at almost full speed, Super Smash Bros. worked on the title screen and the selection screens ("Dynamic Recompilation" needs to be off or there will be no graphics past the title screen) but I can't get into battle... it just freezes, Vigilante 8 - 2nd Offense plays the intro sounds and some menu sounds and then freezes... no graphics but it's a start :D , and Mario Kart 64 doesn't work at all :( (although it looks like other people got it working... maybe I have the wrong version? :confused: )

Thats all I've tested so far... good luck :thumbup:

SpacemanSpiff
May 7th, 2007, 23:05
Is the HUD (the display at the top of the screen that tells you how many lives and coins you have) missing for anyone else in Mario 64? I brought it up earlier but nobody said anything. It doesn't make the game unplayable or anything but its annoying when you're trying to get the 100 coin stars since you can't see how many coins you have.

Gold Line
May 7th, 2007, 23:17
Is the HUD (the display at the top of the screen that tells you how many lives and coins you have) missing for anyone else in Mario 64? I brought it up earlier but nobody said anything. It doesn't make the game unplayable or anything but its annoying when you're trying to get the 100 coin stars since you can't see how many coins you have.

yep its a bug in the emu you will have to live with it untill R12 gets made :(

President Memphis
May 7th, 2007, 23:19
does ummm conkers work yet?

ball3r90
May 7th, 2007, 23:47
omfG?!?! lol this is soo cool...thanks strmnnrnmri32wedslfdadasd

dude like wtf...someone hlep me lol...i put it on but it loads the PSP white screen, then shuts off!! :(!!! help!!! ftw

LAMPRO
May 8th, 2007, 17:46
ive got marioKart 64 running really well. speed has picked up drastically, i noticed from the front screen. woot nice job. getting close to full speed. very close. i finally made it all the way to finish the 3 laps, and move on. no crash!!

strmnnrmn u r l337 keep it up.

dark heart
May 9th, 2007, 00:28
danm... zelda oot is still freezing!!! in the last version of daedalus, i could at least get to the end of the boss fight...

Solderofwar
May 9th, 2007, 01:48
yea!!! Thats flippin SWEET

jacoe99
May 9th, 2007, 01:51
Looks cool!!

Gold Line
May 9th, 2007, 02:01
ah! my zelda oot saves work! if you want a zelda oot save just let me know :)

CaptainMorgan4
May 9th, 2007, 05:59
Zelda OOT saves have worked for a while, I don't know why some people have had trouble with this it has worked fine for me since like R8. I just hope Diddy Kong Racing gets working on R13 or so, I can do SSB on R12 though, I just wish DKR works soon.

fenrir911
May 9th, 2007, 08:17
hey all you ppl that are saying that if you save outside a dungeon you SHOULD start in the tree, you shouldnt, you startin the nearest village, trust me this is like my 11th or twelveth time beating this game. like if your on your way to that one things belly, (cant think of the name right now, jabu jabu or something) and then you decide to call quits after you talk to that king frog guy, you end up in zoras domain, if you saved thier

Vega
May 22nd, 2007, 18:59
StrmnNrmn, nice work, thanks bro.

been a while since Ive been checking around for PSP homebrew, hence the late post here. Very pleased to see progress in this emulator. Kutos!

Memento
May 23rd, 2007, 05:24
64 aint dat good

blackrave
May 23rd, 2007, 17:03
Yes, it is. I fail to see the point of your post?

jurkevicz
May 23rd, 2007, 17:23
Yeah, I agree with you. We're talking about the emu, and not the N64 sytem... Great job Strummn

xstation14
May 23rd, 2007, 21:01
Paper Mario freezes after I create a file :(. Is this just me or is it happening to other people, too?

HumanIce
May 23rd, 2007, 21:14
SSB is VERY slow, but i was bored enaugh to play it. and it freezes at the star fox stage

CaptainMorgan4
May 24th, 2007, 00:23
It didn't freeze at the StarFox level for me I just couldn't see shit so I couldn't win, but yeah xstation14 that is happening to everyone.

Safari Al
May 24th, 2007, 17:16
I tried Zelda OOT and it froze when I opened the door to go get the slingshot:(. If someone has a save for this please upload it because the save for zelda isn't workin for me:(

Gold Line
May 24th, 2007, 17:19
i have a save thats up to deathM you want it?

Vega
May 24th, 2007, 17:37
64 aint dat good

neither is sex with a midget, but dont say your not interested in it.....

:confused:

Safari Al
May 24th, 2007, 18:19
I'm just lookin for zelda oot saves Gold Line, but thnx anyway. Is it possible to load Project 64 saves or any other PC emulator's saves on daedalus r11?

xg917
May 24th, 2007, 18:20
i beat the star fox stage. lol, even though i couldnt see anything.
then i got to the super mario bros stage and quit there cuz i still couldnt see anything. wait i think i beat that too. what came after that stage? i think i stopped after that stage.

and im really far in Zelda..

chenishead
June 8th, 2007, 22:51
what file extension should be use. .v64 or .z64

pichon
June 11th, 2007, 18:10
Nobody has posted the sunday update? :

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=450305

Super Smash Bros - Dynarec Update

This is just a quick update to let everyone know I've finally figured out why the dynarec wasn't working in Super Smash Bros. The problem has taken a lot longer to identify than I'd hoped - in part because it was a particularly tricky bug but also because I've not had as much time to work on Daedalus recently as I would have liked.

Anyway, I managed to spend a few hours this weekend isolating the problem, and after a little experimentation I've been able to come up with a temporary workaround. With the fix in place SSB is running at around 30-40fps in game on the PSP, which is very exciting.

Now that I've identified the problem my next job is to come up with a permanent, robust solution to help fix similar problems in other roms. I also want to add some improved checks in the debug build to help spot other situations where this problem arises.

For those that are interested I'll post an update shortly (within the next day or so) with some of the technical details.

-StrmnNrmn

CaptainMorgan4
June 11th, 2007, 19:12
Yeah it's been posted, thanks anyway.

June 14th, 2007, 21:44
Hi I just got my PSP for my birthday thanks to my girlfriend. But anyway, I need some help looking for The best Emulators to use and where to get good roms. I don't want like EVERY system emulator ever. But if someone could please contact me and let me know where to go or even link me would be great.

I'm not going to lie I am rarely on this forum It's mostly a reading thing than posting thing for me. But there are other ways to contact me.

e-mail = [email protected]
AIM = SeNOYuNG

The only Emulators I want are for ...

SNES
NES
Nintendo 64
Playstation 1
------------------

And the games I'll get once I find out the place to go for roms or WHATEVER I need to play them.

And I also heard that once you put these emulators on. You can't play the UMD discs anymore. Is that true? Please contact me at ANYONE'S earliest convinience. The thought of playing Final Fantasy VII wherever and whenever I want is amazing.

Thanks in Advance for the help.

=SeNO=

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/SeNO2/sony_psp-02.jpg

LongWongHungLo
June 29th, 2007, 03:01
I keep getting a bad or broken zip file every time I try to unzip it...tried all three links and the same thing happened each time.

xg917
June 29th, 2007, 04:04
dont revive this thread, R12 is out. look for that.