PDA

View Full Version : PC help

gunntims0103
May 6th, 2007, 19:40
Okay my computer has still been messed up for quite some time now. I think i might have messed it up even more.

I turned on my computer and immediately went into Safe mode menu. I did this because my computer turns off by itself when at the normal windows sign in screen. While in Safe mode menu i turned of the screen and left my computer on. Once i turned on my screen again, there was no video output. I then noticed that my PC was in "sleep mode" and had the orange light on. i moved the mouse to see if it would come out of sleep mode but nothing happened.

I then turned off the computer and powered it on. Now heres the wierd part. Every time i power on my PC, its automatically turns on in "sleep mode" (orange light). I can't get it out.

Any ideas?

Triv1um
May 6th, 2007, 19:45
Can you access your BIOS? or does it kick in before you can even get into that?

gunntims0103
May 6th, 2007, 19:48
Can you access your BIOS? or does it kick in before you can even get into that?

As soon as i power it on, its alread in sleep mode (orange light). With no video output to screen.

BrooksyX
May 6th, 2007, 20:10
Is the it an orange light on your pc or on your monitor. If it is on your monitor it sounds like your pc isnt sending the monitor a video signal. This could mean a few things, your motherboard could bed dead, your video card could be dead, or your video card may have become partly unplugged and just needs to be pushed back in.

gunntims0103
May 6th, 2007, 20:13
No the power button is orange, thats why theres no video output. But put aside the video output because that is not the problem. My PC just keeps powering on in sleep mode.