PDA

View Full Version : Really cool homemade bomb idea!

IndianCheese
May 6th, 2007, 17:30
I came up with this in school one day. Here are the materials needed:

Coke BlaK bottle w/ cap
2 bottles of rubbing alcohol
Matches
Metal bucket
Water
Non-acid drain unclogger (preferably Thrift (http://www.thriftmarketing.com/thrift_drain_cleaner.htm))\
Aluminum foil
Water
Porous rope
Duct tape

Pour all of the rubbing alcohol into the bucket.
Soak the length of rope in it.
Lay the rope out so one end is in the bucket, touching the rubbing alcohol, and another end is as far away from the bucket as possible.
Fill half the Coke BlaK bottle with water.
Roll up a few tubes of aluminum foil and stuff them in the bottle.
Add a good bit of drain cleaner.
Screw on the lid very tight. You have made a classic example of a "Drano bomb". Now work fast.
Use the duct tape to tape the lid on.

You may notice the bottle getting extremely hot. It is producing hydrogen gas.

Drop the bottle into the bucket.
Light the free end of the rope on fire with the matches so the rope acts as a very long fuse.
Run like hell.

When that bottle gets enough pressure, it will blow up, releasing the pressurized hydrogen gas. The flaming pool of rubbing alcohol in which the bottle is sitting in will ignite the hydrogen. Boom.

Why a Coke BlaK bottle? It is a glass bottle with a screw-on plastic lid like on plastic bottles.

Enjoy blowing up your forest.

NoQuarter
May 6th, 2007, 17:39
Lol.

quzar
May 6th, 2007, 18:01
Last time I made a bomb the only ingrediants were a lead pipe, newspaper, and black powder.

kcajblue
May 6th, 2007, 21:29
have you tried this yet cheese?

wolfpack
May 6th, 2007, 22:33
... we dont have coke blak here

AvengedSevenfold Fan
May 7th, 2007, 02:59
last time i made a bomb, all i used was.............gas

ICE
May 7th, 2007, 03:17

wouldnt that be considered a fire?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
May 7th, 2007, 03:43
not if you put a lot in a small area :)

ICE
May 7th, 2007, 04:23
not if you put a lot in a small area :)

so a bigger fire? it still wouldnt be a "bomb".

kcajblue
May 7th, 2007, 04:30
i dont make bombs.
i made a potato gun.
i shoot stuff.
its really loud.

Chameleon
May 7th, 2007, 04:33
compressed gas makes things blow up because the molecules have no way to expand thus bursting

ICE
May 7th, 2007, 04:39
compressed gas makes things blow up because the molecules have no way to expand thus bursting

duh. thats not what he said though lol.

gas plus ignition= fire not bomb.

Chameleon
May 7th, 2007, 04:41
he said he put alot in a small area... dont forget that post buddy

I guess maybe he should be more clear LOL

ICE
May 7th, 2007, 04:45
he said he put alot in a small area... dont forget that post buddy

I guess maybe he should be more clear LOL

lol a lot of gas in a small area= more explosive fire.
for it to be a bomb it needs to be in something that will cause the pressure to rise until an explosion occurs.

kcajblue
May 7th, 2007, 04:45
gas plus ignition= fire not bomb.it equals combustion.
i use gas plus ignition for my potato gun.

but dangerous gas plus ignition = explosion.

ICE
May 7th, 2007, 04:48
it equals combustion.
i use gas plus ignition for my potato gun.

but dangerous gas plus ignition = explosion.

ok great. combustion is fire. combustion literally means burning or rapid oxidation.

all im saying is that gasoline plus only ignition with no container or outside force only makes a fire. put the gas in something before ignition yes. it will explode.

kcajblue
May 7th, 2007, 04:53
i know.
i was just saying what i use for my potato gun.

ICE
May 7th, 2007, 05:27
i know.
i was just saying what i use for my potato gun.

i used hair spray.

kcajblue
May 7th, 2007, 05:29
hair spray is really bad for it.
it gumms inside and stinks up the chamber.

bah
May 7th, 2007, 13:32
CRC/WD40, deodorant etc all work fine.
The higher the flammability rating on the can the better but my old potato gun used to send a lemon a LONG way on a spray of lynx.

The fit of the projectile in the barrel always seemed to be the most important thing, if you had to force the lemon down the barrel really hard with a long pole you would get a great shot. You also get an increased chance of getting showered in plastic shards but where's the fun in safety?

SnesR0X
May 7th, 2007, 18:27
lol, sounds fun

Triv1um
May 7th, 2007, 18:33
I find plastic explosives makes good bombs.

thats just a personal preference.

kcajblue
May 7th, 2007, 23:46
CRC/WD40, deodorant etc all work fine.
The higher the flammability rating on the can the better but my old potato gun used to send a lemon a LONG way on a spray of lynx.

The fit of the projectile in the barrel always seemed to be the most important thing, if you had to force the lemon down the barrel really hard with a long pole you would get a great shot. You also get an increased chance of getting showered in plastic shards but where's the fun in safety?the wd40 now doesnt work for combustions.
maybe if you find an old can.

and youll only get impaled with plastic if you use PVC and the chamber couldnt take the blast.
ABS doesnt have that problem.
it just rips and youll get a really bad burn.

LilSwish722
May 8th, 2007, 01:14
the wd40 now doesnt work for combustions.
maybe if you find an old can.

and youll only get impaled with plastic if you use PVC and the chamber couldnt take the blast.
ABS doesnt have that problem.
it just rips and youll get a really bad burn.

Now if I go to the ER, I want it to be because I did something manly...and personally I think being impaled with a hundred pieces of PVC is wayyyy manlier than getting a burn:D

kcajblue
May 8th, 2007, 03:20
id rather be less manly and alive and burned.
rather than manly and dead. lol.

bah
May 8th, 2007, 13:47
I was about 13 when I made it with what I could come across. It did have about 5 rolls of gaffer tape around the chamber in a pretty poor attempt to 'make it safer'.

The back of the chamber screwed on so if anything that probably would have stripped and flown off, or possibly the join between the larger back chamber and the barrel would come apart and it would shoot off backwards.
That would probably have given a nice burn.

At the time i felt completely safe shooting it 100s of times, my trusty tape keeping me safe from every possible possibility.
My dad helped me make it so he couldn't have been too worried. Doing stupid possibly dangerous stuff is what being a kid is all about.

I gave the thing to a mate years back, I normally used deodorant, which from looking at a can now has butane as a propellant and worked just fine.

My can of WD-40 I just looked at has the same flammability rating as my can of butane lighter gas, and seeings as its mostly kero (i don't care what the company says) with a propellant (probably butane again) I cant see why it wouldn't still work.

kcajblue
May 9th, 2007, 00:15
wrapping the chamber with tape wont help anything at all.
especially on a pneumatic.

red_sox32
May 9th, 2007, 01:04
i ll show you how to make a bomb out of a toiletpaper roll and a stick of dynamite.

kcajblue
May 9th, 2007, 01:15
lol. i dont think you need the toilet paper roll if you have a stick of dynamite already.

red_sox32
May 10th, 2007, 20:37
thats the joke.

kcajblue
May 10th, 2007, 22:56
thats why i said lol.
:D